• You cannot reply to this topic

Stock to Open Class Phantom the PMP adapter Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:25 PM

We (Doubleshot and I) have been working on building open class phantoms. We already have vsc. We ordered a center feed breech from CCI and discovered that the feedneck was extremely tall. We were going to cut it using a pipecutter, but discovered this online. It's an adapter that attaches to a stock-class breech and is threaded for ION/IMPULSE feednecks. We figured we'd try it. It came today. After a quick trip to the local pro-shop to get the feedneck (it's a New Designz, I think, she bought it :D) here are the results.
This is the center feed breech with the required feedneck and a Supershot hopper.
Posted Image
Here is the stock class breech with the PMP adapter piece and ION feedneck with the same hopper.
Posted Image
Sideviews of the same configurations above:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Here are first person views of the PMP adapter with a Winchester and a Brass Eagle hopper.
Posted ImagePosted Image

We haven't measured to see the exact height difference, but it's obvious enough for me to ask:
Anyone want to buy a centerfeed breech? :P
I realize that the PMP adapter plus the feedneck is more than a center feed breech. Cost was not the issue. We were going for functionality. It well succeeds.

Aloha, Doug and Deb
:hawaiian:

This post has been edited by dougdeb: 11 June 2008 - 11:22 PM

If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#2 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:58 PM

Nice. How sturdy is it with say the heaviest hopper you have at home with paint. You may not be running a halo but I'm curious as it's strength.

#3 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

you should just remove the hardline and put a macro fitting into the valve and run it straight to the ASA. It'd look cleaner IMO.

Good review Doug/Deb! I think if I ever get an OC Phantom, this'd be the way to go.

The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:29 PM

Very Nice.... is sexy time [/Borat voice]
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:09 PM

Sorry for the shortness. I was writing this w/ 2 screaming kids downstairs that I needed to tend to. ;)
Couple of answers - the adapter piece is actually ION/IMPULSE threaded. The Spyder reference above was the clear (smoke) feedneck.
Unfortunately, the heaviest hopper I have at home right now is the supershot. We've shipped out Halo/VlJr to the East Coast in preparation for our move. We are taking it to the field on Saturday and I'll borrow one of my buddy's HALOs and let you know. I have no reason to be concerned though. :)
Sparta - the problem with running the macro straight to the asa is that the macro crosses over the grip and gets in the way. She's a lefty so things like that really bother her. I prefer running through the verticle adapter and hardline. Personal preference, the joys of phantoms, the wonderous variety.
Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,

#6 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:18 PM

ahhhh.... I didn't know Deb was a lefty... that makes sense... On second thought the current config isn't all that bad...

I like the review because it's concise, but not lacking detail. A picture is worth a thousand words, and you have six. That's pretty much a novel right there.

The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#7 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

Edited it for clarity.
Aloha, Doug

#8 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:34 PM

Score 1 for the lefties! ;)

But awesome review doug. The PMP block looks really spiffy. :)
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#9 User is offline   In My Sights 

• By the Power of Greyskull...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:In My Sights

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:42 AM

Great reference pictures... I have been looking at these for a while.

#10 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:05 AM

I think I'm going to have to do this when I get a Phantom. The pics tell us everything great job!

#11 User is offline   Chefdave 

• Karate Monkey Deathcar
  • PipPip

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:12 AM

Just a note.

Some hoppers can slip right over the stock CF feed neck and be secured with a hose clamp eliminating the need to use a straight "elbow".

#12 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:16 AM

looks very spunky...gawd i hate Open Class Phantom though..because the hopper weighs more than he dang gun and its so awkward...
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   In My Sights 

• By the Power of Greyskull...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:In My Sights

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:30 AM

View PostChefdave, on Jun 12 2008, 12:12 PM, said:

Just a note.

Some hoppers can slip right over the stock CF feed neck and be secured with a hose clamp eliminating the need to use a straight "elbow".

Good point. I have found that the Winchester, BE pocket hopper and BE ammo box design will slip right over the feedneck. But they do require a little trimming or cleaning up of the ID and a little push.

This post has been edited by In My Sights: 12 June 2008 - 09:31 AM

#14 User is offline   doubleshot 

• Yeah I put up with Doug...I'm not sure why
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:doubleshot

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:06 AM

View PostIn My Sights, on Jun 12 2008, 06:30 AM, said:

View PostChefdave, on Jun 12 2008, 12:12 PM, said:

Just a note.

Good point. I have found that the Winchester, BE pocket hopper and BE ammo box design will slip right over the feedneck. But they do require a little trimming or cleaning up of the ID and a little push.

we have a BE pocket hopper and a Winchester (as seen in the photos) and neither of them would fit over our CF neck...we were going to try to "strech" the neck of the Winchester, but we decided that this was a better option...especially now that we know how well it works and how nice it looks! :dry:

Aloha,
Deb

Markers are kind of like Harleys...if you haven't customized it to make it your own...you probably just haven't saved up the $$ yet

#15 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:46 AM

The Winchesters that we got have really thin feed necks and we didn't think that they could be stretched/shaved enough to fit the breech without splitting or compromising the integrity. That's why we didn't try that. I know that the older center feed breeches seem to have thinner feed necks than the current ones. It's all about what works for you.
Aloha, Doug

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users