• You cannot reply to this topic

To all fill station operators They tell you to wear gloves.... they mean it

#16 User is offline   ~PUMA~ 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:~PUMA~

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:53 PM

Very good advice. Wear gloves. And you might not want to lick a tank that is frozen over like that... and don't rip it off... it hurts alot.

#17 User is offline   B-boo 

• Behold the Proteus.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:B-Boo

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:24 PM

View Postslowerpig81, on Nov 2 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

Well, unless this happened when you were unscrewing the tank, if you had it on a scale, it would not have been in contact with your hand. Too many PB fields do not use scales and fill it by ear, it really doens't take that long. all you need is a old spring scale, not a digital, and just look how much the needle moves when you fill it, it's just as fast and safer.

I was using a scale, but the tank failed while it was filling, it was just a quick instinct to grab the tank before it hit the ground and I did that before turning off the main tank. I know it was stupid and I have definitely learned my lesson.
"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, others achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."- William Shakespeare

PTI Certified Basic Airsmith #2773 : UE Paintball Club Member

#18 User is offline   B-boo 

• Behold the Proteus.
  • PipPip

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on Sep 30 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

Like Aussie said, if you have it happen again, or have it happen to someone you know, put it in WARM water (NOT HOT) and let the tank separate from your hand. It's A LOT less painful. I had this happen to me one time. Luckily I thought before I ripped the tank off and found some warm water.

I wish I could have done that but, the tank was still connected to an ACTIVE fill station that was filling and emptying the tank at the same time and I had not time to think before it happened! Man I wish I would have done that though the warm water would have been cake to the raw skin!
"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, others achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."- William Shakespeare

#19 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:46 PM

View PostB-boo, on Nov 3 2008, 05:24 PM, said:

View Postslowerpig81, on Nov 2 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

Well, unless this happened when you were unscrewing the tank, if you had it on a scale, it would not have been in contact with your hand. Too many PB fields do not use scales and fill it by ear, it really doens't take that long. all you need is a old spring scale, not a digital, and just look how much the needle moves when you fill it, it's just as fast and safer.

I was using a scale, but the tank failed while it was filling, it was just a quick instinct to grab the tank before it hit the ground and I did that before turning off the main tank. I know it was stupid and I have definitely learned my lesson.

Were you using a scale that had the tank hanging, or sitting on it? I guess the tank failure might have violent enough to be knocked off a hook too. I see now.

#20 User is offline   B-boo 

• Behold the Proteus.
  • PipPip

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:46 AM

Were you using a scale that had the tank hanging, or sitting on it? I guess the tank failure might have violent enough to be knocked off a hook too. I see now.

Yeah It was a hanging scale that was why I had to grab it so fast and it was a 20 oz and it was pretty violent!

#21 User is offline   roflmywaffles 

• RoflMyWaffles
  • PipPip

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

yea... gloves ftw?
205 BrowniePoints!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic