• You cannot reply to this topic

crawl time how about you Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Singletrack 

• Welcome back Tree Fitty
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Singletrack

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:49 PM

To be honest I can't remember the last time I was on my belly for more than one minute lol. I am usually always the guy you will see who is running and gunning trying to make something happen or pull something together on the go.

Official Spyder Owner #79
Death is certain, Life is not...

#17 User is offline   The Dakar 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

I actually gone to ground quite often! I think it is one of the underused skills in woodsball.
Being a low crawler takes skill and stamina. The biggest skill, understanding terrain! You would be amazed how far you can crawl with nothing more than small depression in the ground in an open field!
However, 10 minutes? Not unless it is a scenario game. Any other game 2-3 mintues tops, as after that, you gotta take the field position. You do not go just taking a nap. Your position must be proactive as much as covered!
I used to think:
"So what if you shoot 15bps, but I only need to hit you with one"
Then I learned how much fun it is to hit someone once every 1/15th of a second!

#18 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:18 PM

i'm with dakar on this one: the crawl is an awesome but underused tactic. like it says in the Spec-Ops guidebook, you'd be surprised how much butt you'll kick if your willing to get your cammies dirty. But 10 minutes? this is a sabre section, not the sniper section. if you are pulling 10 minutes of prone, you probably aren't making very aggressive moves, or are seriously lacking in the suppressive fire dept if you're forced to crawl for 10 min.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#19 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:54 PM

I have had times where crawling has come in handy. There were two buildings, about 20 feet apart, with a low 2 foot dirt burm between them. I dove between the 2 buildings, crawled to the next, eleminated the player that was hiding behind the 2nd building from the prone position, got into a crouch and then went into the 2nd building. Again, crawling long disntances doesn't usually work unless the cover is exceptional. When you are crawling your speed is gone, making you a slow moving target although your profile is also must smaller.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#20 User is offline   Aaron723 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aaron723

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

I don't crawl. Hell I don't even really kneel down. Bad knees limit that and it's hard to get 380 lbs up quickly if I have to run.
Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum. If you want peace prepare for war.
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

#21 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:57 AM

When storming the beach at ION this year, the only way to move up the field was to crawl. You seriously could not make it to a bunker 6 feet to your side without crawling. Ask anyone on the beach. That tall grass saved our lives. However, in smaller woodsball games, i do whatever i need to do to get an advantage. If that means crawling, so be it.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   tnert 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tnert

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:45 PM

on our woodsball field toward the east side of it is a grass field with grass about 5 to 6 feet tall off the break ill run and go in there then crawl all the wayup it to there flank and within a couple minutes be a severe thorn in the opfors side. o ya i usually spend a lot of time crawling.

if we cant do it. it doesent need to be done
official sabre #132
Team Evasive Action
my amazing sponser pbsports.com

#23 User is offline   Pimpman 

• say hello to my little friend
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:swissblade

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

Honestly I rarely am completely prone... maybe if we are setting an ambush but other than that the closest I get is squatting or on my knees.

#24 User is offline   zlayer 7 

• Zlayer VII
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zlayer VII

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:48 PM

Yes, actually I do spend alot of time on my belly personally. The less exposure the better. But how does that tie in with the field position of medium riflemen? I mean, if you are going up the field on your belly with the intentions of ambushing them, I would think that would fall under the sniper position. Sabres are, however, one of the most versatile field positions, and laying on your belly to get behind enemy lines would certainly fall under that position as well. To answer your question, yes, spending alot of the game crawling will give you a serious advantage as you will present yourself as a poorer target to the bad guys. I do it almost every game, and you will gain alot from trying it out yourself.

Zlayer VII :alien:

#25 User is offline   Vallaboom 

• UGA Aftermath
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Vallaboom

Post icon  Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

in between the games on the bench :dodgy:

This post has been edited by Vallaboom: 07 August 2008 - 12:14 PM

UGA Aftermath-Zebulin "Zeb" Clayton

#26 User is offline   NAM 

• future property of the USMC
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NAM

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

I'm never prone for that long but when I take fire from an unknown location I'm on the ground. You are harder to hit on the ground and the prone postion is about the most stable shooting position you can ask for. I'm prone in most of my woodsball games.
"Future property of the U.S.M.C.''
"92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.''
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
98% of teenagers have tried pot. If your the 2% who havent, put this in your sig.

#27 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

Depends on the type of game and where I'm playing/what the terrain is. If I'm playing speedball, I don't spend much, if any time on my belly. For woodsball, if the terrain allows and affords good cover, I can crawl and stay down for a long time if I have a good ambush spot or the like. Other games, I sometimes don't go prone very much, especially if it's a "village" or other open setting. Really depends on what the circumstances are for me.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#28 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

I did once before I got all my camo (not gillie). Now I don't have to work so hard to conceal myself.
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#29 User is offline   endurimil 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:endurimil

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

View PostThe Dakar, on Jun 30 2008, 07:50 PM, said:

I actually gone to ground quite often! I think it is one of the underused skills in woodsball.
Being a low crawler takes skill and stamina. The biggest skill, understanding terrain! You would be amazed how far you can crawl with nothing more than small depression in the ground in an open field!
However, 10 minutes? Not unless it is a scenario game. Any other game 2-3 mintues tops, as after that, you gotta take the field position. You do not go just taking a nap. Your position must be proactive as much as covered!

Crawling is a useful skill. Though one has to keep in mind that there are 2 versions one can use. There is the fast Leopard crawl version which keeps your butt low to the ground. But takes alot of work. Though keep in mind regardless of terrain oe has to zigzag a bit. If you don't you may as well put a big aiming point on you.

The other version is pretty uch what takes for ever, it's the one snipers use. Pretty much and inch by inch movement.

Used the Leopard crawl many times on the local field. Moved pretty quick from cover to the next cover.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

#30 User is offline   TheLeftHandofGod 

• If you die we're splitin up your gear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Left Hand of God

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

Id say never

Shocker Owner #2
PROTECT THIS HOUSE

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +