• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

First mask painting job Fusion camo goodness Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Warwitch 

• Unconventional
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

Well my wife was tired of getting thumpers so I bought her a JT Flex 8 full coverage mask. I was kind of disappointed in the camo pattern from the factory so I decided to pimp it out for her. The job was done using Krylon's ultra-flat Fusion camo from a rattle can. I used green, soft release Frog tape and an exacto knife for masking the vents and lens. First I prep'd all surfaces with a good 220 grit scuffing, soap and water wash and alcohol wipe. NOTE: dont use rubbing alcohol for prep work. Most have lubricants in them and will not help paint adhesion. Then I masked off the lens, straps and entire inside of the maks. I felt it was easier than removing everything as Im fairly handy with tape and razor. Next I sprayed the reverse fading on the vents. Then I masked them off and painted the main areas. The masking was by far the most tedious and difficult part. The Flex 8 has some very deep, sharp corners for masking tape. Lastly I tried to break up that "Oh so obvious" lens profile by making the top half olive and the bottom tan. Overall Im happy with the results. I really like the Fusion camo paint. It goes on good, dries really flat and seems to be pretty tough. We will have to see how it holds up during play.

Anyways, on to the pics! C&C welcome, please.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ill definitely be doing another one of these in a different fashion soon. Something a little more theatrical though I think. :happy:

This post has been edited by Warwitch: 18 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

When "pretty good" just isn't good enough...

#2 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

nice. i want one now, but i can't afford it :happy:
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#3 User is offline   Warwitch 

• Unconventional
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

View Postbetasniper, on Jan 18 2009, 05:09 PM, said:

nice. i want one now, but i can't afford it :happy:

ActionVillage has them on sale for $49: http://www.actionvil...om/020-134-0024
When "pretty good" just isn't good enough...

#4 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

nice!

the only comment i could think of is to break up the lower area a bit. that tan color can stick out a bit more than the green. lay some grass/twigs/leaves over it and give a dusting of another color or two.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users