• You cannot reply to this topic

I emailed Brass Eagle Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Butlermilitia 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:13 AM

Here is what I sent.

"Hello my name is Luke Rowland. I am a 15 year old that wanted to get into paintball. I had saved my allowence and birthday money to get a paintball gun. I went into the local paintball store and looked at what they had and I seen a Brass eagle raider starter pack. I thought it looks good and I have a little left to get some paintballs and a 9 oz CO2 tank. Well I admired it all the way home, and after contacting one of my friends I was pleased to hear that him and some other of my friends were going out on a Saterday. Well saterday roled around and the my first game ever rolled a round. I loved it, but by the second game my gun wasn't working right. It was rapid shooting with only 3 balls coming out and wouldn't recock. Well that was the end for my first time ever. On Monday the following week I contacted your customer service and they told me what I found in the included instructions. I was out of gas or it needed lubricated. Well my friends lubricated it and I borrowed 3 brand new working 20 oz tanks for my friends and tried one. The gun did the same thing as previously stated it would rapidly fire shooting 3 balls and wouldn't recock. Well I decided I would contact the company a second time and see if I could get some assistance or some clue on what is wrong with this gun. I would like to know did I make a mistake purchasing a product from your company. From everyone I talked to they said I did, but I figured I would ask you to see if they were right. My little sister was planning on getting a gun and I was going to suggest your company but from the looks of my previous purchase I told her to hold off. I don't have anything against your company and would rather not spend time telling fellow newbe paintballers to shy away from your company. I thought when I purchased my raider I might actually enjoy paintballing with this gun, but as of the moment I am thinking other wise. I am hoping you can help me in some way. Thank you for your time.

Luke Rowland"

I emailed them to see if I could get some anwsers about the piece of junk I wasted my money on. Heck I have a pump paintball gun that is about 10 - 1 over the raider.

Anyone else here made the mistake of purchasing off of Brass Eagle. Thanks for listening and your time.

Butlermilitia

#2 User is offline   raindog 

• Sitting On the Angry Chair
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:raindog

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:14 AM

I applaud you for writing to the company and voicing your opinion. I hope you learned a valuable lesson, which is do your research before buying! It doesn't stop with paintball markers either. As you grow older the objects get more expensive. Cars, furniture, houses, etc.. You have to do a lot of research, ask questions and maybe even try different things before you buy. BE markers are now know to be subpar at best. It's unfortunate this happened and maybe they will work with you, good luck. Oh and I don't mean to be rude, but in the future proof read your letter and spell check it before sending. There are a few mistakes in it. ;) Beilieve it or not the company may not take you seriously because of it. Again I am only passing on knowledge I have aquired throughout the years.
Former A5OG Special Forces Member

Just because your paranoid, don't mean they're not after you!

#3 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:53 AM

Quick question: Are you by chance from Butler County, PA? Just going from your name....

It sounds like the sear and/or hammer have worn out. Unfortunately that's what you get with Brass Eagle... and now with Tippmann. Low quallity parts that wear out faster.

#4 User is offline   BlueJoe 

• Paintball Is A Religion, Many Attend, Few Understand
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueJoe

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:01 AM

View PostButlermilitia, on Aug 1 2006, 06:13 AM, said:

going out on a Saterday. Well saterday

Fix that spelling mistake.

Its Saturday not Saterday. :)

-Joe

#5 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:t-bone

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:33 AM

yea i did i bought the exact same gun as you and the peice of crap broke balls all the time, never ever shot straight, then finally i just went and got a new gun, well since i had a new gun i though i would take apart the raider well i did and the strikers o ring was torn all to pieces the bolts o ring too, the hose i tried to take t off and it broke so all in all the raider sucks eggs, buy a spyder pilot acs, its a good beginner gun
Thats like walking into a room and saying 'Chocolate Cake' and then walking out...nobody knows what you mean.
-Tenacious

I bet my gun-whore (nah- not a gun whore yet- more of a gun-skank. or whatever comes before whore... Catholic Schoolgirl? :P) senses will kick in and then I'll end up with something else...
-thisissparta

#6 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

this is why i always suggest saving your recipt, get a refund on that peice of junk, or if you dont have it try to excange it over and over. eventualy your rotate to a working one

#7 User is offline   Butlermilitia 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:18 AM

Well unfortunetly it is past warrenty :( And the recipt would take about 1 month for my mom to find, if it is even possable. I will now be saving for the BT-4 Combat. Which someone on my recent post said that they dropped the price to 120 and I checked the site and they haven't it is still 160. Also Jackson I live in central ohio in a small town called Butler.

#8 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 01 August 2006 - 04:47 PM

Well first of all the company will probably laugh at you for all of your spelling mistakes. However I give you props for your politeness and sincerity. However they have no lawful obligation to help you since you do not have the receipt(sp) and the warranty has expired.

I bought a BE Talon and I broke it (due to my own foolishness, not the malfunctioning of the gun) and I bought a BE Eradicator/Marauder from a friend. It worked fine for me and didn't cause any problems. I have since sold said gun to a friend and it has not broken for him either. Still prefer my Tippy though.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#9 User is offline   Butlermilitia 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:05 PM

Well I filled the tanks myself because I owed my friend 1 tank full and another friend just bought two and for borrowing them I would give him full tank on return. So my friends made out on the deal and I know two where brand new. I now they have not obligation but I can keep my fingers crossed.

#10 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:04 PM

Sounds like the tanks were empty.

BE is probably one of the worst gun makers out there. The thing taht's weird is they've always made entry level guns and they've always gotten criticism...but they actually have gotten worse! First they get rid of the Rainmaker, probably their only solid product...then they stop making the Raptor...the only gun that had a decent amount of metal on it...then they get rid of the Tiger Shark after making it clear. Now they just have weird looking stuff. Heck, they had to do a recall I think on the Blade Turbo because it would blow up or something.

Now, it's not just BE. I've had my own bad experience with 32 degrees. They actually went so far as to tell me that I should throw away their marker and buy a newer model. :P . Meanwhile, I have Spyders and Mags that are 5-10 years old and shoot like a dream and I can get customer service for them with no problem whatsoever.

As for my BE story, I had an Eradicator and didn't like it so I sold it to a buddy of mine. He can use it, but it chops like mad. He is constantly squeegieing his barrel on the field. I feel bad for him and I think he'd enjoy paintball more if he got a better gun, but I also don't want to waste a bunch of money buying him one when he's too lazy to clean it. I was going to give him an autococker, but there's no way he would be able to maintain it and troubleshoot it enough to use it. He also has a Stingray I, but that thing won't shoot over 251psi...so he's just in a bad spot all around. :huh:
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#11 Guest_GlockFire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:09 PM

Well, your first mistake was buying a brass eagle. I wish you wouldve gotten on any paintball forum and asked about how well BEs work. The are basically a stacked tube disaster, only made for wal mart. Next time, save your money a little longer and buy a spyder or a tippmann.

#12 User is offline   takedown65 

• Midnight Raider
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:16 PM

You get what you pay for, you buy a cheap gun your gonna get cheap results.

Midnight RaidersMy feedback

#13 User is offline   MDS 

• A Beautiful Lie
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:20 PM

You finially realised :P
You Get What you Pay For.
We are going on a safari, see the lions from my Ferrari xD
One of a Kind AKA Sniper F/S/T
Cheap LNIB Quest F/S/T

#14 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:47 PM

You probably just got a bad egg. My dad has that gun and its awesome. But everyone else speaks the truth you get what you pay for.

#15 User is offline   ottoman98 

• The Sultan
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sovietsniper

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

I think the most important rule in paintball, asides from wearing a mask is: NEVER BUY ANYTHING THAT IS BRASS EAGLE.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users