• You cannot reply to this topic

Help with a E-99 Avant. Just read it... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• Nos Mos Nunquam Intereo
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Death Envoy

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

I recently received, for free, an E-99 Avant. The downside to that is that it doesn't quite perform on par. Here are the problems, hopefully you can help me.

PROBLEM 1: The board has 3 modes, Semi-Auto, 3-Round Burst and Fully Automatic. No matter weather the battery is new or not, the "low battery" indicator is always on. When I fire in any mode, the board shuts off for a split second, and then turns back on. When it comes back on, it goes back to semi-auto. I don't think this problem is repairable, but just in case, you guys may know.
If not, where can I buy a cheap generic board for it? I only need semi-auto.

PROBLEM 2: Even with the velocity turned all the way up, it will only shoot about 210-220fps. No o-rings are broken, and every part looks fine. I keep it oiled and clean, spotless even. Like all my markers. No leaks either, everything is air-tight. Any help?

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   TheEnd 

• I am the who when you call "Who's there?"
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheFear07

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

View PostDeath Envoy, on Jul 1 2009, 05:42 PM, said:

I recently received, for free, an E-99 Avant. The downside to that is that it doesn't quite perform on par. Here are the problems, hopefully you can help me.

PROBLEM 1: The board has 3 modes, Semi-Auto, 3-Round Burst and Fully Automatic. No matter weather the battery is new or not, the "low battery" indicator is always on. When I fire in any mode, the board shuts off for a split second, and then turns back on. When it comes back on, it goes back to semi-auto. I don't think this problem is repairable, but just in case, you guys may know.
If not, where can I buy a cheap generic board for it? I only need semi-auto.

PROBLEM 2: Even with the velocity turned all the way up, it will only shoot about 210-220fps. No o-rings are broken, and every part looks fine. I keep it oiled and clean, spotless even. Like all my markers. No leaks either, everything is air-tight. Any help?

Thanks.

Yeah, you probably need a new board. Or you could just replace it with a mechanical frame.

Your spring might need replacing, but I'm not really a spyder expert.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.- Emo Philips
I don't drink these days. I'm allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs. Robert Downey Junior
Now and then I announce "I know you're listening to empty rooms". If I'm wrong then no one knows, and if I'm right, Maybe I just freaked the hell out of some secret organization.

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

If you can't shoot above 210 and the rear adjuster is out then the rear spring is fatigued. Time for a new spring. Or your missing a metal disc in the back. See owner's manual.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 04 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

#4 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:32 PM

You got a 9.6 volt battery in it? Spyder is retarded and decided that regular 9 volt batteries aren't good enough. You'd be surprised how many e-Spyders come into the local field's proshop with issues because the user is using a regular 9V.

#5 User is offline   Death Envoy 

• Nos Mos Nunquam Intereo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Death Envoy

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

Jackson was right, and seeing how as this was my first Spyder, I didn't know that. Everything else is fine. It was given to me with the 9V in it, and they said that they didn't know what was wrong.

Thanks for all the help anyways.

#6 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:38 PM

View PostDeath Envoy, on Jul 14 2009, 07:25 PM, said:

Jackson was right, and seeing how as this was my first Spyder, I didn't know that. Everything else is fine. It was given to me with the 9V in it, and they said that they didn't know what was wrong.

Thanks for all the help anyways.

Awesome. Glad to hear you got it fixed.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users