Special Ops Paintball: dangerous power pressure measuring device - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

dangerous power pressure measuring device Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CON*RAD 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 514
  • Joined: 04-June 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana
  • Brigade Name:CON*RAD

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

Well, I was looking around today at paintball companies and noticed that DP made a "pressure measuring device". They pattened it of coarse because it is the first that is located on the rear part of the marker. I realised that cci also has rear pressure measuring device. Did they copy cci or is this a different concept? I suppose its a new concept that could revolutionize paintball.

If this is not news please tell me and we can move this. Here is a link to DP's site though,


http://www.dangerouspower.com/
AGD- "because quality always shoots straight"

pump player

SOUP
0

#2 User is offline   Lomarandil 

  • SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,181
  • Joined: 18-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pueblo / Golden, CO
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

CCI used it first.. if their only real claim on the patent is it's location, any good patent judge should throw it out.

Oh wait.. good patent judge? LOL!

Lo

0

#3 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

  • My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 04-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abilene, KS

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

I believe Bob Long has a LPR pressure measuring device that goes on the rear of the marker as well.
0

#4 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

The F8 PMD (pressure measuring device) is in the front... Google it cus I'm too lazy to get a picture.

I don't really see the point of it... a rear mounted game timer would be much cooler, and it'd have to be able to use sound to tell you when a certain amount of time is left..
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

#5 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

  • My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 04-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abilene, KS

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

I don't see the point of having a guage on the front where you can't see it either. That doesn't make much sense to me.

*EDIT*Thread on the nation So I guess it is on the back. That makes a little more sense.

This post has been edited by ghost93: 15 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

0

#6 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:51 AM

View Postghost93, on Aug 16 2008, 02:33 AM, said:

I don't see the point of having a guage on the front where you can't see it either. That doesn't make much sense to me.

*EDIT*Thread on the nation So I guess it is on the back. That makes a little more sense.


F8 one is on the front, G3 is on the back.

http://i29.tinypic.com/ic00w1.jpg

Whats the point of knowing what pressure is going into your marker anyways? Or is this just to let you know if say your tank reg breaks and it spikes horribly?
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

#7 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

  • My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 04-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abilene, KS

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:11 AM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on Aug 16 2008, 02:51 AM, said:

View Postghost93, on Aug 16 2008, 02:33 AM, said:

I don't see the point of having a guage on the front where you can't see it either. That doesn't make much sense to me.

*EDIT*Thread on the nation So I guess it is on the back. That makes a little more sense.


F8 one is on the front, G3 is on the back.

http://i29.tinypic.com/ic00w1.jpg

Whats the point of knowing what pressure is going into your marker anyways? Or is this just to let you know if say your tank reg breaks and it spikes horribly?

So you can tell if your reg creeps or spikes. Pretty much its not really needed but it helps sometimes.
0

#8 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

  • Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 725
  • Joined: 11-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Diego
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:55 AM

Having a gauge on a spoolie will let you know about reg creeps and spikes, which like ghost said, is useful, but not needed.

Having a gauge on a poppet gun is very important, but only for the output of the low pressure regulator. Bob Longs have them on the side of the LPR block. This lets you know how much pressure you are sending to your ram. You can fine tune it with your dwell to improve efficiency, cycling rate, and other factors. Then the HPR is used to adjust velocity. I'd say it's mandatory on a GOOD poppet gun.
0

#9 User is offline   super_stalker 

  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 985
  • Joined: 21-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ephrata, WA

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

The A1 uses them as well. Though I woulden't want to play with them :(
One of a kind pump mag F/S/T Open AND stock class capable.

"The knockdown power is approximately equal to, but not greater than that of a small Spanish child being hurled through a stove door at around 1,500ft ASL with a 5 knot crosswind on thursday, 31 degrees celcius, with 56% humidity."-FrozenCarnitas.
0

#10 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

View PostC9H13NO3, on Aug 16 2008, 02:55 PM, said:

Having a gauge on a spoolie will let you know about reg creeps and spikes, which like ghost said, is useful, but not needed.

Having a gauge on a poppet gun is very important, but only for the output of the low pressure regulator. Bob Longs have them on the side of the LPR block. This lets you know how much pressure you are sending to your ram. You can fine tune it with your dwell to improve efficiency, cycling rate, and other factors. Then the HPR is used to adjust velocity. I'd say it's mandatory on a GOOD poppet gun.


Except that an F8 doesn't have a LPR...

I guess it might be useful since the reg on the f8 (and g3 I think) is known to break the reg seat easily and creep...

This post has been edited by d4rkmonkey: 16 August 2008 - 03:32 PM

Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

#11 User is offline   CON*RAD 

  • Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 514
  • Joined: 04-June 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana
  • Brigade Name:CON*RAD

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

So did DP pull a Smartparts move And copy a design that was already out and call it their own? Or is this different from how sp does buisness? Im confused :)
AGD- "because quality always shoots straight"

pump player

SOUP
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users