• You cannot reply to this topic

Launcher Valve Help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• Stealin a pcinic baskets
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SNIPADUDE99

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

I need some help building my launcher, How would I make it fire using a trigger system, primarly a tippmann gripframe. It needs to be like this for a game I will be playing called Tippmann World Challenge, which I do believe only allows tippmann markers, and if it has a tippmann trigger, it will be considerd ones. I just want it to be trigger fired system anyways. Let me know what you got. Thanks alot guys
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#2 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

View PostSNIPADUDE99, on Dec 19 2007, 03:21 PM, said:

I need some help building my launcher, How would I make it fire using a trigger system, primarly a tippmann gripframe. It needs to be like this for a game I will be playing called Tippmann World Challenge, which I do believe only allows tippmann markers, and if it has a tippmann trigger, it will be considerd ones. I just want it to be trigger fired system anyways. Let me know what you got. Thanks alot guys

Is it going to be a basic low pressure (about 100PSI) launcher? If so, just make the trigger into a contact switch. Pulling on the trigger closes the circuit. The electricity opens the sprinkler valve firing the launcher. Its easy to make and simple.

#3 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:45 PM

Some detailed instructions would be nice. What about a valve at higher pressures.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#4 User is offline   grumpy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gadgit

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:17 PM

some people use a sprinkler valve rated for 150 psi with three nine volt batteries and a momentary switch, still others use a sprinkler valve and mod it to fire faster and more effecient with a blow gun either one can easily be hidden inside a gripframe. and regardless of what frame you use it will still be considered a launcher. the game you are talking, about all that matters is what marker you use, not the launcher. to put either switch in a gripframe simply hollow it out , drill the apropiate hole, install triggering device and use clamps to mount frame to the laucher.
see if this helps you any, http://www.corin.com...ball/aircannon/

This post has been edited by grumpy: 21 December 2007 - 02:13 PM

Book of Armaments (Chapter 2, verses 9-21)
...And Saint Attila raised the sprinkler valve up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy sprinkler valve that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou remove thy solenoid and epoxy the pilot hole, then remove the guide rod, then thread your pilot valve directly to the body of thy sprinkler, lest thou increase thy pilot volume by a single iota, then lobbest thou thy nerfs towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall procedeth to the gates of reinsertion."

#5 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

View PostSNIPADUDE99, on Dec 20 2007, 02:45 PM, said:

Some detailed instructions would be nice. What about a valve at higher pressures.

Simple picture:

Posted Image

For higher pressures you would need to make the launcher out of steel not PVC. High pressure launchers are usually around 800PSI. With a PVC launcher, 100PSI is the maximum recommended. With the high pressure launchers, ball valves need to be used. To use a trigger frame with a ball valve, its a little more complex but basically you need a spring loaded valve and when the trigger is pulled, the latch holding the valve closed is released and the valve opens.

#6 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:14 PM

View PostOrpackrat, on Dec 21 2007, 03:27 PM, said:

View PostSNIPADUDE99, on Dec 20 2007, 02:45 PM, said:

Simple picture:

Posted Image

For higher pressures you would need to make the launcher out of steel not PVC. High pressure launchers are usually around 800PSI. With a PVC launcher, 100PSI is the maximum recommended. With the high pressure launchers, ball valves need to be used. To use a trigger frame with a ball valve, its a little more complex but basically you need a spring loaded valve and when the trigger is pulled, the latch holding the valve closed is released and the valve opens.

Thanks everybody, I'll look into the spring powered ball valve. Can you draw up a quick diagram if you guy s have time, thanks alot.

#7 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

Any Help with this spring powered ball valve.

#8 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:17 PM

It can be built many different ways but basically:

The ball valve handle has a small pin locking it open

Attached to the end of the handle of the ball valve and a firm mount, a spring is stretched between

Attached to the trigger and handle locking pin is a string or line

When the trigger is pulled, the pin is pulled out releasing the valve handle, and the spring opens the valve.

#9 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• PipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:37 AM

If you dont mind can you make a fast drawing. Thanks alot Orpackrat.

#10 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:47 AM

I hope I am not bursting your bubble here, but are you referring to the Tippmann World Challenge at Hell Survivors Inc in Pinckney, MI?

If so, you will only be able to fire grenades out of said launcher at a 45* angle or greater. Nerf rockets are not allowed to be fired at this field (except for the Day of the Rangers Scenario game and SPPL, but that has totally different rules). The launcher will also have to be inspected by Shawn, the head ref, and will need a minimum of a 115psi blow off valve, exhauste valve and a pressure gauge.

You will also want to run by Dave, the owner, if infact it would qualify for the Tippmann team. I heard one guy took a 98 body, hollowed it out or something, and put an ion or ion internals in it and tried to use it on the tippmann team but wasnt allowed. However I only heard this through word of mouth, so it may not be true.

Best place to check on all this would be at www.hellsurvivors.com and click on the forum

#11 User is offline   paintball valley 

• Nazi Mods 4TL
  • PipPip

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:09 AM

I strongly suggest a pnuematically actuated sprinkler valve for all handheld launchers.

for your best design refferences search for Antenna Launchers & Spud Guns

or just read these links...

my personal favorite design

Some other guys design

hope those help.

OK so you need it to be a tippman... how about actuating the sprinkler valve with the valve and hammer from a tippman? Sure it can be done but is it worth the time & effort, and will that actually be considered a tippman ?

This post has been edited by paintball valley: 27 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

If you can't hit him in 3 shots... You are probably in the way of someone who can... MOVE!!!
If Nikola Tesla had invented a paintball marker it would have been an electro-pnuematic.
"Every facet, every department of your mind needs to be programed by you, and unless you accept your rightful responsibility and begin to program your own mind; the world will program it for you." - Evil Nine: "Cake Hole" (possibly sampled from Timothy Leary)

...Fat chicks need love too, but they gotta pay. - Glen Quagmire

#12 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• PipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

View PostChaos, on Dec 27 2007, 12:47 PM, said:

I hope I am not bursting your bubble here, but are you referring to the Tippmann World Challenge at Hell Survivors Inc in Pinckney, MI?

If so, you will only be able to fire grenades out of said launcher at a 45* angle or greater. Nerf rockets are not allowed to be fired at this field (except for the Day of the Rangers Scenario game and SPPL, but that has totally different rules). The launcher will also have to be inspected by Shawn, the head ref, and will need a minimum of a 115psi blow off valve, exhauste valve and a pressure gauge.

You will also want to run by Dave, the owner, if infact it would qualify for the Tippmann team. I heard one guy took a 98 body, hollowed it out or something, and put an ion or ion internals in it and tried to use it on the tippmann team but wasnt allowed. However I only heard this through word of mouth, so it may not be true.

Best place to check on all this would be at www.hellsurvivors.com and click on the forum

I didn't know about the 45 degree angle thing, that sucks. I'm still building one for ranger though.

#13 User is offline   Ambulance 

• the monster under your bed
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Duct Tape

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

^^^^ GSRP rules say that is for mortars ONLY. laws are required to shoot at 230FPS where as mortars dont have a restriction of FPS but they cannot shoot below 45 degrees

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users