Special Ops Paintball: Stupidest/ Most Pointless Things you've ever heard - Special Ops Paintball

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stupidest/ Most Pointless Things you've ever heard Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   Ronin055 

• Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ronin055

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:56 PM

I wasnt just talking about your comment, it was just the final one that set me off. there were all the ones before hand about the heavy guys playing, and about people with milsim gear etc. And Yet, yes, yours was about the stupidest thing ever and it was pistols. Read what you wrote. And still I stand by what I said. But now your all defensive cause I was offended by what you said.

Whoa, take a deep breath and calm down. I don't think that me saying a pistol is stupid will breed intolerance. This is just an open discussion, and I feel that pistols are useless. If you don't agree with me fine, but don't say that I am intolerant, and that I judge people. I simply think that pistols are an unnecessary thing that just adds weight.

and yet you clearly said

Personally, I think that one of the stupidest things on the paintball field is carrying around a pistol "just in case". Who honestly drops their primary marker and whips out a pistol. Now using a pistol as their primary, or even a small pump and a pistol, is completely reasonable. I am talking about the guy with the 30lb a5 with a remote line, plus a pistol.

nah your not intolerant. Im jus the stupidest thing youve ever seen on the paintball field. So I guess I should be sorry, that Im offended Directly by what you said.

But there were others. Yours was just the final straw like I said.

Oh man, I love those huge guys that have to string two ghillies together to fit in it, then lay in the short grass and somehow think they won't be seen.

And then this one

Lol. I know you say that jokingly, the sad part is I know a guy like that. shemagh ( I use mine as a wipe rag now...), one drop leg holster for the Zeus he never uses and another for 3 pods, Green laser, Flashlight, ACOG with the piggyback reddot, and an IR laz. and a RAP4 M203 Simulator that didn't even look impressive, let alone shoot for anything.

Vest of course had about 4 pods, the rest of it was 'tactical' gear. Radios (2), Grenades (smoke, paint, and a "thumper" noise grenade), Hydro carrier (one of the condor ones that affix to MOLLE webbing), Zipcuffs, Electrical tape hanging off a carabiner off his shoulder, and a fold-out first-aid kit with things mostly useless for paintball but looked really cool (he actually got in trouble for that and had to remove it).

Wore the full Multicam BDUs in 90 degree heat with 100% humidity, Sweated like a pig most of the time, and is usually the first heat casualty at games. Ah well, he's still better than the 450lb 'sniper' in the ghillie and with the 24" barrel on his spyder.

sure the gear may sound excesive, but if hes having fun, then so what? And the 450lb guy found a way that he thinks he can play the game and fill a roll. Nice, but its not good enough for you I guess.

Judge em till they quit playing and go Home. That 'ill make paintball a better place.
Keven Cecil

Reno Pursuit Gamers Check out our Site for Northern Nevada paintball Games.

"Gun... Sword, we all die the same." Toshiro Mifune in Red Sun with Charles Bronson.

#47 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dýoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

See, I stopped using a Tippmann, and haven't had a marker go down on the field since :laugh:

And As for ghillies: I've snuck up on people with a red mask and blue jeans on. I've ambushed people with a red mask, maroon shirt (Go Commonwealth!), and bright blue marker.

Pistols: Useless, can be fun to play with as a primary
Ghillies: even more useless, and hotter than hell to boot.

This post has been edited by ike123: 23 August 2009 - 07:19 PM

Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#48 User is offline   101coolkid 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:101coolkid

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

Enough with the flaming, i dont want one of my threads to get locked :(

YOu both have a point, but I think that theend has the right to his opinion. he can say what he wants, and if you dont like it, just look at another topic.

and Ronic is also right, people can play with whatever they want to have fun. what they were intending is that it doesn't necessarily have a very pracical meaning in most cases. but it does provide a challenge. In a way, you can say the same thing about pumps- they provide a challenge, but it would always be easier and more "practical" (quots can help avoid arguments :))to use a semi or electro.

Now, back on topic... something i saw a few days ago. A guy buys a mini, a carbon fiber hpa tank, (68ci 4500 pure energy) and a vl 200... I hope hes just buying it to fool around, or till he gets a decent hopper, cause that would be an awful waste of 600$.

and also, i really hate barrel plugs... they aren't too common (or are they O_o) but they are these plastic things you stick in your barrel. they have little [lastic tags on the end... but they have no advantage over barrel covers, and they just screw up your barrel every time you accidentally shoot. with a barrel cover you at least have a chance of catching the ball. and unless its really, really loose, its not less safe.
Proud Ion owner

When i shoot, it sounds like I modded my gun to shoot on uncapped full auto :P

#49 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:37 PM

View PostTheEnd, on Aug 22 2009, 04:20 PM, said:

Wow...wall of text...fun fest.

1) This is the internet, get over it.
2) If your gun is well maintained it shouldn't be going down on you. Plus with a giant air tank like that you shouldn't really be running out of air either. There are fill stations for a reason.

#50 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CapnStank

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

My friends have had some notoriously long guns that suck in 'hand to hand' situations... they drop their primary to run the pistol to be quicker, snap faster, and snag less.
"Watch out for the guy with the pump, they tend to hit their target."
My BST Feedback: +3/0

#51 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

View Postike123, on Aug 23 2009, 07:17 PM, said:

Ghillies: even more useless, and hotter than hell to boot.

Also, most/all fields I play say "If you're shot wearing a Ghillie, even if it bounces, you're out." And when the sumo wrestler is laying in the middle of the open being "73h 1337 5n1p3r", he gets dropped quick. I've seen some people be very deadly on a paintball field, wearing ghillies. I've seen just as many people almost die of heat stroke and do absolutely no good for their team. The first groups are awesome, the second group are stupid/pointless.

And 21" barrels need to be banned...except on project markers (My friend got a 21" tip for his CP kit because he's making a Mil-Sim RPD out of his A5, and the 21" looks right for the project).
I do love the kids with the 21" barrels on the Spyder Rodeos and Imagines in the woods. I've seen two barrels like that get broken on a tree when the kid tried to turn too fast (one of them was a kid I was flanking. He was maybe 11, and started getting really upset because he couldn't play, so I gave him a J&J Ceramic from one of my old guns and told him "Never buy a barrel over 16" ever again")

So maybe we just need to teach these silly/pointless people the error of their ways.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#52 User is offline   Jakepants 

• avatars are for fancy people, which I am not.
  • Pip

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:40 AM

Elitists.
Pump elitists, electric elitists, woods elitists, 7-man elitists, x-ball elitists, pants, jersey, pack, goggle elitists.

You're not better then me until you prove it on the field.
And even then, you'd better run up on me or something.

Though, once I was told by a new kid that I had impaled my old school matrix with the breech screw.
I /facepalmed pretty hard.
I am ethrealwolf's little brother.
Yes, he really is that angry every day.

The Champ is here.

#53 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:20 AM

This is your only warning...

#54 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:30 AM

View PostJakepants, on Aug 24 2009, 03:40 AM, said:

Though, once I was told by a new kid that I had impaled my old school matrix with the breech screw.
I /facepalmed pretty hard.

oh jeeze. I still think my favorite "stupid kid" moment is the one where the kid brought that gorgeous red to black annoed dragon timmy up to me with a 20oz CO2 tank screwed into it and complained about how his gun wouldn't work.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#55 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

IMO, and not trying to offend anyone, Ghillie suits, IF USED PROPERLY, can be awesome! I think they have to have some purpose if the Special Ops Factory team always used them and used them amazingly. Have some people forgotten what forum they are on? Special Ops. The guys that love "Snipers" and "Ghillie Suits". That make awesome "Sniper" products.

Maybe most people have not seen a legit sniper using a ghillie suit, because I know about 75% of the people I see using them, don't know what they are doing.

This was all in IMHO.

#56 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

i love the kids that think they're rambo and run straight down the open field trying to "get position" and get shot out right after the game starts...i like them even more after you take them aside and say, "hey man, wait for your team..." and they do it again and can't figure out why they keep getting shot out first.

or the kids that try and shoot you from miles away and can't figure out why they're not hitting you...had this happen yesterday, "I don't know how we didn't hit you..." "You were too far away...the balls were bouncing and rolling past me..." "No way...we should've hit you at least 50 times..." "If I thought you could hit me, I would have covered up or ran to cover instead of being a decoy and letting my team move in and take you out." "Oh."
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#57 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

I think all I have to say about ghillie is my sig by quoting another forum member. :P
Member of Team Akkadian

#58 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:54 AM

I dont like it when people go round sayin'
"look at the 12/13 year old with a 09/brand new Luxe/Dye/Ego/Bob long, that his Mom/Dad bought him."

Honestly, I have yet to see a young kid with anything more expensive then a Invert Mini.

to me that just sounds stupid, becuase what 13 year old has 1700$, I know I didnt so it would be obvious that someone else funded him right?

#59 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:11 AM

View PostEskimo, on Aug 25 2009, 06:54 AM, said:

I dont like it when people go round sayin'
"look at the 12/13 year old with a 09/brand new Luxe/Dye/Ego/Bob long, that his Mom/Dad bought him."

Honestly, I have yet to see a young kid with anything more expensive then a Invert Mini.

to me that just sounds stupid, becuase what 13 year old has 1700$, I know I didnt so it would be obvious that someone else funded him right?

And you know what? As long as the kid is respectful and a normal human being, good for him.

Here's a semi-related issued to what you mentioned.

I'm not overly bothered by it (largely because it often has a good cause), but the whole hate-the-kid-who-has-rich-parents thing is kind of irritating.

By all means, hate on the kids with no respect, no skills, and need a good lesson in manners and in taking care of their gear. But don't just because they happen to have nicer gear than the rental Tippmann. For all you know, his father's playing that day too, and lending out his other marker to his kid.

That's always been my policy, and indeed, the "for all you know" scenario has been true for me on more than one occasion.

Now, it doesn't bug me much, because stereotypically the kids with higher end gear they didn't pay for often happen to be the same as the kids who need the manners/attitude adjustment. It's not the gear though, it's the failure of parents teaching their kid to behave like a human being, and that failure can happen regardless of what gear the kid is using.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 25 August 2009 - 07:13 AM

Member of Team Akkadian

#60 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

good call thalion...
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)