Resident Evil Scenario Game in Hudson, WI 400+ Players Sept. 19 & 20 * Free Camping Friday Night
Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:53 PM
Resident Evil Scenario Paintball Game II - Saturday, Sept. 20, 2008 - http://www.giantgame.com
Hosted by Splat Tag, Inc. in Hudson, Wisconsin.
Thousands in Prizes, including Tippmann X7's and other great prizes.
Free Camping on site Friday night.
First 500 players receive a free Game Patch.
C02 and HP Air refills included with Entry.
Sponsored by Kee Action Sports and Tippmann *
Night Game from 6pm to 11pm. Lights added to three fields.
Main Game Saturday from 9am to 5pm
Splat Tag - 651-488-7700
Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:23 PM
This post has been edited by lonestar2222003: 31 August 2008 - 07:24 PM
Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:48 AM
I sent you a PM in the BadgerBrigades Forum about this game! We had so much fun being the S.T.A.R.S.Unit (not the one shown above, the other one... the one that wreaked havoc on the Zombies for a day and a half and completed ALL of the S.T.A.R.S. missions on Sunday!) WE WANNA DO IT AGAIN!!!
Please get ahold of me ASAP! I need to talk to you about this game!!
" This man is THE BOSS, so listen up you maggots!" ~Little Brother
"Badger Brigades uber alles!" ~ Wolche Duka
Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:48 AM
Only a 200' walk from Check-in to the insertion area and playing field for the Resident Evil Giant Game!
Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:13 PM
This post has been edited by EmperorNikko: 10 September 2008 - 01:14 PM
Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:13 PM
But I'd love to know how the one reinsertion point works ahead of time. Sounds like an interesting mechanic to me.
@EmperorNikko: IIRC, they do rentals for the GBG; my dad rented a marker at the last one and there were like 40 rental sets.
This post has been edited by Sir Gre: 10 September 2008 - 08:15 PM
Official Saber #.30102 (logarithm of 2)
Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:05 PM
Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:25 PM
Here's how things happen:
1. You insert as a human from the human insertion.
2. When you are hit, you are "infected" and join the "zombie team" instantly (no inserting as a zombie, you can immedietly engage other "human" players)
3. When you are on the zombie team and hit, you go back to the human insertion area.
4. Reinsert on the human team like step #1
Some people will start as zombies to begin the initial gameplay, but otherwise this rotation is the main way to play.
Other interesting note -- last time, humans were hit by any regular hit, but zombies were only hit by torso/head shots. I do not know if this rule will continue to this year.
Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:31 AM
2.Any shot on a Human turned them into a Zombie.
3. A Human turning into a Zombie can either turn and shoot other people right away (after removing arm tape) or has to the count of 10 to run away from the Humans before turning in to a Zombie. Either way a player must remove their armband to signal that they are now a Zombie. Zombies can not shoot with an armband still on. If they do they are eliminated.
4.Center mass & head shot only can kill a zombie, arms, legs and guns hits do not count on Zombies.
When a Zomie is eliminated they go to the Human Insertion Area to start the cycle over again.
5. S.T.A.R.S. Unit members could not be turned into zombies they just died and started over at a assigned base.
6. Some people had "cure" paintball shots. Very limited to cure Zombies into people until they got shot by a zombie again. If a Zombie is hit with a "Cure" paintball they must go to the player that shot them with the "Cure" and receive an Armband be for playing as a Human.
7. Laws kill zombies (they are blown up).
8. Nemisis have terminator rules. Nemisis only try to Eliminate Zombies.
S.T.A.R.S: Armband on each arm.
Posted 21 September 2008 - 06:05 AM
We had players from Canada, Michigan, Iowa, The Dakota's, Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Big thanks to the all 27 referees that help out all day!
At the end of the day we gave away for Prizes: 1 Tippmann X7 with E-grip, 2 Tippmann X7's, 2 Tippmann A5's, 10 HP 72/3000 air bottles, 2 Giant Gear Bags, 4 Halo B's, 8 Cases of Evil Paintballs, 4 Invert Mini Shirts, 24 4+1 Paint Packs, 100 Pods, 4 Battle of Serenity Valley DVD and a lot of squeegees
Pictures should be posted on www.GiantGame.com in the next two weeks.
Splat Tag ran 12 Scenario Games in 2008 for a total of over 2400 players. Thanks for another great year!
2009 is going to be even Bigger!