• You cannot reply to this topic

12" Lapco Accushot Kit Review A barrel kit is the way to go Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   M. Deth 

• Motopsycho
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MOTOPSYCHO

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:25 AM

I bought a used Lapco Accushot kit off Ebay. I got about a 1/3 discount off the new retail price plus a 13" Armson Stealth barrel was added in. When I got them, I was pleased that the previous owner took really good care of them. These barrels are Pro/Carbine, A-5, X-7, or BT4 threads. I also have a Lapco barrel adapter that allows me to use them on either my M98 or my 98C.

Anyways, I am now a firm believer in the match the barrel to the paint idea. I've been using X-Ball Scenario paintballs. 2 of the cases of paint fit perfectly in the .687 Auto Spirit barrel. The most recent batch of X-ball paint was slightly smaller, and was a perfect fit in the .684 Micro Shot barrel. Since I've had these barrels, I cannot believe how much of an accuracy difference they make. I haven't done any official spread tests, but just from playing, I can tell. I had so many more perfectly placed shots. Things like someone's foot, elbow, or pods sticking out slightly from a bunker. They became much easier targets to hit.

I have not even had to use the Big Shot yet, as I have not found any paint that big. I only wish I could still get the Pico Shot. Then I would have the complete Lapco kit. But, Lapco doesn't make the Pico Shot any more. I bet it's rare to find paint that small.

I'll put it this way... Remember shooting spit wads out of a pen when you were a kid. If the wad was too small, you didn't get much velocity. If the wad was too big, you couldn't get to to move inside the pen (in paintball, that means a broken ball in the barrel). But, if the wad was just the right size, a good puff of air would shot the wad out like a rocket. That is the exact effect I've noticed using the barrel kit. Since a specific brand of paint may not always be available, and the same brand can also vary in size, a good barrel kit is an excellent investment.

This post has been edited by M. Deth: 13 November 2008 - 06:35 AM

"Born to bleed, fighting to succeed, built to endure what this world throws at me." - Hatebreed
Special Ops Brigade ID - 161556
Tunka.com - Join over 1600 Denver area players for FREE National Forest games.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users