The Hobbit movie ...v2 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

So its about bloody time...
After several years of delays, studio management issues, labor disputes & other assorted shenanigans, Perter Jacksons 2 movie version of the "the Hobbit" finally started filming a few weeks ago.
I am several stages above exited, being a fairly major Tolkien geek. :D

Peter Jackson's video production intro:
My linkFirstBehindtheScenesVideoofTheHobbitisLive

For plenty of other geeky goodness:
The One Ring.net

PRODUCTION BEGINS IN NEW ZEALAND ON THE HOBBIT, PETER JACKSON’S TWO FILM EPIC ADAPTATION OF J.R.R. TOLKIEN’S TIMELESS CLASSIC

In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit…

Wellington, NZ, March 21, 2011—Production has commenced in Wellington, New Zealand, on “The Hobbit,” filmmaker Peter Jackson’s two film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s widely read masterpiece.

“The Hobbit” is set in Middle-earth 60 years before Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings,” which Jackson and his filmmaking team brought to the big screen in the blockbuster trilogy that culminated with the Oscar-winning “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.”

The two films, with screenplays by Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Guillermo del Toro and Peter Jackson, will be shot consecutively in digital 3D using the latest camera and stereo technology. Filming will take place at Stone Street Studios, Wellington, and on location around New Zealand.

“The Hobbit” follows the journey of title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakensheild. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers.

Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever … Gollum.

Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of guile and courage that surprise even him, he also gains possession of Gollum’s “precious” ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities … A simple, gold ring that is tied to the fate of all Middle-earth in ways Bilbo cannot begin to know.

Martin Freeman takes the title role as Bilbo Baggins and Ian McKellen returns in the role of Gandalf the Grey. The Dwarves are played by Richard Armitage (Thorin Oakenshield), Ken Stott (Balin), Graham McTavish (Dwalin), William Kircher (Bifur) James Nesbitt (Bofur), Stephen Hunter (Bombur), Rob Kazinsky (Fili), Aidan Turner (Kili), Peter Hambleton (Gloin), John Callen (Oin), Jed Brophy (Nori), Mark Hadlow (Dori) and Adam Brown (Ori). Reprising their roles from “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy are Cate Blanchett as Galadriel, Andy Serkis as Gollum and Elijah Wood as Frodo. Jeffrey Thomas and Mike Mizrahi also join the cast as Dwarf Kings Thror and Thrain, respectively. Further casting announcements are expected.

“The Hobbit” is produced by Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, alongside Carolynne Cunningham. Executive producers are Ken Kamins and Zane Weiner, with Philippa Boyens as co-producer. The Oscar-winning, critically acclaimed “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, also from the production team of Jackson and Walsh, grossed nearly $3 billion worldwide at the box office. In 2003, “The Return of the King” swept the Academy Awards, winning all of the 11 categories in which it was nominated, including Best Picture – the first ever Best Picture win for a fantasy film. The trilogy’s production was also unprecedented at the time.

Among the creative behind-the-scenes team returning to Jackson’s crew are director of photography Andrew Lesnie, production designer Dan Hennah, conceptual designers Alan Lee and John Howe, composer Howard Shore and make-up and hair designer Peter King. Costumes are designed by Ann Maskrey and Richard Taylor.

Taylor is also overseeing the design and production of weaponry, armour and prosthetics which are once again being made by the award winning Weta Workshop. Weta Digital take on the visual effects for both films, led by the film’s visual effects supervisor, Joe Letteri. Post production will take place at Park Road Post Production in Wellington.

“The Hobbit” films are co-produced by New Line Cinema and MGM, with New Line managing production. Warner Bros Pictures is handling worldwide theatrical distribution, with select international territories as well as all international television licensing being handled by MGM. The two films are planned for release in late 2012 and 2013, respectively.

link to original thread...if anyone cares. 2008. :facepalm:
http://forum.special...pic=148746&st=0

#2 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:54 AM

I am looking forward to it, for I too have always loved tolkien. I have read the hobbit and LOTR multiple times. I think Peter Jackson did an excellent job on LOTR so I have high hopes for his adaptation of the hobbit.

#3 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:18 PM

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• it is better to watch something than to do something
  • Pip

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

The hobbit was my favorite out of the books. I'm glad they are making the movie finally.
:P

#5 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

Ahh Bilbo, Always was a great guy. I remember sitting in the shire and listening to him tell me this story shortly after he returned. It is about time Hollywood shows his exploits that match if not exceed Frodo's own exploits.

Serious though Awesome loved the books and the movies were pretty good themselves.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:54 PM

B)

Attached File(s)

#7 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

OK, alot has been happening...
here is the latest from PJ himself - lots of costumes in this clip & interviews with the cast
Hobbit Production Video #3 Released!

Posted Image
Oin & Gloin (Gimli's father)
Posted Image
Bombour, Bifur & Bofur
Posted Image
Balin & Dwalin
Posted Image
Thorin Oakenshield

#8 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

I love LOTR, the movies were amazing, I wish the story went through more movies like Harry Potter which I dont like at all lol. Legolas FTW! :)

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#9 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

All 13 Dwarves....

#10 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

the guy on the end on the right.... he doesn't look as "dwarvish" as the rest.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#11 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:08 AM

That's Krili (Or Fili... or whatever). He and the one second to the left are the youngest of the dwarves. Hence why they look less... dwarvy.

Just wish they made King Oakenshield look more like a Klingon. And by that, I mean Michael Dorn must have turned them down.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#12 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

I know what it is: He doesn't have a big nose like the rest of them. Actually, I think they made Thorin look TOO MUCH like a Klingon. All he's missing is the forehead, seriously. And he doesn't have a nose either, but I guess they didn't want to mar his "regal" look or something.

The Bald Guy with the great hammer (Dwalin I guess?) Is the coolest looking one, IMO.....though the crazy hat guy looks cool too
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#13 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

View PostEagle Eye, on 27 July 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

the guy on the end on the right.... he doesn't look as "dwarvish" as the rest.

haha looks like Seth Green with an attitude! and Fabio hair!
Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

#14 User is offline   waldtoftheGreen 

• The King in the North
  • Pip

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

REALLY excited now. The LOTR is a great trilogy of books and movies, and the Hobbit is the best of them!
Dwalin looks like hes gonna kick some more ass!
SWEDISH GERMAN NORWEGIAN DANISH
"Give me honorable enemies rather than ambitious ones, and I'll sleep more easily by night."
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

#15 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

New video blog from Peter Jackson...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic