Special Ops Paintball: Sports Cars - whatcha got? - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sports Cars - whatcha got? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:27 PM

We took the universal kit on their site for our project, which came up to 1900 all together give or take, added a good bit of man-hours, had some dyno time and called it done for under 3k, it's still going strong.

So sorry, I must know NOTHING about turbos, right?

Now, onto the better gas mileage, I would imagine you should know the turbine when it's still spinnig at a low rpm, it's still pushing a small amount of air. It's not enough to even amount to half a psi, but uses up the otherwise wasted pressure, it's not huge, bt better than the alternative (super parasitc xcharger)

Pleas learn more about my car before telling me what to do with it, as much as I would just love to "bolt a cobra blower right on", last time I checked, v8 twin scre blowers don't work on my v6, unless someone has made an adapter I haven't seen yet.
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#32 User is offline   C0N0R 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

View PostC0N0R, on Oct 5 2009, 11:27 PM, said:

We took the universal kit on their site for our project, which came up to 1900 all together give or take, added a good bit of man-hours, had some dyno time and called it done for under 3k, it's still going strong.

Now, onto the better gas mileage, I would imagine you should know the turbine when it's still spinnig at a low rpm, it's still pushing a small amount of air. It's not enough to even amount to half a psi, but uses up the otherwise wasted exhaust pressure, it's not huge, bt better than the alternative (super parasitc xcharger)

Pleas learn more about my car before telling me what to do with it, as much as I would just love to "bolt a cobra blower right on", last time I checked, v8 twin scre blowers don't work on my v6, unless someone has made an adapter I haven't seen yet.

SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#33 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:42 PM

View PostC0N0R, on Oct 5 2009, 09:27 PM, said:

Now, onto the better gas mileage, I would imagine you should know the turbine when it's still spinnig at a low rpm, it's still pushing a small amount of air. It's not enough to even amount to half a psi, but uses up the otherwise wasted pressure, it's not huge, bt better than the alternative (super parasitc xcharger)

"i'm planing out a remote turbocharger (think STS turbo) for when i get some more money, ive been planning for a few months now."

You just said you didnt have money for the turbo kit, and now your telling me that its on your car and running strong? When you add PSI to ANY engine on the intake side it will require more gas to burn that air. Thus, NO you will get worse gas mileage compared to a N/A car. It might be better than a supercharger, but once you kick in the turbo, that goes out the window. As for the cobra comment, sorry I dont know what brand of supercharger fits on a v6 mustang, that has nothing to do with the fact that you can still put a supercharger that cost 4K on the car and get the same effect as a turbo that cost 7K. The only difference is you dont get a BOV "pssssh" when you let off the gas, its cheaper to maintain, and you dont have to wait for spool.

Agian, I need to stay out of the thread because Im taking it over, if you still want to argue, send me a pm :panzer:

#34 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:08 PM

View PostXakk, on Oct 5 2009, 09:06 PM, said:

"Once it gets over about 15-20 psi it doesn't make any difference"
Then why are you pushing 27psi? that's just going to put stress on the turbo and engine??? lol. but hey, it is cool that you can say that your pushing 27psi! :panzer:

Basically because I don't have a boost controller setup, and it's not as if I hold it constantly at 27. Honestly, it rarely gets above 10.

<Insert Sig Here>

#35 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

View PostStuffy, on Oct 5 2009, 06:24 PM, said:

And do you mean Nissan GT-R?

Super /Facepalm
Yes. Yes I do. I was talking about my friends Honda S2000 just before I posted. Freudian Slip I guess.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#36 User is offline   C0N0R 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:42 AM

No, I'm pretty sure I said sonewhere that I had Driven a car with it that helped put t on (3000gt), and that my mustang doesn't Have any sort of turbo, learn to read.

I know what it takes for my car, considerig we've already done it on another car and t worked, don't tell me what to do on mine.
brownie points-15

#37 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:02 AM

View PostC0N0R, on Oct 6 2009, 04:42 AM, said:

No, I'm pretty sure I said sonewhere that I had Driven a car with it that helped put t on (3000gt), and that my mustang doesn't Have any sort of turbo, learn to read.

I know what it takes for my car, considerig we've already done it on another car and t worked, don't tell me what to do on mine.

Okay, quote yourself from this topic where you said you had driven a car with it AND helped put it on. I know how to read and I have been very logical and polite so far, your getting upset over nothing all because you contradicted yourself and are trying to cover yourself. The only thing you said close to such a phrase is:
"We took the universal kit on their site for our project, which came up to 1900 all together give or take, added a good bit of man-hours, had some dyno time and called it done for under 3k, it's still going strong"
That does not say anywhere that you installed or have driven a car with the setup, it simply states that you CALCULATED it to be worth 3K and then at the end you wrote "it's still going strong" which as the sentence implies, is a reference to your car/project as the sentence states or you misused the word "it"

I cannot read your mind to know which car/project you are referring to nor do i care to know anymore because:
A. You want to boost a v6 mustang rather than drop in a v8 and boost that instead
B. You want to boost a v6 mustang on STOCK internals
C. You think that buying a turbo setup is cheaper than a supercharger and "better" for your application
D. The first things you want to do to your car are
-cold air intake -without matching exhaust is going to add at the most 5 hp unless you get a tune
-SCT tuner -you want to buy a tuner where the only thing you need to get tuned is the CAI
-Black 5 spoke saleen wheels -you want to put wheels on a stock car? there goes 700$ down the hole
-avic touch screen GPS -New driver? (okay, that was a low blow, sorry :unsure: )
E. After all of those "mods" you want to get a turbo setup that is going to replace that CAI?

You keep saying youve done your homework... but I do it as a hobby. You have antagonized me for no reason and so now Im showing how insane you are. At first all I said was that if you want boost, you might want to get a supercharger, you then attack me by saying I cant read. If you really have a problem with me, take it up outside the thread and stop showing your @$$

"Basically because I don't have a boost controller setup, and it's not as if I hold it constantly at 27. Honestly, it rarely gets above 10."
I know the feeling. I have a MBC on my car, thats why Im not over 15, because even if I turn it up, it wont get any higher and be worth it without yet another tune on a standalone ECU.

This post has been edited by Xakk: 06 October 2009 - 05:06 AM

#38 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CapnStank

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:12 AM

My 1st *REAL* love... complete exhaust and intake done, full stereo overhaul, had $1,000 sitting in my bank and was about to do suspension before it got wrecked:
Posted Image

And its demise:
Posted Image
Posted Image

My current car... stereo only. Not going to be investing in it since I still love the VW:
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Watch out for the guy with the pump, they tend to hit their target."
My BST Feedback: +3/0

#39 User is offline   C0N0R 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:19 AM

I'm just going to leavr now, oh master of the FI universe, I'm going to do whatever I want to my car, if you hve a problem with that, then smoke it for All I care.
brownie points-15

#40 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:22 AM

Internet: srs business!
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#41 User is offline   ~PUMA~ 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:~PUMA~

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:55 PM

Nismo 350Z for me. :P Pretty much pwns face.

#42 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

View PostXakk, on Oct 6 2009, 06:02 AM, said:

"Basically because I don't have a boost controller setup, and it's not as if I hold it constantly at 27. Honestly, it rarely gets above 10."
I know the feeling. I have a MBC on my car, thats why Im not over 15, because even if I turn it up, it wont get any higher and be worth it without yet another tune on a standalone ECU.

I think one of the main reasons I let it go so high is for my own amusement when people ask me about my turbo. I had a kid trying to explain to me that anything above 7psi was extremely dangerous. He was also telling me my wheels stick out too far past my fenders.

<Insert Sig Here>

#43 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:38 AM

ha! psi depends on the engine and the turbo. a Mustang GT, 7psi is getting in the danger zone, but a import like my 3s-gte can hold well into the 20's, its just not efficient past 15 with the turbo I have. Thats why I hate the people who talk cars but know little to nothing about them, at least google something before you say it. lol

I wish I had some extra wide flush wheels, but to me its expensive with only cosmetic gain(unless you get good tires to match!) I think your car looks awesome myself, its very clean. Are you using spacers or wheels with a different offset to get them that flush? did you have to roll your fenders?

#44 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:44 PM

I will be buying a 2010 VW GTI in a couple of months.

#45 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

No spacers, just good offset. No fender roll required.

I'm thinking about some new wheels. I kinda want some VIP Mudular VR06's, but they are rediculously expensive.

Posted Image

<Insert Sig Here>

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users