Special Ops Paintball: Response vs. E Triggera's - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Response vs. E Triggera's Blow'em all to.....

#1 User is offline   Wond3rBread475 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:19 AM

I have a 98 custom pro and want to upgrade the trigger system and it seems like response and e triggers are the way to go. I've never tried either of them so I'd like to know which is better and what are the pros and cons

This post has been edited by Wond3rBread475: 28 May 2008 - 04:20 AM

#2 User is offline   tippmann14 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

id go with the rt. its a fast trigger and can be made very fast through mods. it is not battery powered which is an e trigger con

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

I would say E-grip is faster.

I'd go E-grip. R/T takes getting used to. E-grip gives you multi-modes.

#4 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

e grip with APE noid
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#5 User is offline   ShadowLightning 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ShadowLightning

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:49 PM

If you do use a response trigger, it would hook up to your air supply and your marker would use more air per shot causing you to run out of air faster.

But if you use an e-grip, you would need batteries. I have an e-grip and went through most of the day playing and only had to change batteries once. but on a 98...i believe that you have to take the gun apart to change batteries, or you might just have to remove the grip. ill look that up later and update.

(Insert Witty Saying Here)

"Commander Melander knows no bounds"--Commander Melander---Pre-Game Lobby
"Melander kidds you not Milky. He is like cancer, you will never lose him!"--Commander Melander
....Don't tell me...i misspelled somthing didn't i...

#6 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:12 PM

View PostShadowLightning, on Jun 1 2008, 02:49 PM, said:

If you do use a response trigger, it would hook up to your air supply and your marker would use more air per shot causing you to run out of air faster.

But if you use an e-grip, you would need batteries. I have an e-grip and went through most of the day playing and only had to change batteries once. but on a 98...i believe that you have to take the gun apart to change batteries, or you might just have to remove the grip. ill look that up later and update.

The response trigger operates off excess blowback gas that would normally be wasted. It does not use anymore gas.

#7 User is offline   THE CHAD HAMMER 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:THE CHAD HAMMER

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:15 PM

I would use the R-trigger. Its not electronic, so no problems with wiring and what not, No batteries. But it does eat some gas but at least you don't have to worry about bad wiring or what ever. I just like R-triggers better.

#8 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

View PostShadowLightning, on Jun 1 2008, 05:49 PM, said:

Nope just remove the grip and change battery. I love my egrip. Change modes, rates of fire, and with a fast enough hopper can go really fast. I topped mine out at 26BPS with an upgraded cyclone. 26BPS is way higher than ever needed for a field. Most keep it 20BPS or below.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#9 User is offline   Not as bad as I think I am 

• Pip
  • Brigade Name:.badMofo.

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:06 PM

I have 2 e-triggers ( one on a 98 and one on a a-5 ) and 1 RT ( on a 98 ), and i like them both alot! The e-trigger is nice becuase you can quickly change from full auto to auto-responce ( my personal favorite ) and semi, 3-shot burst, or whatever you like. Even though it takes some 9V's, and in my opinion, if you are using a e-trigger, you should ALWAYS have the tools and batterys to fix it.

I like the RT alot also, its reliable, can be used when POURING RAIN, never having to change batterys or such, low mantaince, and fun to use. I like to have a challange when i play, not just pull the trigger and let the gun do the work. And i have no complaints about air usage, i own 2 98's , one with e-trigger, and one with RT, and the e-triger runs out of air faster, at least for me.

There are some differences, but really its up to the user on what he likes better. I like both :D
Apparently my name is changed, my specops brigade name isn't appropriate for the specops forum... go figure?

#10 User is offline   Cesh 

• nerd-shield dancer
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cesh

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:42 AM

I had this question, too, but then I decided against the E-Grip for a simple reason: reliability.

In the middle of pouring rain, moist summer air or whatever humid environment the E-Grip will stop working if the electronics get wet. The response trigger is just another o-ring to lube once in a while, performing likewise, though it's a tad bit slower, but that's neglectable. 20 BPS will surely float your boat. What I also like about my RT ist the sound - it does change with an RT installed, and it sounds bad butt. Even if price wasn't an option (I spent ~4k US$ (2,5kā‚¬) this months on PB gear...), I'd still prefer the RT, because it's mechanical. No battery means less hassle with your marker in general.

Besides, tinkering with an RT is fun. If you have an adjustable trigger stop like me, you can easily "save" your sweet spot and be blasting away on pseudo full-auto effortlessly.

Also: First post. Hi there. :(

This post has been edited by Cesh: 02 July 2008 - 02:49 AM

Location: Hamburg, Germany Camo Pattern: German Flecktarn Marker: Tippmann A5 Sidearm: 32 Degrees Delta .68 /w Picatinny rails
MilSim: VLTOR stock, Metadyne RIS handguard & M4 magazine, rail covers, flashlight, fake laser system, flip-up front sight, QD sling swivels
Tech-Mods: APE Board E-Grip, 12'' Lapco barrel, APEX tip, Straightline barrel set, squishy paddles, QEV, red power tube, red dot sight
Propellant: HP System /w remote, 68/4500 Backup Propellant: HP System, 48/3000

#11 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:10 AM

View PostCesh, on Jul 2 2008, 05:42 AM, said:

Besides, tinkering with an RT is fun. If you have an adjustable trigger stop like me, you can easily "save" your sweet spot and be blasting away on pseudo full-auto effortlessly.

That also makes it illegal at most fields. You cannot do that. Or i should say you shouldn't do that. Setting a trigger stop so everytime you pull the trigger you kick in the RT is a bad idea. Not only can you now not chrono right (hard to chrono a burst), but anytime you touch the trigger you will be using the RT. You need to have the option to one ball, you should never always be using the RT.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#12 User is offline   Cesh 

• nerd-shield dancer
  • PipPip

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:27 AM

View PostLegato, on Jul 2 2008, 03:10 AM, said:

That also makes it illegal at most fields. You cannot do that. Or i should say you shouldn't do that. Setting a trigger stop so everytime you pull the trigger you kick in the RT is a bad idea. Not only can you now not chrono right (hard to chrono a burst), but anytime you touch the trigger you will be using the RT. You need to have the option to one ball, you should never always be using the RT.
Seems like I haven't lined out the specifications clear enough.
While I am fully aware that this turns the RT into a full-auto mod, it isn't all the time. The screw is field-adjustable, and it can be set to no influence at all, so it won't "save" any sweet spot, be it a burst or a full-auto mode. I will only do so on fields where I am allowed to, where this is not the case, I remove the stopping screw completely (read: I put it away in my gear bag), eliminating the full-auto capability entirely. It's an option, not an always-on feature.

Location: Hamburg, Germany Camo Pattern: German Flecktarn Marker: Tippmann A5 Sidearm: 32 Degrees Delta .68 /w Picatinny rails
MilSim: VLTOR stock, Metadyne RIS handguard & M4 magazine, rail covers, flashlight, fake laser system, flip-up front sight, QD sling swivels
Tech-Mods: APE Board E-Grip, 12'' Lapco barrel, APEX tip, Straightline barrel set, squishy paddles, QEV, red power tube, red dot sight

#13 User is offline   Sniper Hunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SNIPER HUNTERS

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

RT, I have one with a Cyclone feed, I'm shooting close to 30bps. It also has an awsome machine gun feel. But RT's work best with CO2
The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese.

#14 User is offline   Cesh 

• nerd-shield dancer
  • PipPip

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

View PostSniper Hunter, on Jul 2 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

But RT's work best with CO2

I beg to differ until you deliver proof.

CO2 attacks tha already quite sensitive O-Rings of the RT, delivers inconsistent pressure and freezes your marker, especially with high ROFs.
I cannot see even the slightest advantage in that. Care to enlighten me?

#15 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:03 AM

most people who believe that were using co2 with their rt, then switched to Hpa, but never returned it. So when they fired it didn't work right. You need to retune the RT for use with HPA. Start with it closed, then work the screw out til the sweet spot is right. With co2 i could try to empty my hopper, but even with a PPS stab i'd get shootdown and it would start dropping off very fast. With hpa i could empty my hopper in one long string, no shoot down, no drops, no nothing.

So no, co2 is not better with RT, HPA is. You just need to retune it to get it working right. Two different settings, one for co2, one for HPA.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users