WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#17 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:52 AM

I personally am not a big fan. I find it to be a pointless classification.

If it's a look, then it's just plain shallow and like every other trend people want to achieve. If you try to make something more of it and consider it a behavior or way of living then its also some arbitrary way people try to act. Either way it's a system that labels paintball players.

What happened to playing your own style with your own look and being judged based on that? Nobody thinks for themselves anymore.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#18 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:52 AM

Since you are the know all end all person of what is and isn't agg, why don't you post pics of what is agg Matt? Maybe then we will learn to not misuse the word. Which i don't think anyone does. But then again i am not from Socal. So i guess i don't see these "trends" when they first start. :D

To me, agg is those really annoying kids at the field who own $1000+ markers and are dressed full out in dye gear but couldn't even turn on their markers or take them on the field if their life depended on it...but damn once you turn it on for them...the kids know how to dryfire them for hours without ever touching a field. :D

To me agg is scratching the word "Hate" into your marker....anything HK...putting a $30 pump kit on a $40 cocker and trying to sell it for $300+ cause it "mows faces". Double strapping....just doing custom straps in the first place.......

That is agg to me....i know you are going to flip and say i am a jerk and turd and i know nothing...but that may be true...but i only know what i see....and that is what i see when people say they are agg.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#19 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:49 AM

Aggs: They're what's for breakfast:
Posted Image

All I can say is thank god paintball is the only place Agg exists. If the NFL, MLB, NHL... started allowing agg to seep in I think I'd have to kill myself.

MLB Agg: "I'm an agg pitcher because I spent $40k on this baseball signed by Babe Ruth and Lou Gerhig and actually use it in the games!"
Paintball agg: "I'm agg because I spent $200.00 on an old JT strap and double strapped my mask!"

Legato, I don't think just pics should be used to show agg. I've seen many "agg" pics but still don't see it. Our Agg Guru should do a picture dictionary: "In this pic we see blah blah blah. This is what's agg and this is why it's agg."
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#20 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:32 AM

You guys know what the worst mask is? Anything white. I HATE white masks. Why? Because they look so stupid. They stick out, they look like a clown, and the people wearing them think they are AGG.

Plus, I am waiting for Stuffy to get in here. He always talks about people being AGG.

EDIT: Puz, that picture is huge!

This post has been edited by Florentine: 25 February 2009 - 07:33 AM

Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#21 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:03 AM

When i see it mentioned here, its easily read as a joke...

so chillax a little :happy:

This post has been edited by T-Freak: 25 February 2009 - 09:05 AM

Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:37 AM

View PostCesar, on Feb 24 2009, 10:16 PM, said:

honestly, i think being "Agg" is taken seriously by about 5% of paintballers.......i have a feeling that when the rest of us refer to something as "agg" we are being satirical...

Honestly... I really don't pay attention to "Agg."
Does it even have a REAL deffinition? Even if it does... I think according to a good deal of paintballers it has become something else.. Just look at lego's post for example...

#23 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:38 AM

View Postshadow_772, on Feb 25 2009, 11:37 AM, said:

View PostCesar, on Feb 24 2009, 10:16 PM, said:

honestly, i think being "Agg" is taken seriously by about 5% of paintballers.......i have a feeling that when the rest of us refer to something as "agg" we are being satirical...

Honestly... I really don't pay attention to "Agg."
Does it even have a REAL deffinition? Even if it does... I think according to a good deal of paintballers it has become something else.. Just look at lego's post for example...

thats pretty much what i am talking about...

#24 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Feb 25 2009, 12:47 AM, said:

"Agg" makes me laugh... :happy:
... silly little boys.

What makes me laugh is when people get fired up about what is or isn't "Agg"... :laugh:

Paintball fields everywhere would be better off if players stopped judging each other based on what they looked like or how they acted

i.e. don't be a dbAgg, just have fun slinging paint ;)
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#25 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

this post does not exsist ok?

This post has been edited by T-Freak: 26 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Dusty Dee 

• aka DIRT
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DustyDee

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

I'm new to all this "cool" paintball talk. What is agg? Is it short for aggressive? Or is it an acronym: A.G.G.?

When I was going to University, the Aggies were the students that were in the agriculture program. The aggies and the geers (engineers) didn't get along so well. They would throw cow crap at us, and we would design crap launchers to throw it back at them at a higher velocity. We'd both try to drink each other under the table. Is this being agg?

Please help me understand so I can be a cool kid too.

This post has been edited by Dusty Dee: 25 February 2009 - 10:25 AM

Dirt
That's pronounced Dirte

98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14" barrel
collapsible stock

#27 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

All I can say is thank god paintball is the only place Agg exists. If the NFL, MLB, NHL... started allowing agg to seep in I think I'd have to kill myself.

Im not so sure about that...
I see some similar trends in other sports too. Take cycling...think of all those guys in their custom spandex shorts, $200 shirts covered in logos, aerodynamic helmets, special biking sunglasses...desperately trying to look like Lance Armstrong as they ride 10 minutes to the office in the morning. Then they ignore the basic rules of the road (ever seen anyone in spandex stop at a stop sign?) and complain when cars honk at them because all their buddies like to ride 3 abreast in the middle of the street.
Agg is just arrogance in fancy clothes.
Maybe its not Agg...but theres a similar "oh look at me, I can afford to spend 500 bucks on this cool outfit" mentality.

#28 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:27 AM

View PostDusty Dee, on Feb 25 2009, 12:19 PM, said:

I'm new to all this "cool" paintball talk. What is agg? Is it short for aggressive? Or is it an acronym: A.G.G.?

When I was going to University, the Aggies were the students that were in the agriculture program. The aggies and the geers (engineers) didn't get along so well. They would throw cow crap at us, and we would design crap launchers to throw it back at them at a higher velocity. We'd both try to drink each other under the table. Is this being agg?

Please help me understand so I can be a cool kid too.

well according to Urban Dictionary....Agg is:

"Agg" derived from the word "aggro" from the skaters and surfers of SoCal meets it's roots at the World Famous SC Village. As the infamous team Hostile Kid's popularity grew, so did the usage of the word agg. It is now a widespread term used by all paintballers at least once.

Agg simply means cool. But in reality it means much more, agg is more than cool. Agg is not just how players dress or stand behind their bunker, it's also an attitude they bring to the field. A perfect example of this is Kenny Rosenberg (former Legacy now HK player) he brings not only fashion sense, but a magnetic attitude onto the field.

Some players dislike HK/Agg because of it's "overusage" or "poser fan following". Regardless, it is a word that will forever represent this era of paintballers.

so apparently its just another word for "cool"....or actually "more than cool"

...kinda reminds me of middle school...

This post has been edited by Cesar: 25 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

#29 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Feb 25 2009, 12:19 PM, said:

Agg is just arrogance in fancy clothes.
Maybe its not Agg...but theres a similar "oh look at me, I can afford to spend 500 bucks on this cool outfit" mentality.

Nailed it
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#30 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:18 AM

"Agg" derived from the word "aggro" from the skaters and surfers of SoCal meets it's roots at the World Famous SC Village. As the infamous team Hostile Kid's popularity grew, so did the usage of the word agg. It is now a widespread term used by all paintballers at least once.

Agg simply means cool. But in reality it means much more, agg is more than cool. Agg is not just how players dress or stand behind their bunker, it's also an attitude they bring to the field. A perfect example of this is Kenny Rosenberg (former Legacy now HK player) he brings not only fashion sense, but a magnetic attitude onto the field.

Some players dislike HK/Agg because of it's "overusage" or "poser fan following". Regardless, it is a word that will forever represent this era of paintballers.

Wow... That is IMO really sad... I will use the word "cool" instead of "agg" when I think something is cool thanks...
And the last part of that "regardless... forever represent this era of paintballers" is really too bad if thats what ballers' twenty years from now will think of us.... I know I will be around to tell em' like it was.

Right now at school... will finish a more complete rant later...

Share this topic:

• (286 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users