Special Ops Paintball: shot in mouth! - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

shot in mouth!

#1 User is offline   the_shooting_bush 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 17
  • Joined: 05-June 06
  • Brigade Name:longbow99

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:02 PM

Some friends were hanging out in Andrew's basement, joking around, playing video games, eating. Andrew was irritable that night. He chose to to deal with the situation by threat. If certain named people did not stop bothering him, he said, as he loaded his Tippmann 98 custom paintgun, he would shoot them.

Although Andrew assured everyone that the safety was on, and he wouldn't shoot unless annoyed, one guy was not reassured. He jumped on Andrew and wrestled for the gun. Andrew threw him aside, and (as he later explained) "to prove the safety was on," he opened his mouth, inserted the barrel of the paintgun, and pulled the trigger.

His eyes widened as the paintball fired into his throat at 300 feet per second. He fell to his knees, coughing blood, but refused to let anyone call an ambulance. His throat was so swollen that he had difficulty breathing. After two hours, he recovered long enough to kick everyone out of his house, and suffer in private.

Andrew couldn't eat for three days, and couldn't talk for a week. Once he was able to open his mouth, he realized he had blown his uvula clean off. It was gone! And he had no gag reflex, either.

His uvula does appear to be growing back, and he shows no symptoms of long term damage, which is rather lucky. We all tease him about it from time to time. The best part of the story is that his parents never found out!


coming from darwin awards.com

sorry if it's old news
0

#2 User is offline   SHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED 

  • ?
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 211
  • Joined: 05-June 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:houston, tx
  • Brigade Name:SHOOTSWITHEYESCLOSED

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:22 PM

in one of the forums a guy put up pics of himself after shooting himself in the eye. he lost 98% of his vision in that eye from the swelling alone. He later recovered his vision though.
0

#3 User is offline   Jackson 

  • Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 01-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:26 PM

Too bad he didn't actually get a Darwin Award. :P I really truly believe some people are so outright stupid that they should not be trusted with their own lives. They are only a danger to themselves and those around them.
0

#4 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

  • Settle it the old fasioned way, first guy to die LOSES!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,027
  • Joined: 24-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bowie, MD
  • Brigade Name:ZombieAtak

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:46 AM

The only thing dumber than threatening people with a marker, then putting it in your mouth and pulling the trigger, is NOT calling medical aid.

Andrew should not be permitted to breed.
ZombieAtak's Feedback
2nd Place: Outdoor Adventures AFFM Tournament 10/19/2008
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09
0

#5 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

  • The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,513
  • Joined: 31-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Georgia
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:08 AM

Well, I say that if he's that much of a smoldering idiot, he deserved it.
0

#6 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,475
  • Joined: 01-August 07

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:28 AM

View PostZombieAtak, on Dec 6 2007, 09:46 AM, said:

The only thing dumber than threatening people with a marker, then putting it in your mouth and pulling the trigger, is NOT calling medical aid.

Andrew should not be permitted to breed.


He could have easly suffocated due to swelling.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   Puzuma 

  • That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 14,382
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London ON, Canada
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:35 AM

While I know for a fact people can be incredibly stupid, I'm not putting a lot of stock in Darwinawards.com. Several of the stories there have been proven to be lies.

But the story is a good safety lesson.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.
0

#8 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

  • The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,513
  • Joined: 31-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Athens, Georgia
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:37 AM

...A VERY good safety lession...

I've gotten shot in the mouth before through the holes in my mask and I still choked.

This post has been edited by Ka1iBuR: 06 December 2007 - 08:38 AM

0

#9 User is offline   thebostinian 

  • SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,268
  • Joined: 08-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Grove City College or Burnt Hills, NY
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:57 AM

View PostKa1iBuR, on Dec 6 2007, 10:37 AM, said:

...A VERY good safety lession...

I've gotten shot in the mouth before through the holes in my mask and I still choked.


mmm...marbalizer...i'm hungry now :P

as for the darwin awards, this guy can't have won one, he didn't actually take himself out of the gene pool.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"
0

#10 User is offline   Thalion 

  • Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 22-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Twin Cities, MN

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:59 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Dec 6 2007, 09:35 AM, said:

While I know for a fact people can be incredibly stupid, I'm not putting a lot of stock in Darwinawards.com. Several of the stories there have been proven to be lies.


Usually, if it reads "Confirmed by Darwin" underneath, it means that the author of darwinawards.com found some form of evidence supporting it (such as a local newspaper or other source). The only actual "Darwin Award" winner that I can recall being found fake was the JATO Rocket guy, the other fake stories have been in other categories.

When it comes to the "Unconfirmed" or the Personal Accounts (of which this paintball story was one), there's no real way to know if it was true or not until someone produces either the proof it was or wasn't fake.

I saw this on there a few weeks ago, and to be honest I'm somewhat skeptical. I'm not sure the paintball would have done that much damage. Yes, it would have been painful. Yes, it would be a bad thing... but I'm not sure it would be that bad.


View Postthebostinian, on Dec 6 2007, 09:57 AM, said:

as for the darwin awards, this guy can't have won one, he didn't actually take himself out of the gene pool.


He didn't win one. Darwinawards.com has several sections for different forms of stupidity:

Darwin Awards - the title object in which the people remove themselves from the gene pool (with one sole exception, Lawn Chair Larry won his award before his death)

Honorable Mentions - the stories with either evidence to support them or many emails from different readers of the same story. These are stories where the idiot lived through their stupidity.

Personal Accounts - particularly interesting emails from some of their users, these are first hand accounts and the least credible IMO. These, again, usually the idiot survives (although sometimes they do not).

This post has been edited by Thalion: 06 December 2007 - 09:07 AM

Member of Team Akkadian

0

#11 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

  • Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 971
  • Joined: 23-June 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibbon, MN
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:46 AM

some people....
even if this story is false, doing that is just dumb
but some people just never learn or think about anything at all
0

#12 User is offline   Goliath 

  • Fu-Man-Chu
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 125
  • Joined: 22-February 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba, Canada
  • Brigade Name:Goliath_7

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:54 AM

Two words: Natural Selection :D

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.-William Shakespeare
0

#13 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

  • Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 971
  • Joined: 23-June 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibbon, MN
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:56 AM

View PostGoliath, on Dec 6 2007, 12:54 PM, said:

Two words: Natural Selection :D

Haha I wished that would happen a little sooner in some cases.
0

#14 User is offline   ag09 

  • Pro Rec Baller
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 281
  • Joined: 17-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aggieland
  • Brigade Name:AG09

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:21 PM

I don't really think its cool to laugh at other peoples misfortunes.

Now on another note, what the heck? If you want to see if the safety is on, shoot a wall or something, not your mouth. Who knows, the safety could have been broken anyhow.

That could almost do a lot of real damage, because once inside your mouth, you don't have that much bone protecting important parts (brain, spinal column, breathing stuff). Wouldn't surprise me too much if alcohol was involved.

Man, people do some of the dumbest things with paintball guns.
Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war! - Patton
Texas Legion - Central Texas
0

#15 User is offline   snipin'since88 

  • TEUFELHUNDEN
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 216
  • Joined: 10-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Yuma, AZ
  • Brigade Name:snipinsince88

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:15 PM

View Postthe_shooting_bush, on Dec 5 2007, 10:02 PM, said:

Some friends were hanging out in Andrew's basement, joking around, playing video games, eating. Andrew was irritable that night. He chose to to deal with the situation by threat. If certain named people did not stop bothering him, he said, as he loaded his Tippmann 98 custom paintgun, he would shoot them.

Although Andrew assured everyone that the safety was on, and he wouldn't shoot unless annoyed, one guy was not reassured. He jumped on Andrew and wrestled for the gun. Andrew threw him aside, and (as he later explained) "to prove the safety was on," he opened his mouth, inserted the barrel of the paintgun, and pulled the trigger.

His eyes widened as the paintball fired into his throat at 300 feet per second. He fell to his knees, coughing blood, but refused to let anyone call an ambulance. His throat was so swollen that he had difficulty breathing. After two hours, he recovered long enough to kick everyone out of his house, and suffer in private.

Andrew couldn't eat for three days, and couldn't talk for a week. Once he was able to open his mouth, he realized he had blown his uvula clean off. It was gone! And he had no gag reflex, either.

His uvula does appear to be growing back, and he shows no symptoms of long term damage, which is rather lucky. We all tease him about it from time to time. The best part of the story is that his parents never found out!


coming from darwin awards.com

sorry if it's old news



sounds like andrew is a moron. his parents should have taught him gun safety rules.
0

Share this topic:


  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users