• You cannot reply to this topic

Padded shorts? Give me your take

#1 User is offline   DonnCath 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DonnCath

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

I have never been lucky with paintball pants. That said, regular marpat/acu pants mean welts in a CQB. So, I'm looking for a good pair of those padded shorts, so that I can have protection, and still change patterns if I like. The main thing is I hate wearing a cup, so I want some mega cushion in the crotch, not just a "cup holder". I haven't had any experience with any, what's your take?

#2 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

Most paintball slider shorts, like the Dye ones I own, don't use a cup- they use lots of padding to keep the boys safe. I'd recommend them as a solution to your "protection" needs. Slider shorts are pretty comfortable, provide padded protection to other body parts (hips, thighs, butt) for not only paintball shots, but impact and friction from sliding (hence the name), and are a good investment if you're tired of welts and nut-shots. ;)
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#3 User is offline   kook 

• leet as the street
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

Most paintball pants have padding around the crotch along with the zipper and Velcro which makes it a pretty stiff section of cloth. I've been hit directly in the crotch before several times and never felt a thing. (although my luck is probably running out)

If anything, you should get slider shorts for hip protection

This post has been edited by kook: 26 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

My SpecOps Feedback

Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#4 User is offline   DonnCath 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DonnCath

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

Thats what I'm saying - paintball pants dont work for me. For a variety of reasons, shorts would be great. So... Dye? Who makes a great pair that will last me awhile?
Re: Nut shots, the next time I take one, I'm bonusballing a hopper full! I HATE nut shots lol

Thanks guys

#5 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't consider PB pants to be enough when standing. Well, not my Proto 08s. There is padding, and although I've never taken a nut shot I would expect one to hurt a lot with just the pants.

Oh, and most nut shots are accidental. I've only shot one person in the nuts and it was just an unlucky shot for the guy. It was with my Phantom and he was rushing my bunker, so I just snapped out and shot for center of mass, and I guess I was a little low. He collapsed, I apologized and he walked off. Unless they have a grudge on you I don't think any guy would do that to another on purpose. We all know the pain.

This post has been edited by slowerpig81: 26 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users