• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HPA Advice for an X7 Setup Where to go from here? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

I have an X7. I run CO2 and a Remote. Since I am tired of paying for CO2 files, I was thinking of going to HPA. My concern is that it seems that you need a HUGE tank to get nearly the same amount of shots as a CO2 bottle. We were playing last week and were able to get just a bit over two games in before we ran out of CO2.

My brother and I were shooting about 400-500 shots a 25 minute game.

I have a UTG vest, my brother has a SO vest (but he wants to change to my UTG style vest).

What is the biggest bottle we can get that will fit that and will it provide enough air for a full game?

Yea, I know it sounds like we were spraying and praying, but we with a bunch of current and ex military guys (brother is ex-military) and we were dominating the field so much that they finally put us 7 against 60 on the other team. Total blast to play using shoot and scoot tactics with military guys who want to win and willing to work together to flank.

We did lose sometimes, but we also won a couple of games with that type of teams. The funniest part was when they first set the team up like that the other side was complaining. After the first game, they begged for the refs to set up the game like that so they could "kill" us. I'll tell you there is no adrenaline rush like being under heavy fire and constantly having to move and work with your team to get to the "safety of the fort" while everyone is gunning for you.

This post has been edited by Tim Burton: 30 November 2008 - 11:31 PM

#2 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:28 PM

Bump for this Q:

What is the biggest bottle we can get that will fit a vest pouch and will it provide enough air for a full game?

This post has been edited by Tim Burton: 01 December 2008 - 11:28 PM

#3 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

Specops vests can fit a 92 ci bottle. I'm not sure what UTG vests will hold. You might need to compare the size of the vest pouches.

#4 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

Ok, I'll get one for my brother and then try it on my vest. If it works, I'll get one.

#5 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

Alright. If you are playing at a field it might be better to invest in a smaller tank just to shave some weight off your loadout. You can always have them refilled between games.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users