Special Ops Paintball: Most over rated and under rated [gear] - Special Ops Paintball

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Most over rated and under rated [gear] Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

i would have to say that tippmann is UNDER rated. yes, under rated. i see so much of this idea that "everyone says tippmanns pwn all, and a stock 98c could easily out shoot my blazer". guess what? everyone wants to be the one NOT to be on that bandwagon, so they in adversely join the anti-bandwagon bandwagon! sorry to say, but VERY few people go around saying tippmann owns all. come on, use your heads people. lets get some facts straightened out:

tippmanns are durable

tippmanns are cheap

tippmanns are easily modded into VERY decent markers, that will be able to perform as the user wants it to

tippmanns are popular

tippmanns do not own all

tippmanns own SOME, and if modded, many. then again, it also depends on the player

very few people say that tippmanns own all

get it? why is it so hard to realize that over half of the people on this forum consider themselves part of this "1337 2% that thinks outside the box and is new and outgoing in ideas" of course, most of the people in that group are bandwagon jumpers anyway, so it might just take a little reason to make them jump onto the next one.

ok, more under rated stuff:

vintage guns. i have a couple, and for the price, VERY nice stuff.

spec ops positions IN CONTEXT OF A TEAM. those who say positions dont work probably havent seen my team. they dont work as individuals, but it works great as a team.

radio com is very under rated, thanks tree fitty. ;)

dye is also over rated, because its a proto with a bigger better price tag and a touch up here and there. just get the proto, put a couple mods in it, and call it a dye with the other half of your wallet intact B)

also, i hear alot of bad raps about the q-loader. i have one. it exceeds any media hype that anyone can dish out.

camo doenst work, btw. thats why our troops never use it and wear colorful jerseys :P

ok, ill post more crimes against our sport later, im sure you all are waiting with baited breath :P

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#62 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

View Postllama_rider, on Jun 28 2007, 07:05 PM, said:

alot of this thread is just people saying whatever is better than what they have is overrated.

overrated:
dm7
freak kit
sly barrels
big companies(tippman,dye,SP,PE)
underwear :dodgy:

underrated
legends
events
markus nielsen.
halos

Halos????

Every one has halos, but a Vloctiy with a chip is cheaper, and better than a halo, and are smaller

Fv2
Hello everybody. Im back.

#63 User is offline   The Judge 

• Deranged Bystander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 Assassin

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:17 PM

They call it the Ego for a reason, which explains why people pay so much. :dodgy:

I think anything by Dye or Redz is, by definition, overrated. The only exception being Proto's stuff made by Dye. Everyone thinks its so cool to get the newest Dye C-whatevers, paying $200 for the full set. But you already covered that, Gwac.

The most underrated thing, in my opinion, is CO2. I own a HPA and several CO2 tanks, and there are a lot of times when i actually prefer to use my CO2 tank. People ask me why when the see me running a 9 oz., and I hand them my gun awaiting their exclamation of "Whoa, that's light. Did you forget to fill your hopper or something?!" HPA is great if you have a fast gun with a solenoid, one of which I DO own. But CO2 gives me the same performance, so I use it when I can.

Ions - It takes another $300 to make them good. For the same price I'd have bought a Borg.

First of all, define "good." If a gun shoots straight, feels good, and works consistently, I'd say it's good. The Ion does all 3, like any reasonably good quality gun. Secondly, how did you arrive at $300 in "necessary" upgrades? Can you break that down a bit?

Not a flame, sorry if it sounds confrontory. Healthy debate B).

This post has been edited by The Judge: 28 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

TAW Paintball: The best Scenario ball in the west! / Join Pumpers of America

The Sabre isn't "slashing and stabbing" so much as perpetually poking the enemy until they make a mistake. - Flakk

Sling mud and argue for my entertainment

#64 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:20 PM

View PostThe Judge, on Jun 28 2007, 07:17 PM, said:

They call it the Ego for a reason, which explains why people pay so much. :dodgy:

I think anything by Dye or Redz is, by definition, overrated. The only exception being Proto's stuff made by Dye. Everyone thinks its so cool to get the newest Dye C-whatevers, paying $200 for the full set. But you already covered that, Gwac.

The most underrated thing, in my opinion, is CO2. I own a HPA and several CO2 tanks, and there are a lot of times when i actually prefer to use my CO2 tank. People ask me why when the see me running a 9 oz., and I hand them my gun awaiting their exclamation of "Whoa, that's light. Did you forget to fill your hopper or something?!" HPA is great if you have a fast gun with a solenoid, one of which I DO own. But CO2 gives me the same performance, so I use it when I can.

CFW FTW

Fv2

#65 User is offline   llama_rider 

• all aboard the short bus!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

View PostJK, on Jun 28 2007, 04:11 PM, said:

alot of this thread is just people saying whatever is better than what they have is overrated.

overrated:
dm7
freak kit
sly barrels

underrated
legends
events
markus nielsen.
halos

Halos????

Every one has halos, but a Vloctiy with a chip is cheaper, and better than a halo, and are smaller

Fv2

just because everyone has it doesnt mean it is overrated.many people on here have mentioned ions being underrated. Everyone has or has had an ion. and around here, there are less than 8 people who have halos. everyone has a vlocity or pulse. halos have fairly poor resale when compared to vlocitys and pulses but can still compete easily. I have a pulse and a vlocity(well it is being held hostage here atleast) and considering when halos came out and the widespread use still today I dont see why the demand is so low.
"Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."-Sun Tzu

Vanilla Coke is back from the DEAD!!!!!!!! ♥

Stay Updated on Jim(from APE)'s Cancer

#66 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:27 PM

Overrated-Gwac, :P LOL.

underrated-Puz. :dodgy:
no seriously, i just think anything faster than 15bps is overrated, sure its cool, but is it art?

and pretty much any old mech(non tippmann) is under-rated

that sums it up..pumps do cover both, mainly due to the types....for example, phantoms vs trracer/mavericks....theyre both good pumps, but its almost always the phantom thats overrated (altho it is pretty close to being what it is lol) whereas the maverick, in its simple black, with hopper and 3.5 is almost always not looked at until the player starts using them...and then theres the guys with like 4+ pumps and 0 semis...
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#67 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:27 PM

View Postllama_rider, on Jun 28 2007, 08:17 PM, said:

View PostJK, on Jun 28 2007, 04:11 PM, said:

overrated:
dm7
freak kit
sly barrels

underrated
legends
events
markus nielsen.
halos

Halos????

Fv2

just because everyone has it doesnt mean it is overrated.many people on here have mentioned ions being underrated. Everyone has or has had an ion. and around here, there are less than 8 people who have halos. everyone has a vlocity or pulse. halos have fairly poor resale when compared to vlocitys and pulses but can still compete easily. I have a pulse and a vlocity(well it is being held hostage here atleast) and considering when halos came out and the widespread use still today I dont see why the demand is so low.

But Vlocity Jrs can feed much faster if you get it programed right, and are much smaller, and are lighter.

Fv2

#68 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:34 PM

I think that the freak kit is hated because its sp while there actually reall good.

Underrated-
Vandetta Stuff
Legends (non hk crowd dont own them)
Fusions
Evil Soft Clothes
Hostile Kids (so much hate but has anyone ever really hung with an actual hk player/supporter)

Overrated-
Cleats made by pb companies
Ul Barrels-there not that nice
Stiffis-again nice but waay overrated
CP tanks (dxs are as good and cheeper)
C series of dye stuff
Phantoms :dodgy:

Peace,
UWANNAGO

#69 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

overrated:
-Dye
-SP
-Egos

underrated:
-ICD
-Borgs
-Empire (especially barrel wise)
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#70 User is offline   Mr. Nubby 

• Fear my juice box slamming skills.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mr. Nubby

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:42 PM

THE MENACE: I feel ya dawg, I feel ya :)
Some people do the same for Spec Ops sometimes...

-Overrated-
Angels(by many newbies/noobs)
Scopes
"All-natural" anything

-Underrated-
Kilts
Pumps
Pistols
Brass Eagle
Tippmanns(by the stereotypical speedballers and rich folk)
Who put my stapler in Jell-O?

Tyger's vids! The Whiteboard!

#71 User is offline   SkullGrrl 

• Kraken Skulls, the Paintball Goddess
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SkullGrrl

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:43 PM

How about the PMI US-5? Their version of the A-5 is not only cheaper, but made of better-quality aluminum, molded instead of cast.
I've NEVER had problems with paint in that gun (helps using the Edge barrel kit) and it's been reliable through falls, replaced springs, rough use and newbies.
I lurve it.

It troubles not the wolf how many the sheep may be. - Virgil
TEAM WOLFGUARD

#72 User is offline   Gwac 

• Child proof caps have ruined my Happiness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

View PostUWANNAGO, on Jun 28 2007, 05:34 PM, said:

I think that the freak kit is hated because its sp while there actually reall good.

Underrated-
Vandetta Stuff
Legends (non hk crowd dont own them)
Fusions
Evil Soft Clothes
Hostile Kids (so much hate but has anyone ever really hung with an actual hk player/supporter)

Overrated-
Cleats made by pb companies
Ul Barrels-there not that nice
Stiffis-again nice but waay overrated
CP tanks (dxs are as good and cheeper)
C series of dye stuff
Phantoms :)

Peace,
UWANNAGO

Some of the hate to them came from when they started out.
(this was from a pbn member who was from the very beginning who commented on them(summarized)).
For 400 dollars you would get an hk eye mod, and super slick ram mod(nobody knew what it did), and they could turn you down just because they felt like it. If you weren't in the group you may not of got it and people offered ample money for it "Is my 400 dollars not as good as his?".

#73 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

View Postcommander mike, on Jun 28 2007, 04:37 PM, said:

overrated:
-Dye
-SP
-Egos

underrated:
-ICD
-Borgs
-Empire (especially barrel wise)

indeed i love my empire barrel kit , and is the promaster really good
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#74 User is offline   THE MENACE 

• /\ jewish rambo
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE MENACE

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:01 PM

mr nubby- there's someone who agrees with me :D but you are right, brass eagle may be the cheapest gun on earth, but the quality on -SOME- of their products isnt half bad.

i also have an empire barrel kit, and its AWSOME. it really is just as nice as half the other barrel kits out there. and its only $50 new :dodgy:

-THE MENACE

I'm a gun totin' scripture quotin' truck lovin' war shovin' meat eatin' liberal beatin' CONSERVATIVE!
feedback (+26/-0)---Team Chaotic Paintball is recruiting!!!---Team Chaotic Paintball.com---IMPORTANT INFO

#75 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:58 AM

This is going back an forth. :wacko:

Well for my list

Overrated:

...Well, do you mean hype by company, or by players? Really though, the companies are trying to sell a product, the least you can do is not antagonize them for it.

If company-

Dye
Smart Parts
Special Ops (Great marketing strategy guys!)

If Player- Although most of the stuff is good, it isn't the greatest gear on the planet. Each player must decide his own gear, and he may not like it when he gets a Tac-One and then dosen't really like it, then gets angry that some people conviced him that it was the godsend of all paintball (not blaming those people), when his Tippmann (Yes Tippmann) was just as good, if not better in the "what feels good for you department". Then he relegates the Tac to the back of the closet to where it sits this very day.

PPS stuff
Pump markers
Automags

Underrated:

NXe
Proto
Barrel Kits
Tippmann A-5 air through stock kit
Underhand foregrips
Mag kits
Patches
Speedball (it's chess with guns!)