• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACU Vs Multicam in Woods

#1 User is offline   SubMiler 

• Pistolero
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

Not mine, but this just gives you a quick comparison on ACU and Multicam.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   redarmy27 

• Get a good look now, you won't see me later.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:redarmy27

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

Nice post. I'm kind of torn between the two. Not sure which I like better.
"I think I'm going to make a broad patent on "crap". Then SP will have to pay me royalties for every marker they make." -JerseyPaint

98% of Teens today have smoked Pot. Only 2% have not. If you are one of the 1% that think these Statistics are bogus... put this in your signature!
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
~~Put this in your sig if you are a christian baller~~

My feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...'s+feedback

#3 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:53 PM

Very nice. I like it. It's pretty clear that, in that sort of terrain, neither works that well. The multicam is just. . .blah. The color mismatch is pretty obvious, and it makes it stand out. The ACU, although it has even a greater color difference, works as well or better because its color scheme matches colors commonly found in nature in materials like rocks, tree trunks, or stumps (even better, since this solid cover instead of soft cover). While you can make either work well from a pure camo perspective, I would choose the ACU because it looks more natural against raised objects. The multicam works better if you're laying in the low grass (which it matches fairly well), but if you're crouched or in an otherwise raised position, the eye would pick out that those shades don't belong at that height. The ACU, however, if half obscured by a bush, would appear to be a tree trunk, stump, or rock. The fact that it reflects light better also helps hide the person's shape. Try to picture what you'd see if they were crouching in their current locations. I'd prefer the ACU camo.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#4 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:02 PM

i really like neither, but our team is going with multicam, i don't really care, cuz as one of my fellow teamate stated, looking alike with uniforms is only half the battle, as we demostrated this shortly after defeating a team just wearing the same exsact things and alike with one another for image, but as far as comparison goes, i'm caught in between but like the acu better

This post has been edited by DZ Unit-1: 25 October 2007 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#5 User is offline   worm1 

• the gasman is here
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:worm#1

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:10 PM

to me, the acu seems to stand out less in the woods. that, and i think that stuff is really cool looking. hope i can eventually get some :P
<div><div id="zunecard_small" class="zunecard"></div><div><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://zcards.zune.net/xweb/lx/swf/zunecardmedium.swf" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fzcards.zune.net%2fzcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3flcid%3d1033%26src%3dexternal%26zunetag%3dlegit%2bhadock" height="135" width="250"></div><div></div></div>

#6 User is offline   Joint Fury Balz 

• JF Plankowner
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:35 PM

ACU = Moon Camo

#7 User is offline   LcplSchmiz 

• Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LcplSchmiz

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:52 PM

View PostJoint Fury Balz, on Oct 26 2007, 01:35 AM, said:

ACU = Moon Camo

Exactly.

For what your pictures that you posted. Go with the multi cam or a MARPAT woodland. ACU's theory is one camo to blend into everything, which it don't. WI woods and ACU doesn't even come close even at ranged distances. ACU's are pretty good up here in the woods for winter games, they blend with the pines and snow cover pretty good (if they added a gray or brown it would be awesome).

Remember get the camo that blends into your area for each season. Example Location: Wisconsin seasons, Spring: Marpat woodland, Summer Woodland BDU (or old school woodland), Fall Marpat Woodland top with Marpat Desert pants, Winter ACU top and Snow white bottoms (or complete Urban)

No Camo will work for all seasons unless your in a area like SoCal/Nevada/and area. Even Alaska has a green season and a white season.

Quick edit: I can see the ACU guy sticking out in 2 to 3 pics.

This post has been edited by LcplSchmiz: 25 October 2007 - 11:54 PM

#8 User is offline   chappy350 

• The General
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chappy350

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:55 AM

I personally use MARPAT, it works the absolute best in the woods. However if your going between urban and woods and grasslands and a dozen other patterns in one day then Multicam is the way to go. My co-captain wears multicam and swears by the stuff, it actually works pretty amazing, but you gotta get the real multicam made by Crye, the cheap stuff doesn't look anything like the real deal. In my opinion ACU was designed for urban and thats the only place it does any good, i can pick ACU out in the woods everytime even if they aren't moving.

This post has been edited by chappy350: 26 October 2007 - 05:56 AM

www.Arctrooperspaintball.com
Scenario Team Supply
www.battlefrontpaintball.com

#9 User is offline   Joint Fury Balz 

• JF Plankowner
  • PipPip

Posted 26 October 2007 - 07:22 AM

ACU exists because someone knows someone, not because it's right for the job. It's the same reason our troops still used steel/ceramic plates in their body armor and not Dragon Skin. (look it up on youtube)

I wear Crye MC in the spring and fall and USMC issue Marpat in the summer up here in the NorthEast. Like the man said, there's no one answer...

...unless you play on the moon :rolleyes:

#10 User is offline   RPGDAWG 

• Ride Or Die Son
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2007 - 09:48 AM

Chappy is absolutely correct.

I've used both ACU and multicam and I now only use Multicam.

I play at various types of environments, woods, urban, marsh and so forth type fields all over the country so Multicam works great in all the areas I need.

Marpat is the best for thick green woods.. but multicam is not far behind at all.

For versitility in all type of game environments.. Multicam is the way to go.

#11 User is offline   chappy350 

• The General
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chappy350

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:24 AM

View PostRPGDAWG, on Oct 26 2007, 09:48 AM, said:

Chappy is absolutely correct.

I've used both ACU and multicam and I now only use Multicam.

I play at various types of environments, woods, urban, marsh and so forth type fields all over the country so Multicam works great in all the areas I need.

Marpat is the best for thick green woods.. but multicam is not far behind at all.

For versitility in all type of game environments.. Multicam is the way to go.

Multicam was actualy developed for the "Future soldier" program, it was intended to replace the standard woodland camo, however the goverment being what it is you had to have more then one design in the competion, hence ACU was developed. When it comes down to brass tax the ACU costs about half as much to make hence our boys gets whats cheaper, not whats better.
www.Arctrooperspaintball.com
Scenario Team Supply
www.battlefrontpaintball.com

#12 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:14 PM

I haven't used multicam. I own ACU and MCCUU (MARPAT, official USMC issue). I have used the ACU only once. When I did it was so effective it shocked the crap outta me. The MCCUU is also very good. I would trade neither for the world.

I ended up on the 6 o'clock position and bagged the whole team.

It will appear as "moon camo" in urban settings. I feel that has alot to do with the lighting in that environment.

What I have noticed is the dirtier you get the ACU and the fact that you never use soap with color brighteners (Some of you guys that are in the military will know what I'm talking about) with any military issue digital camo, the better it will perform.

If you use optical brighteners (There's the term I was looking for) it will hurt digital camo's performance. I know it says it will ruin the IR ability if you use it but I wouldn't be surprised if it had a bearing on the optical performance of the camo it's self.

ACU will work if you take care of it and you learn to use it right. I've actually come to like my ACUs performance just as much as my MCCUUs. I'm also proud to know I can use camo that most people seem to complain about and use it well.

My set up is made to look like a Ghost Recon uniform. I even have the patch and the fun part is that it's made in the ACU camo pattern. I have the Army SF patches on the other side and the name patches and I also have a rank patch of Major in honor of my Great Aunt who served as a Army Nurse in Vietnam.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#13 User is offline   Young (ODA-271) 

• 18 Zulu - Operations Sergeant
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ODA-271

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:43 PM

I was a huge fan of MARPAT forever! I initially hated it when they first made us switch our cammies. I was one of those "wait till the last minute" guys in changing cammies when the order came down from the battalion commander. I just didn't see the point. They eventually grew on me though and I liked them more and more.

Now I tend to like ACU. Although I disagree with the concept of a "one size fits all cammie" (meaning one pattern for all environments)... the pattern is actually decent regardless of lighting.

Never used Multicam... so I can't attest to its' pro's or con's. But the pattern you displayed doesn't look the same as some of the photos I've seen (yours seems darker). Like this:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Young (ODA-271): 26 October 2007 - 05:54 PM

Operational Detachment Alpha - 271
Colorado Scenario Paintball Team

#14 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:57 PM

Yeah my ACU is much lighter. It's also Army issued and used.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#15 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:00 PM

Multicam looks like it has better performance in the woods than the ACU but ACU is nice for urban and u can also use it to hide in ur house so ur mom cant make u eat vegetables

-X

Attached File(s)

Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users