• You cannot reply to this topic

First Strike Mags for the Traccer Pump and 98 Custom

#1 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

So first off all credit to the original design and manufacture of these mags goes to my friend Scott or the Triffed on the tactical paintball forums (tacticalpaintball.com/newforum) I just made the modifications to make them work almost perfectly.

Now the mags are made of plastic and use a plastic ball pusher and the tiberius first strike mag spring to load the first strikes. The original mags werent made with exact size of a first strike, but got really close. I cut up some of my nametags for work and jb welded them inside the mag to make up for the gaps. I also had two ball pushers originally but they didn't push all the way into the marker so it didn't maintain constant pressure on the first strikes which caused the last one to break, because it wouldn't be properly aligned in the breach when the bolt moved forward. So I used a dremel to cut up one and then used jb weld to make a new ball pusher which is longer and doesn't allow the ball to become misaligned. On the Traccer in order to mount it you have to make sure the magazine is properly aligned to the breach and then drill two holes through the top rail. The top rail is only plastic and where you will drill the holes wont effect anything other than the cosmetics of the marker. Then you use two bolts and nuts to attach the mag to the marker. There is one problem that I experienced and its that if you drop the marker or smack a tree really hard on the magazine it may break the mag off the side. I broke it off the side of my traccer and chose to JB weld it to my marker. I would like to see these made out of metal to avoid the problem and make it sturdier, but neither my friend or I have the ability to do so.
Now on to loading the mag. All you have to do is slide the ball pusher back until you can lock it in then open the hinge on top. That allows you to just slide the first strikes in the mag. I have learned though that you need to be careful when doing this because if the ball pusher becomes unlocked it will shoot the spring and pusher about 3 feet in whatever direction its facing, as well as any first strikes inside. Then when the rounds are loaded you close the mag and unlock the ball pusher. then you are ready to go.
The magazine doesn't stick out that much on the side but its noticable and takes a little getting used to. It may also need some lube and a dust cover, because playing in the dirt or sand tends to make it jam a tad. But all in all I'm very happy with this mod and it doesnt chop my first strikes like my old t9 did :)

edit: As for the 98 custom I used a longer screw where the clamshell comes together on top and another bolt that I jb welded to the side of the gun and tightened it down with nuts and a ziptie. I had to dremel out a first strike breach for the 98 and in order to get it to fit in the rifle stock I had to dremel off the hopper attachment holes. I have it set up in semi auto but I have another powertube that is single shot modded, I just cant find a way to put a bolt action handle on the gun so I haven't had it installed yet.

now for pics
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Phobeus: 03 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

#2 User is offline   barkingspider 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

Great job! I'd love to see some videos of this working. Very inventive with your design.......two thumbs up with your mod

#3 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

Thanks! I'm trying to find a camera so I can get video of it working. It's pretty cool to know that I can shoot first strikes in guns other than the tiberius line up :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users