• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who's a snipers biggest enemy? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   912sweet_cheeks 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

Assuming all player's play to their appropriate tactics, who would be the biggest threat to a sniper. I was thinking the Hammer since with all their firepower, they can just plow through brush that we hide in (although they shouldn't be able to find us in the first place :D ).

I'm trying to think who to take out first in the event there's a squad of most of the positions.

#2 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:55 PM

One position is not stronger than any other position, that is why there are multiple positions.
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#3 User is offline   912sweet_cheeks 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:05 PM

View PostJKLNHYD, on Feb 17 2008, 09:55 PM, said:

One position is not stronger than any other position, that is why there are multiple positions.

I'm not saying that one is better than the other, I'm just saying that the tactics they employ may be more effective against snipers. Like a broadsword will lay down cover fire for others to advance, but may not be effective against a sniper. But then a tactic for Hammers is "bushwacking," or just shooting through the brush to hit people (probably a buried sniper).

But I'm no expert on this, so I may just sound like an idiot.

#4 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:33 PM

Everyone here has sounded like an idiot, and everyone here has contributed positively, don't sweat the small stuff, man. :unsure:

Anyway, we are discussing.

From what I understand, a Hammer is usually brought up from the rear to break through a line or provide suppression fire. They usually carry alot of pods, gear, markers, etc. Since they carry 100-200+ pounds of gear, they may be little threat to a minimally weighted sniper that can see them moving and manuever out of their path. A sabre, broadsword, or dagger could be more of a threat because they would tend to have more firepower than a sniper, and if the sniper were exposed, could return fire and give chase quite easily, and they tend to stick together, rather than on their own.
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

I would say a Sniper's biggest enemy is someone who dosen't categorizes them self into a position and just plays with their instinct.

It doesn't matter what they're play style is, or even what marker they're using, a person who can change and adapt is a person who will win.

This post has been edited by Piller: 17 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   Helmi_17 

• You know the music...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Helmi_17

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:54 PM

Corners everyone!

FIGHT!
...Time to dance!

#7 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:16 PM

View PostPiller, on Feb 17 2008, 08:35 PM, said:

I would say a Sniper's biggest enemy is someone who dosen't categorizes them self into a position and just plays with their instinct.

It doesn't matter what they're play style is, or even what marker they're using, a person who can change and adapt is a person who will win.

I agree with Piller, but, the original post stated,"Assuming all player's play to their appropriate tactics" and I am assuming the author was referring to the SpecOps based positions.
I don't personally comply to these positions, but, can walk in many shoes...

EDIT:

I do believe that a player with a DT is going to have a tough time silently sneaking around the woods, or a guy with a Phantom is going to effectively lay down suppressive fire for his team to advance. I think that we all choose a basic game style, whether it is aggressive or passive, and then build our equipment around it.

This post has been edited by JKLNHYD: 17 February 2008 - 10:32 PM

My New Homie List. PM me

#8 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:26 PM

A sniper should be afraid of a player who knows the field, knows all the out-of-the-way paths and trails, knows all of the best ambush points and hiding spots. A sniper should be afraid of players who are observant, quick-thinking and decisive this player know when to stay back and scan the tree line and when to rush forward and charge. THAT player is the sniper
s worst enemy.

But then any one of the players on the opposing team could be that player, so good luck! :huh:
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#9 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:46 PM

Going strictly by specops positions. I would say a sniper would be another snipers worst opposition. A counter sniper if you will. Now what I mean is this. Try to follow me.

On the old field we use to play there was only one way in the woods. After a few feet you could then branch off and go left, middle or right. One team goes in sets up defense then after a few minutes the other team goes in and looks for them. Now the team that went in first does have the option of rushing them after they get a certain distance in.

Now my buddy would always do the sniper role. And depending on how the teams played out I would do it occasionally. Now when I was on the attacking team this worked out better for me. Because I knew where the traffic was heaviest. The easiest places to defend and the best angles to ambush and snipe the attacking team. Not only that I knew the places that had the best cover, the easiest places to get out of, the best places to shoot out of but hard to shoot into. My buddy knew that so I made it my goal to eliminate my buddy if he was on the opposing team. Once I took him out I officially became the sniper (though in some cases not a very good one).

Now I said that to because of this. Firepower doesnt meccessarily mean squat. If I am in a hide somwhere. I have the angle to shoot out of but almost impossible to get anythign through no matter how much you shoot...then what good is firepower. But if a guy is in there and you know you can flank him and pick him off (counter sniper) then essentially because of your knowledge of sniping you were a bigger threat. Not only that. Alot of people dont have the mentality of a sniper. So if you are a decent sniper you know the spots to avoid because there could be a threat if someone was thinking the same as you. Plus you can also tell your team where to avoid or spray where a sniper could be. Either flush him out, make him panic and do something stupid, or hit him.

But I will say I do agree with whomever is field smart, knows the field, and is observant...with the techincal skills of a good paintballer they pose a big threat. I just think mentality wise a sniper will be another snipers biggest threat. Especially if the other sniper has firepower to tote with him. Like a sniper wiht a phantom vs a sniper with a dm4. If my friend is using a pump or stock class pump and I am using a shocker 4x4, dm4 or something like that. And I find where he is and can get to him I can use the supressive fire to my advantage.

So to make a longer story short. Anyone who can think like sniper will be a snipers biggest enemy. Like on Saving Private Ryan. When the sniper is in the tower. And that one guy (cant remember his name) says "that is where i would be...then gets the angle on the sniper). That is essentially what I am talking about.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#10 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

A snipers worst enemy is air support!
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#11 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:51 PM

View Postjiu-jitsu fighter, on Feb 18 2008, 08:46 PM, said:

Going strictly by specops positions. I would say a sniper would be another snipers worst opposition.

Nay - nothing is going to happen then. Both bunker queens. I say the worst guy is a person that doesn't care about the sniper and just runs through and lights up everything.

I'm saying this because you miss him and he's gone or he'll spray your way.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 18 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

#12 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

A snipers worst enemy is himself. If he doesn't know his gear he's a threat to himself. If he overestimates his abilities, he's a threat to himself. If he doesn't practice patients he's a threat to himself. If he doesn't practice stealth/hiding he's a threat to himself.

Who's the snipers worst enemy on the other team? The guy that's slow, methodical and has sharp eyes.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#13 Guest_TippySnipa_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

I would have to say... a trigger happy hammer :)

#14 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:01 PM

View Postslinkyaroo, on Feb 18 2008, 06:51 PM, said:

View Postjiu-jitsu fighter, on Feb 18 2008, 08:46 PM, said:

Going strictly by specops positions. I would say a sniper would be another snipers worst opposition.

Nay - nothing is going to happen then. Both bunker queens. I say the worst guy is a person that doesn't care about the sniper and just runs through and lights up everything.

I'm saying this because you miss him and he's gone or he'll spray your way.

I am not talking about two guys sitting in a bunker. I am talking about the guy that is a real sniper. The guy who moves not the guy that camps. I can tell you from my experiences playing the sniper role. I never worried about firepower. Been caught up a couple of times in it. But 75% of my problems come when someone else knows the whole sniper mentality and is better at it or catches me off guard.

Hell if you miss him he isnt going to hear the shot because he will be shooting so much. So essentially if you miss just shoot at him again. Besides if he is running through spraying I dont have to worry about him because he will get hit by one of my teammates.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#15 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:44 PM

I would say another sniper would be a snipers biggest enemy, because if they are both practiced and experienced, they will think alike. Maybe thinking this way could be wrong, but I know whenever I play I always keep in mind "What is THEIR sniper doing right now?" It has saved me more than once....
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users