Special Ops Paintball: Jogging/Sprinting/Training? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jogging/Sprinting/Training? What do you guys do to keep in shape? Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:06 PM

Jump rope, was voted the #1 cardio exercise. You can build more muscle and have better cardio than running. Running will mainly only increase your lung endurance and will help with muscle, but not as much as you might think. You could jump rope for 10 minutes straight and do about as much work as running for 30-1hr.

This post has been edited by the hittmann: 22 February 2008 - 04:06 PM

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

#47 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

View Postthe hittmann, on Feb 22 2008, 06:06 PM, said:

Jump rope, was voted the #1 cardio exercise. You can build more muscle and have better cardio than running. Running will mainly only increase your lung endurance and will help with muscle, but not as much as you might think. You could jump rope for 10 minutes straight and do about as much work as running for 30-1hr.

Yea. I can believe that, but here is the problem. Jogging, while it doesn't build muscle, burns the least amount of muscle/protien

High intensity stuff like jump rope & sprinting burns muscle to keep up with energy needs.

I say interval training is best. Like jump rope for 5 minutes then jog slowly for 10 and then repeat.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#48 User is offline   dogstile 

• who knew that i would become the local legend?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dogstile

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:54 PM

do a circuit, run from one spot to another and back for 30 seconds, then jump rope for 30 seconds, then (big guns now because i'm out of ideas) do push ups

it builds up fast, and also makes your body adapt quicker
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"if you love paintball more then your relatives, put this in your sig"
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"

#49 User is offline   adrenaLine 

• Team adrenaLine
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:adrenaLine a.k.a godSend

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

I am on the swim team, and play baseball. Swimming is excellent with endurance, and you use a large variety of muscles, especially if you mix certain strokes. Front crawl, breast stroke, back stroke, and butterfly (two arms, w/ dolphin kick). Baseball is just something to keep you busy, and you run a lot. Circuit training, lift lighter weights, more reps, maintaining a target heart rate for 15-30 minutes. Simply running is also good. Do push ups, ab workouts. Those are excellent for building your strength, and burn fat. Being flexible, making sure you stretch before and after working out, will also help you get up your speed and muscle endurance.
Team Adrenaline

PM for sniper assistance.
Dagger/Commander- Telling the team what to do, then showing them how it's done.

#50 User is offline   light-u-up 

• Everybody needs seizures!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:light-u-up

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:34 PM

I just do sports. I like paintball. But football is the #1 sports priority. Other than football I do indoor and outdoor track to stay in shape and to make myself better for football. Workout regularly 4-6 times a week. Every Tues-Thurs indefinitly. Everyother week I get in monday and friday in there to. As soon as I can drive, I'll be working out everyday that I'm at school. Then once school is over I have a week off. During that week I'm hitting up BC football camp for 3 days. Then the up coming monday Football workouts start at school, which is made up of lifting and running. I stay active all year. So I'm generally always at top performance. Then I ball.

#51 User is offline   Chaos Fiend 

• :)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:|GEARHEAD|

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

well, personally I'm kinda lucky, but at the same time unlucky when it comes to conditioning. I play collegiate sports so with my team I have 2hr practices 6 days a week except on game days. I also to keep up with the competition lift weights 4-5 days a week (for about 2hrs at a time, no less) and run about 4 days a week for 30min-hr (generally 4-8 miles). Now one thing that has helped me as an overall player though but also as a front man has been my reflex work. I'm a lacrosse goalie, so I have to be quick and explosive. I don't know how many times I've been opened up on/ambushed and because the first shot missed I had time to get cover and situate myself. another thing that can help you a ton is to practice sliding techniques and to practice running from bunker to bunker as quick as possible and put pop cans behind each one and work on your shot on the run and your bunkering technique.
"I dont like brass so I guess I am good to go." -Jiu jitsu fighter. "Communist." -Tu Padre
Pump Player #113 My Feedback +27/-0

#52 User is offline   Anti-Hero13 

• Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:kimmle

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

wrestling and jogging keeps me in pretty good shape
aut viam inveniam aut faciam- I'll either find a way or make one

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic