Special Ops Paintball: Response Trigger or Firestorm Crank - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Response Trigger or Firestorm Crank Or Both? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

View PostLoveMyMagMoreThanYou, on 08 November 2010 - 05:48 PM, said:

At my field, RT isn't allowed but a Firestorm crank is. If your field is semi auto only, a marker with the Firestorm crank is still considered a semi. Sweet spotting your RT is considered full auto.

I don't know why some fields are against response triggers. They'll allow guys to use electric triggers but not response triggers. Why is that?
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#32 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:27 PM

Safety.. theoretically, said field bans full auto of all forms, mechanical or electronic

In theory, if an RT marker were to be set down just wrong, something could hold the trigger in the sweetspot, causing uncontrolled full-auto fire?

Silly? Perhaps. Safer? Yes.
Lo

#33 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:08 PM

View PostBIGBOSS_202, on 08 November 2010 - 09:50 PM, said:

I don't know why some fields are against response triggers. They'll allow guys to use electric triggers but not response triggers. Why is that?

Insurance, like almost all rules in PB. Most Insurance Companies will only cover a field if they follow and enfore the "one shot, one pull" rule. Whereby, for every full pull and release of the trigger, only one ball is fired. RT uses trigger bounce. Which totally goes against one shot one pull. When using an RT you halfway pull back the trigger and let it bounce off your fingers, causing the rapid fire. The trigger is never fully released, instead it just bounces halfway in each direction, mimicking full auto. Very few companies will insure a field that allows full auto of any type. And since insurance is super costly to a PB field already, not many allow full auto or RT, or anything like that. Shooting 15 bps in semi is fine, it is semi, you are thought to have control over your fingers then, if you need to stop you can. Firing 15 bps by just holding down the trigger, that is a no go, though you may have control, some people don't.

I know with RT it only took me all of 12 seconds after getting it to tune it so i could rip out nasty strings with no effort.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users