Special Ops Paintball: Equipment, equipment... - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Equipment, equipment... What equipment should a newbie who wants to be a heavy rifleman get? Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

View PostT-Freak, on May 26 2009, 09:28 AM, said:

View PostPuzuma, on May 25 2009, 10:47 PM, said:

View PostEskimo, on May 25 2009, 10:52 PM, said:

clicky pen mod: hasnt been mentioned. but in short. homemad modifycation that roughly 75% of tippmann users are aware of. the other 15% are becoming aware.

Um... What about the remaining 10%?

you ate them

this is what happens when you don't carry the one...
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#32 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

Really, replacing the trigger spring with a pen spring does little to reduce the pull. The majority of the pull comes from the static friction between the sear and hammer, and also the sear spring. Replacing the sear spring with a pen spring is not a good idea. It will reduce the pull further but the sear will fail to catch on the hammer reliably, making the gun cycle uncontrollably. There really isn't a way to reduce the trigger to be walkable short of an E-grip, which I don't recommend because it's a waste of money. It may be easier to fan it though. Money spent on an E-grip could be spent on an electropneumatic or electro spool, like the SLG. If you don't mind replacing your sear and/or hammer after a while TechT makes a set of trigger assembly pins that have a larger OD making the sear sit lower on the hammer and reducing the area of sear-hammer contact. This can make the trigger pull very short, but will also wear these parts faster. If you plan on doing any trigger upgrades, a Fang trigger is not a bad idea because it has pre travel, post travel and microswitch activation set screws. These allow you to have a shorter pull with less overtravel.

And uh, if you can't do 100-75 in your head in 1 second, I pity you, fool.

This post has been edited by slowerpig81: 27 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

#33 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

It sounds like what you have right now is about right. I would look into a remote line, mabey a vest, a response trigger is nice too.

Dont think that you have to play that position all the time though, I remember my first time, I camped at the back of the field and an opposing player walked by and I shot him in the back without him even knowing where I was and instantly gave myslelf the title of Sniper. B)

What Im saying is that just because you have a marker that plays the part doesn't mean you have to.

~~Shockwave~~ :unsure:
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users