Droid/Android Thread Google FTW Rate Topic: -----

#151 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:LoD

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

View PostLegato, on 20 July 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

Root doesn't go bad. You installed an app or update that is messing with your phone. Find out what you installed or updated since this has been happening and uninstall it. If you just did an OS or firmware upgrade this could definitely be the cause of it.

Errors from widgets usually means you have them saved to the SD card and not on the phone where they belong. If you place them on the SD card when your phone boots it can't find them, so they error out. You MUST save widgets to the phones internal memory.

Bah... It's been doing this for a couple of months now.. Was just too lazy to deal with it.. I don't think I've done any OS or firmware upgrades... I didn't think root would even allow OTA OS updates? No idea what could have caused it... Bah. My accelerometer doesn't work anymore either. Screen doesn't rotate when I rotate the phone..

As for the widgets... How do you install widgets to the internal memory? Don't they go off of where the app was installed?

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#152 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

They go where the app was installed, but some people put them on their memory card to save space, which you shouldnt do. You would fail an OS OTA upgrade if you modified files. Just being root no, i have gone from root to OTA without issue, you just lose root status.

have you tried backing up your apps with Titanium backup then doing a factory reset/data wipe? that fixes most glitches, just means you need to re setup the phone. But if you use Titanium backup, you apps and data will be saved with them, so you won't have to put all your app settings back the way you wanted

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#153 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

Sweet, went to verizon today, got a military discount (yes I have been lazy) and changed my plan. I will still have my unlimited data, just not unlimited minutes.. Shoulda changed that long ago...

#154 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

RESURRECTION!

So, my Xperia X10 has been updated to Gingerbread and is now out of warranty. For the last few weeks the battery has been dropping the charge, 20% after a boot. Did some poking around and found out I may need to recalibrate it. Perfect time to root.

So, now it's rooted. Waiting to calibrate.

What are some "must have" apps for a rooted phone?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#155 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

wireless tether

shootme

titanium backup

superuser

#156 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Root explorer. AdFree. Autostarts or tasker. ROM manager/Clockwork recovery mod

Sent from my Microwave using Tapatalk and super heated water molecules
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#157 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

I was too pissed off to post but by phone is gone. It died and was replaced with a Nokia E5 with Symbian. Man does it suck. My contract won't let me get a new phone until Christmas of this year.

I'm planning on the Samsung Galaxy Note. The wife wants one too.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#158 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Woot! We have the Galaxy note now! LOVING IT!

Yeah it's size takes a bit of getting used to but since I like to read the larger screen is great. I'm wanting to get a GelaSkin, wife wants an Otterbox.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users