Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dye C4 Gloves (review)

#1 User is offline   ZAPCOnj 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2004 - 12:31 PM

With the season coming to full steam and everyone getting out more and more each week to play in fields all over the place I figured I would do a review of the DYE CORE 04 Gloves.

After playing the last few games of the season last year I noticed that I was getting quite a few hand hits as well as getting cuts and scrapes on my hands when diving in the bunkers or running through the brush. After shopping around for various gloves I decided on the DYE CORE ‘04 Gloves (blue to black).

Description from the DYE web page:

2004 C4 GLOVES

Until now, gloves have been ordinary. Mainly offering the consumer style over function. Dye has yet again changed things. Introducing a revolutionary new standard in trigger finger enhancement. The all new Sensi-Touch fingers. This exciting feature increases the sensitivity of the finger tips used for pulling the trigger. Combined with a Kevlar® and micro-fiber palm, the C4 glove is a giant step above the ordinary.

Overall the gloves are very comfortable. They offer great top of the hand protection with various padding locations including the knuckles. The index and middle fingers have cut points around the mid finger knuckles so if you want to cut the fingers off to aid in walking the trigger you can do so without fear of the glove unraveling. The sides of each finger have a Mesh like material that allows you hands to breathe and stay cool on the hot days. Inside of the glove on the index and middle finger there are “NUBS” that Dye says help with sensivity of your trigger finger... Basically what they are saying is that it helps your finger feel the trigger better (that sounds really bad). Each finger also has stylish plastic accents that aid in the protection of your hand. The top of the glove is made of a neoprene type material with Nylon Mesh sections stitched in to provide ventilation to the top of your hand.

The palm of the glove is leather with various points of Kevlar and micro-fiber inserts to provide protection and stability when griping your marker or diving into a bunker. The Palms of the glove also have a slightly tacky feel to help aid in the grip of your marker.

The wrist section of the glove is the same nylon mesh (book bag strap material). As on the top portion of the glove. There is a nice industrial wrist closure that will not come undone while under fire or when diving or running to a bunker.

SIZING: these gloves (as with many others I hear) run small. I would strongly recommend that you try a set on at a local store before ordering online. I usually use a XL glove but with the DYE core ’04 glove I fit a large.

Overall I am very happy with the glove. These gloves perform better than I had thought they would and are very comfortable. I can play on a really hot day and not have my hands get sweaty. I can run through the thorns and brush and not have to worry about my hands getting shredded. I’ve taken a few ball hits and the padding on the top of the hand has provided a few bounces. The ones that broke on my hand left no mark or damage to my hand. At the price point of roughly $43.00 a pair these gloves are in the HIGHER end price bracket. Do I feel that they were worth the money I spent on them … YES; I feel they are worth every penny I paid. I highly recommend these gloves to everyone.

I hope you find this useful.

#2 User is offline   fullofpaint 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:fullofpaint

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:54 PM

I have a pair of these too, I love them the only complaint I have is that the thumbs aren't armored

#3 User is offline   Badguy 

• Silent Warriors
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Badguy

Posted 02 December 2004 - 09:33 AM

Yup gottem too. there great, comfortable, and worth the money. check out the 05's when you get the chance.
Charlie Don't Surf! Lt.Col Killgore, Apocalypse Now

I Love Fire Power, Let it Rain!

user posted image

#4 User is offline   Tayborg5 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 December 2004 - 06:33 PM

ya, i was looking at getting some paintball gloves too. At first i did the cheap thing and just used mechanics gloves and baseball gloves, etc. But i think its time to get some. I look into these dye core 04/05 gloves. Theres a few pairs of empire grind gloves at my local store that i tried on and i loved those. I would have bought them if i had 30 bucks more one me. But i was on a strict paint and air only budget that day.
user posted image
Tayborg5@hotmail.com
2005 ENID JACKALOPES HOMEPAGE

#5 User is offline   moch99 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:16 PM

:)

#6 User is offline   jogernot 

• I pwn the "good people"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jogernot

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:31 PM

I like them, and there stylish. Only problem is the dubby things in the 2 fingers that fall apart over time.

Put This In Your Sig If Your Parents Dont Pay For Your Stuff
PAINTBALL is OXYGEN

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users