Special Ops Paintball: Help!! My fps is 390 with my velocity screw all the way in! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help!! My fps is 390 with my velocity screw all the way in! I just got a 90/4500 for my A-5 and I can't dial it in Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Tommy Towne_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:05 AM

Ok so I have a 90/4500 HPA tank for my A-5. I have the internals from a LPK (I do not have the expansion chamber from the LPK attached) and a 16" .685 CP barrel. I screwed the velocity screw all the way in and it is still very very hot. Should I run a regulator? I took off my palmers when I made the conversion to hpa because the guy at the paintball shop said I didn't need it because the HPA tank had a built in regulator.
Any advice?

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:30 AM

Your problem is you are using the internals from the LP kit with HP. Not what they are designed for. Put the stock internals back in or just use a reg and run LP.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:43 AM

i recommend a vertical reg ... the built in reg on the hpa tank just means that it is being controlled at 850 psi. even if you put in the stock internals, it may help, but i wouldnt trust that little throttle screw on the side of the A5 to control it consistently, or reliabilty ... i think your fps will be failry erratic

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:23 AM

The lpk bolt is meant to run on lower pressure when using the stock spring. For this setup you'll need a new rear spring. However IMO it's better to stay stock.

#5 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

There are a few things you can do.

1 Replace internals with stock internals

2 Put in a weaker main spring

3 Put you Palmer's back on.

4 get a LP regulator for the tank.

My recommendation is to put the Palmer's reg back on, especially if it is a male stabilizer.

#6 Guest_Tommy Towne_*

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:33 PM

All of your above advice is contrary to the guy at the paintball store. The LPK internals are just lightened. There are plenty of people with lightened internals running high pressure. Have any of you telling me to put in the stock parts ever had LPK internals? They are awesome. I would actually rather go back to Co2 then put in my stock internals.
I will post in an A-5 forum and maybe get some advice from A-5 users with lightened internals.

I am tempted to put my palmers back on. I agree with the velocity screw being a crappy regulator.

#7 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:10 AM

Yeah i did have an LPK before on my A5, bought it when it first came out. FOund out it wasn't as useful as i thought it would be, still starved my cyclone, so i had to take it off
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#8 User is offline   US_Army_Guy 

• Elite
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:US_Army_Guy

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

the reason your shooting hot is because your not using a secondary reg (your palmers) with your LPK internals. The function of the LPK is to run your A5 at much lower pressures then you would at stock. The internals themselves lets you A5 operate at lower pressures. The expansion chamber makes sure your A5 has enough air and you don't "starve" your marker. And finally the regulator allows you to actually lower the operating pressure to a safe FPS and give you a more consistent shot. I would put the expansion chamber and palmers reg on and use them with the LPK internals like they were ment to be. If you were to use a LP tank instead of your HP, you wouldn't need the palmers (which brings HP air down to LP) since you would already have LP air coming into your A5.

Now personnally, I doubt the guy at your paintball shop doesn't know squat about tippmanns, Regardless if your running Co2 or HPA, its always better to run a secondary reg like a palmers. You NEED a secondary reg to run a Tippmann LPK. A stock tippmann need around 850psi to operate, with a LPK that drops to about 450psi. Now I ask what you are going to use to drop the incoming air from your HP tank 400psi, sure as hell isn't going to be your velocity screw. Thats where your secondary reg comes in. Its the only thing thats gonna be able to bring down your input pressure that much.

Yes there are ways of using weaker drive springs, different weight sear springs etc. and not use a reg but its a pain in the ass to everything balanced out and working right. Easiest way is to run the LPK the way its meant to be run or revert back to stock. Either way keep using the palmers reg.

#9 Guest_Tommy Towne_*

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:48 AM

View PostUS_Army_Guy, on Jun 15 2010, 08:00 PM, said:

the reason your shooting hot is because your not using a secondary reg (your palmers) with your LPK internals. The function of the LPK is to run your A5 at much lower pressures then you would at stock. The internals themselves lets you A5 operate at lower pressures. The expansion chamber makes sure your A5 has enough air and you don't "starve" your marker. And finally the regulator allows you to actually lower the operating pressure to a safe FPS and give you a more consistent shot. I would put the expansion chamber and palmers reg on and use them with the LPK internals like they were ment to be. If you were to use a LP tank instead of your HP, you wouldn't need the palmers (which brings HP air down to LP) since you would already have LP air coming into your A5.

Now personnally, I doubt the guy at your paintball shop doesn't know squat about tippmanns, Regardless if your running Co2 or HPA, its always better to run a secondary reg like a palmers. You NEED a secondary reg to run a Tippmann LPK. A stock tippmann need around 850psi to operate, with a LPK that drops to about 450psi. Now I ask what you are going to use to drop the incoming air from your HP tank 400psi, sure as hell isn't going to be your velocity screw. Thats where your secondary reg comes in. Its the only thing thats gonna be able to bring down your input pressure that much.

Yes there are ways of using weaker drive springs, different weight sear springs etc. and not use a reg but its a pain in the ass to everything balanced out and working right. Easiest way is to run the LPK the way its meant to be run or revert back to stock. Either way keep using the palmers reg.

I am not running the lpk just half of it. I'm only using the internals. Ok I'm going to hook my palmers back up and regulate from there.

#10 User is offline   US_Army_Guy 

• Elite
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

putting the palmers reg back on will get your FPS down to a save level but unless you use the expansion chamber as well, expect to get a lot of shoot down.

#11 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

View PostUS_Army_Guy, on Jun 16 2010, 07:14 PM, said:

putting the palmers reg back on will get your FPS down to a save level but unless you use the expansion volume chamber as well, expect to get a lot of shoot down.

Most expansion chambers are baffled restricting flow for HPA applications.

But agreed you need a controllable way to lower the pressure and a method to keep a larger volume of air ready for the valve to use. Or you'll probably experience shoot down or re cocking issues during fast bursts. (Which is what the supplied external parts of the LPK are for).

This post has been edited by Maj Tom: 16 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

#12 User is offline   US_Army_Guy 

• Elite
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

dough....don't know why I was thinking expansion chamber.....

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users