• You cannot reply to this topic

Pump Discussion Thread V.3 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1006 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

I'm in San Francisco then. :( CRAP!!
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#1007 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:34 PM

Played Pumpe at an Attack and defend scenario. Was Awesome. Used a Micro CA for changing my 12 grams and a fifty round hopper. 27 of us defending vs 90 attackers. Had a great day despite shooting low. I always chrono around high 250's low 260's fps, i am used to getting up close and personal and i get a few more shots out of the 12ie. Everyone else had an electro and was longballing, and i wasn't allowed to leave the fort to get closer. :( Sucked. I had to wait for people to get in range, or change 12ies ever 20 shots so i would have good velocities again.

Did make two really good shots. First shot of the day i point, aim, fire and hit a dude in the leg. XD The later i was longballing at a dude who was kneeling out of the bunker...the ball i shot dropped, bounced off the ground, and bounced up and broke off his mask. XD Didn't think that was possible. XD

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#1008 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:12 PM

View PostLegato, on 28 August 2010 - 11:34 PM, said:

The later i was longballing at a dude who was kneeling out of the bunker...the ball i shot dropped, bounced off the ground, and bounced up and broke off his mask. XD Didn't think that was possible. XD

Hahaha excellent :) ugh reminds me of when I got hit in a trench because it bounced off some grass and bounced down a half foot into the trench and landed on my 98c's hopper lid -_-

I was rather unimpressed that I was out when he wasn't even shooting at me haha there was a guy shooting from a trench in front of me and it went over his head. :(

#1009 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:59 AM

Looks like Empire is bringing back the Tracer. It will come with a 14" cocker threaded barrel, still be back bottle. Have the same feedneck as the TM-7/mini, that can be swapped out for a 10 round SC feed. It has bottomline mounts so you can indeed run a tank from there. My only gripe is all the ugly rails on the pump arm.

Carter did a good review of one here
http://www.mcarterbr...ots-photos.html

Based on the Classic Traccer
Picatinny Rails for adding accessories
Cocker Threaded 14" Barrel
Auto-Trigger
Rail Mounted Clamping Feed Elbow
Bottom Line Screws
Optional stock class / horizontal spring feed

borrowing these images from Carter
Posted Image

Posted Image

and the best part.... it will cost $119.99. YEP! Under $150, well under. I seriously think this could give the phantom a run for its money for a new guy coming into the pump game. It doesn't cost much but gives you so much. Plus being cocker threaded it is so much easier to find barrels for. XD I have no use for yet another pump, but this has me thinking. LOL i doubt i'd even use it much.

#1010 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

Just cleaned and shot my Super Stocker. Simply amazing that it still performs so well after 20 years.

I was able to get 40 good strong shots off of a 12gram firing every second.

Going to be a hard choice tonight....shoot the Super Stocker or the Phantom I just reattached the red dot.
Guess I will wait and see how consistant the two are over the chrono at the field speed of 250...and go from there

#1011 User is offline   Overkillforeva 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

I'm back, and on the market for a beater pump. I like all the changes. Good to see familiar names again.
I am amazed that I spend countless hours on this site yet only post during a small percentage of that time.
Poor newb in need of pumpy goodness. Donations greatly enjoyed!
Orange:The color of Childhood Cancer Light Blue:The color of leukemia. I am a survivor.
I think I love Becc

#1012 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

Hey guys

Just stopping by. I'm still not playing, and loving it!

<Insert Sig Here>

#1013 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:20 AM

View PostKrazy8, on 29 September 2010 - 06:44 PM, said:

Just cleaned and shot my Super Stocker. Simply amazing that it still performs so well after 20 years.

I was able to get 40 good strong shots off of a 12gram firing every second.

Going to be a hard choice tonight....shoot the Super Stocker or the Phantom I just reattached the red dot.
Guess I will wait and see how consistant the two are over the chrono at the field speed of 250...and go from there

I love my SS. LOVE. Just never gets used as much anymore since the Mini Comp came onto the scene for me. Gotta get a new seal kit for the CCI changer on the SS. It was leaking at the SC tourney, the 12 gram seal fell out. :(

View PostOverkillforeva, on 30 September 2010 - 06:42 PM, said:

I'm back, and on the market for a beater pump. I like all the changes. Good to see familiar names again.

welcome back bro. Good to see you are alive and well

View Postmtaylor, on 30 September 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

Hey guys

Just stopping by. I'm still not playing, and loving it!

Win. Glad to see you alive and well too. :D Pug is still going strong. Just think i need to change out the 12 gram seal on the piercing side. Still owe you huge for that baby. XD

#1014 User is offline   Overkillforeva 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

Noticed the last time that I went out to play that there are several pumpers in the area. I got to shoot several snipers and pretty much fell in love. It was amazing.
I am amazed that I spend countless hours on this site yet only post during a small percentage of that time.
Poor newb in need of pumpy goodness. Donations greatly enjoyed!
Orange:The color of Childhood Cancer Light Blue:The color of leukemia. I am a survivor.
I think I love Becc

#1015 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

How well do phantoms work on HPA?
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#1016 User is offline   Syphorus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:31 PM

I run my phantom vsc on a 13 ci tank and it performs flawlessly =D

#1017 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

Solid, thats exactly what I'm going to do, I've just always heard that phantoms run wayyyy better on Co2. 12 grams are annoying and the field I play at during the summer doesn't even fill co2.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#1018 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

I consistantly run my Phantom on HPA.
I have both a 13ci HPA and a 3.5 aluminum co2 tank. THey get roughly the same number of shots per fill and weigh nearly the same. I tend to use the co2 in the summer a bit more since it is smaller in length and does get a bit more shots when teh temps are nice and warm.

An older Phantom might need a new main spring to get to the 300 fps range since there is less oomph in HPA. But if your Phantom is less than a couple years old you should be fine and happy with the performance you see from HPA.

#1019 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:22 PM

Yup, if you have or get a spring kit, no worries at all. I have had trouble getting to velocity with phantoms and HPA otherwise.

Lo

#1020 User is offline   Legato 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:58 PM

Heavily debating selling the Short N Nasty. I have only used it a handful fo times in the year and a half i have owned it. And i could use the money to buy a Samsung Galaxy Tablet wifi edition when it is released, and i know that would get use. I just feel bad parting with a Nasty, that i have barely used. But that is my biggest reason to move it. I play more outlaw pump games then anything else. I never hit a field with all day air, and that bad boy needs all day air to power it. I want it to get used, to get the love it deserves, so it can mow faces.

Share this topic:

• (109 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users