• You cannot reply to this topic

X7 with HPA system new to this Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Heitz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Heitz

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

WHat are the main components I need to get my X7 to work the best with HPA system. I also know nothing about the tanks either so any info will help.

#2 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

Marker. Air tank. Paint. Hopper. Mask.

Yup. That's it. If a tank says "Low Pressure" or LPA, don't get it. The X7 can't run on them. Other than that, you're good to go.

This post has been edited by JackRock: 12 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#3 User is offline   Heitz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

No like I know all of that, I want to know what I need to get the most out of the system. Like what are they differences between 3000/4500 psi and the different size ci tanks, if a tank comes with out a regulator, do I need one? Is there a different remote line for HPA than co2?

#4 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

View PostHeitz, on Aug 12 2008, 10:19 PM, said:

No like I know all of that, I want to know what I need to get the most out of the system. Like what are they differences between 3000/4500 psi and the different size ci tanks, if a tank comes with out a regulator, do I need one? Is there a different remote line for HPA than co2?

4500 psi carries more air than 3000 psi. The higher the CI the more air it will hold. You will need a regulator on your tank for it to work. If it doesn't have one you can't screw it into your marker. You can use the same remote.

#5 User is offline   Heitz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

View Postghost93, on Aug 12 2008, 11:26 PM, said:

4500 psi carries more air than 3000 psi. The higher the CI the more air it will hold. You will need a regulator on your tank for it to work. If it doesn't have one you can't screw it into your marker. You can use the same remote.

Ight this was helpful. One more dumb question, so both the psi and ci determine how much air it can hold. What is the most common config between the both?

#6 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

There is no common configuration. Most people carry a tank between the 45ci and 92ci sizes, but others have been known to exist. Most will suggest 4500psi, since more and more fields are going to that, and it increases your shots by 50% at no additional size, and almost negligible weight.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#7 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:55 AM

View PostHeitz, on Aug 12 2008, 10:53 PM, said:

View Postghost93, on Aug 12 2008, 11:26 PM, said:

Ight this was helpful. One more dumb question, so both the psi and ci determine how much air it can hold. What is the most common config between the both?

Since I'm guessing you're running remote the tank size won't really matter much. A lot of people that run only remote get a 92 ci tank or bigger. It's all personal preference.

4500 psi tanks hold 50% more air than 3000 psi tanks with pretty much no difference in weight. So if you can afford one I suggest you get a 4500 psi tank.

#8 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:13 AM

For 3000psi tanks multiply the CI by 10 to get your average shot count. For 4500psi tanks multiply the CI by 15. From that, you can base the size of tank you need on how much you shoot. For those who don't shoot tons of paint you can get a tank size that will last you all day. Alternatively you can get a tank size that lasts you a game or two. It's all about how much you want to carry and how often you want to be refilling.

If your sure about getting a HPA system definitely make sure the tank you buy is a carbon fiber tank. While in my opinion carbon fiber tanks are still heavy, it won't be anywhere near as heavy as a steel/aluminum tank. It's worth the jump in price for carbon fiber.

This post has been edited by Piller: 13 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users