• You cannot reply to this topic

Recon The use of and proper deployment Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   platinum marksman 

• paintballer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:platinum marksman

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:17 AM

For those who care my team finally added a recon unit. I'm familiar with with recon and such, having done a little myself when I needed to on the field, but I've never had a full blown unit dedicated to. So, I'm still figuring out the kinks in the system. This weekend my team plays two other teams on ground we all have never played or seen before( besides, ironically my recon unit). My curiosity is, how would I effectively deploy in battle and use my recon unit against a superior force. Besides location of and number of opponents, what are some things I should ask for that most people normally don't think of. I'm just looking for information that would help me use this new tool to its greatest effectiveness.

Lead, and if necessary, use words.

#2 Guest_b_soukup_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 08:34 PM

platinum marksman, on Nov 12 2008, 09:17 AM, said:

For those who care my team finally added a recon unit. I'm familiar with with recon and such, having done a little myself when I needed to on the field, but I've never had a full blown unit dedicated to. So, I'm still figuring out the kinks in the system. This weekend my team plays two other teams on ground we all have never played or seen before( besides, ironically my recon unit). My curiosity is, how would I effectively deploy in battle and use my recon unit against a superior force. Besides location of and number of opponents, what are some things I should ask for that most people normally don't think of. I'm just looking for information that would help me use this new tool to its greatest effectiveness.

the most effective way to deploy them is keep them stalking the other team and have them observing and reporting there every movement. and when the time comes use them to harass the other team by taking a few of there guys out at a time pulling back and doing it again. hope that helps. :P

#3 User is offline   KRKID24 

• Captain
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KRKID24

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:10 AM

I have a unit similar to that of a recon unit. We call it the advanced guard, what we use them for is as you say, to ascertain opfor dispositions and harassment. For my team I assign the recon role for (dagger-like) players in finding a feasible area to occupy, and holding it until the rest of the team can analyze the enemy and attack from a position of advantage. Something of a a bait for the opfor. The importance I lay on the recon is their ability to assess the enemy position and utilize mobility(running alot) to keep the enemy on their toes. (just outside firing range). So i keep my recon force in high regard and place teammates who are enthusiastic and have good communication skills because I am going to need them to give me a truthful, clear cut assessment and at times take initiatives while the rest of the team is busy.
Also know that recon or harassment units must understand what it means to be recon. When harassing an enemy it is not the same as engaging. Engaging is when you bring your markers up to bear for kills while pushing momentum. Harassing is the constant shifting of momentum at various points to make the enemy react and finding a weak point. The goal is not to necessary knock out the enemy but to distract him so yelling, screaming and crap talking is permitted.
Make sure that you have good coordination with the recon unit or you could be feeding kills to the enemy.
At times it may be best that the CO command the recon so he or she would be able to directly assess the "intel" from recon.
Mobile Infantry, 1st Company
Captain Rob K. Yoshikami

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users