Special Ops Paintball: Need help deciding what Blackcell Ion to buy - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need help deciding what Blackcell Ion to buy Someone who knows a lot bout q-bow and longbow Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

Ive decided to buy an Ion for speedball play and one of the Blackcell mods. Im thinking about buying both setups eventually but I need to find out which one would be worth buying. Im thinking of buying the Longbow set and then buying the 500rd Q-Package the mounting bracket and a 90 degrees elbowfeed that Q-loader sells. I was wondering if this was all I needed to make my own Q-Bow. i beleive all the other parts are included with the Longbow set. Can you guys let me know if I this little shortcut will work for me??
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

I'll start by saying that I own an ion longbow.(I love it)

That said, you dont even need the 90* elbow. If you leave the longbow receiver on there, all you have to do is take out the magazine, and put the tube from the Qloader in there. As long as it has a couple of the thick black O rings that go with the tube, it should stay in place. You'll also want a better barrel than the stock ion barrel( barrel kit, j&j, stiffi, SP all-american, spec ops C-series, deadly wind barrels...) You will need the blackcell Qloader mounting bracket like you said.

the 500 round kit might be a little much, depening on how much paint you plan to shoot in a game, but thats up to you.

For the regular longbow setup, I'd suggest at least 2 extra mags, and maybe a few 10 round tubes.

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:15 AM

You would need:
Ion
Tactical body - e.g. Blackcell body, or an alternate top railed body such as Deadlywind.
With alternates the rails may need adjusting due to position, (DT12 needed filing down to align feed)
the Longbow receiver and magazine(s)

If you want to Speedball with the Blackcell body, to replace a hopper you will need to file the rails or have a long reach feedneck to screw back in.
With the Deadlywind it screws into the body so is not a problem

To make a QBow from the Longbow you need:
A QLoader kit
A QBow adaptor to fit into the Longbow receiver
QBow mount

Note: If you use the SpecOps QBow mount you can leave the mount block attached to the marker when not in Q mode. If you use the QLoader mount block it has to be removed or it will fall off.

The QLoader 90 degree feed is totally different to the Longbow/QBow. If you just want a QLoader on your marker it is a cheaper method. It can also be cheaper than both Longbow and QBow setups. To change from Longbow to 90 degree you would have to remove the Longbow receiver. The 90 degree feed might not fit on a Blackcell body, but may fit with removing some of the rails. (The feed has to go through the Blackcell and be screwed into the Ions firing can, with a Deadlywind it screws into the Deadlywind body)

It could be possible to put a QLoader hose to the Longbow receiver, but you should have the QBow adaptor to fit the hose.

Choice comparison on Longbow / QBow:
Longbow = straight springfed tube magazine - very little to go wrong, but low capacity. You can carry extra magazines or tubes and have a lighter and compact marker.

QBow = Spiral springfed pod magazine - more complex and can go wrong. Don't dismantle it as soon as it is received. If anyone tells you to adjust the spring on receipt they are giving very old (V1) advice. Read the instructions carefully and practice.
Very fast feed rate. Capacity at 100 rounds is considered low by many people. But compare 100 to an electric hopper which may only hold 140, then the majority of us do not reload hoppers when they are empty, so 100 is likely to be the point many of us reload.

Speedball = No reason why you can't use the QLoader in speedball, but if you are going to discard your pods in game there is the likely risk of clogging up he mechanism wiht dirt etc, (let alone pod thiefs). Depending on your play style you may prefer a hoppper in speedball.
If you do speedball with QLoader make sure you are confident in yourself as a player - you will be singled out as the Q player, and are likely to get commented on. But beat them and you get the last laugh.

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 12 March 2009 - 12:37 AM

#4 User is offline   edtoro 

• Street Ghost Urban Camo User.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsDrake

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

see what im getting at is buying the Ion with the Q-bow kit for speedball play and for Sabre play in the woods and eventually buying the Longbow mags to convert to a full fledged sniper. What I shouldve asked is what are the items I need to get an Ion with the Full Q-Bow kit on to accept the Longbow magazines. ANy other advice that isnt procedures on how to do the conversion would be apreciated, but unnecessary. And once again, what I wanna do is convert my soon 2 be Q-bow to a Longbow without having to buy both kits.
Posted Image

Official Saber Recognition Group:#796
Furthermore - if you are "deuce-ing" during a game, you have more things to worry about than camo kneepads. - ger
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

#5 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

With a full QBow all you then need is a Longbow magazine.

Remove the QBow adaptor and slot in the Longbow magazine.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users