Special Ops Paintball: do you disagree? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

do you disagree? flow chart of tippmann equiment qualitity Rate Topic: -----

Poll: do you agree (41 member(s) have cast votes)

do you agree

1. yes (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. no (2 votes [50.00%])

how long have you been in the sport

1. 1-2 months (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2-5 months (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 6-8 months (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 8-12 months (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 1 year - 3 (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

6. 3-5 years (2 votes [50.00%])

7. 7-10 years (0 votes [0.00%])

8. 10 years + (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   andrew1987 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:beat box

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:28 PM

ok here is how i see low end blowback gear based company and how things look, tell me if you agree

if you have not been in the sport long enought to know the differance between the different things listed, please just listen, and do not talk

if you have been in the sport since at least 04, do you agree that this statement it true

the older tippmanns (American made: a5a2, model 98, 98customs, a5) > bt (delta, bt16) > current tippmanns (china made :triumph, c3, all there airsoft equiment, 98 collectors, x7, 98 platinum,alpha black)

in case anyone does not understand greater than or less than symbols
1 < 5
5 > 1
in matters of price
a car > a whopper at burger king
in combat
a us marine > a kitten
a kitten > a mouse
there fore
a us marine > a mouse

edit:changed old tippmann to older tippmann
edit2: removed tm7 from bt list as it is not a blow back
edit3: fraseing change from "reflects current reality" to "statement is true" - that change was fairly dramatic so i had to reset the poll, please vote again

This post has been edited by andrew1987: 11 September 2008 - 01:36 PM

#2 User is offline   Darkling 

• Dustin
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dustin

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:32 PM

this is a complicated topic the old 98c are much more durrable than the newer bts and new tippmans wile the a-5 or at least mine seems to break every outher day

This post has been edited by Darkling: 10 September 2008 - 02:33 PM

If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Sabre motto

WOODSBALL IT IS WHAT WE DO!

#3 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

I wouldn't define "old Tippmanns" as the Model 98, 98 Custom, and A-5... those are all still the newer Tippmanns. The "Old Tippmanns" would be the Pro-Carbine, 68 Carbine, Pro-Lite, Factory F/A, SL-68 and SL-68II, etc., in my opinion.

I'd personally consider the BT-4 higher quality than the Tippmann Model 98 and beyond, and the pre-98 Tippmanns to be better than the BT's.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#4 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:47 PM

I'd have to agree with zero on what's considered "old".

I also don't think BT should be in there either, they are different company.

Removing BT, the older gear was better. The newer stuff isn't horrible, just not as good.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#5 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:04 PM

how can you call the A5 new? it just came out a couple of years ago...Tippmann was making very nice markers for a while i.e the SL68 II is an awesome marker, as is the Pro lite, the newer 98s, and A5/X7 arent as nice regarding quality, and ease of disassembly, etc, etc
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:08 PM

TM7 shouldnt be in the discussion if you decide to include BT, the TM7 isnt blow back (im pretty sure), its invert mini internals'

as far as everything else i would say as far as durability ignoring the REALLY old tippmanns (prolite and back)

Pro Carbine>Model 98 and Tippmann 98 (close enough to the same thing)>A5>newer 98s>newer a5s (do they still make those??) >X7

the C7 and Triumph dont even belong in the discussion

between the A5 and the newer 98s there is a HUGE gap, one reason i will never sell my old 98 nor ever buy a new tippmann

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#7 User is offline   lazyeye263 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:lazyeye263

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

A thing I've noticed about new tippmanns is that the quality of the internals is going downhill. The 98s my field rents are about 3-5 years old and they have absolutely no problems. I had a US Army Alpha Black (made by tippmann) and it broke down on me within 2 months (broken internal part). Tippmann replaced some of the internals parts that used to be metal with plastic parts. I'm not extremely knowledgeable when it comes to internals, but I know that tippmanns aren't as durable as they used to be.

#8 User is offline   TRad 

• Ultimate...paintball...guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TRad

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

Really hard to ACCURATELY say, but as a general rule I'm saying yes....
I am a christian paintballer!
Alabamian #2
_My feedback_ _My eBay feedback_

#9 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:56 PM

i disagree. I belive (as everyone else has already said) that the categories are wrong AND that the quality of the BT markers are superior to that of the tippman markers.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#10 User is offline   SamSquanch 

• I kissed a girl & I liked it
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SamSquanch21

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

I think the new tippmann guns like the triumph, c3, and x7, even the a5 are all of poorer quality, then what tippmanns used to be.

I don't think its fair that you through BT into this, there not even a part of tippmann anymore. When tippmann was bought out by company that started cheaping everything up, Ben left and started his own endeavor(battle tested) but im sure you knew that.

#11 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

again with the unagreement of the catagories and with removing BT from that list, if BT is their then so should spyder

from what ive seen of the C3 i wouldnt say that its a crap product, just 10-15 years too late of an idea.

i wont argue with the idea that pre 98s are tougher, but by god the post 98s are lighter and thats not all that bad.
and since my A5 still hasnt had any real problem that wasnt caused my direct careless actions totally on my behalf and its really old (serial 719).

this whole thing is like a joke i know,

How many Green Bay Packer fans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
just one, but it takes at least 20 to tell you how good the last one was

Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#12 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:14 PM

Why did you move this argument from the newbies corner thread andrew? And for all wondering why Bt is in this argument, this is a continueing thread. As such i'll say, just as I said in the last thread that I agree with andrew. By A5A2 he's refering to my A5, its now 2 1/2 years old now. So its not a new Tippmann. Older A5s and the 1st gen X7s are alright. Their low end blow backs there only going to be so good, so what, their not as good as the almighty automag. Dosen't make a bit of difference to me. Tippmanns have been decreasing in quality, but andrew's assesment it correct IMO. I've actually started using my Tippmanns again, just because everyone else dosen't like them.

#13 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:46 PM

The BT TM-7 is a Mini, not really a BT product. That being said, I would put the TM-7 above any product Tippmann has ever made. The old Tippmanns like the Pro Carbine are and were better markers, and they are a LOT easier to work on. You can do basic maintenance without disassembling everything, versus the clamshell halves of the newer ones that tend to explode in a shower of parts if you're not careful when opening them.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#14 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

View PostChibbs, on Sep 10 2008, 06:08 PM, said:

Pro Carbine>Model 98 and Tippmann 98 (close enough to the same thing)>A5>newer 98s>newer a5s (do they still make those??) >X7

Perfect flow chart right there. The Pro/Carbine is champ of the Tippmann line. Best built marker Tippmann has ever made.

#15 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:16 PM

I've been in it long enough to see Model98s, A-5s (or A5A2s if you want the Specops doctored version) and 98 customs to be newer Tippmanns. They are certainly far from "older" Tippmanns.

Here is how I would rate it:

Pro/Carbines and CVX 68 Carbines > Pro Lites, Pro-Ams, and older 68 Carbines (excellent build quality, but the CVX valve system just beats it) ∞> Model 98s, 98 Customs, A-5s = BT Delta and 16 > China Tippmann 98s, A-5s, and X-7s.

SL-68s and SL-68 IIs don't really fit in, but I still find them to be MUCH better built than anything post Pro/Carbine.

Likewise the Triumph, and C-3 don't fit in at all. I actually liked both of them, but they just don't appeal to a large audience. For the small crowd they were marketed to I think they were just fine despite any flack they got from a majority of people.

If you ask me anything post Pro/Carbine was a serious drop in quality. Even the older Model 98s, 98 Customs, A-5s (and A5A2s) can't hold a candle to the quality of the marker models that came before them.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users