Special Ops Paintball: Vault Commercial - speak out against it on youtube - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vault Commercial - speak out against it on youtube

#1 User is offline   Factor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Factor

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:37 PM

You Tube Vault Commercial URL

it clearly shows scenes of players lifting their eye protection and no barrel bags

i made this comment

"this is FILTER DODGE because it portrays the sport of paintball in an unsafe way. anyone removing their eye protection around live paintball markers would be ejected from the field"

to which some dude replied

"OMG need to get a life...it's a commercial not a personal assault .....you really took offense to a commercial?...oh im sorry are you retarded? dude sorry i didnt know."

Everyone post on youtube and make a statement about how strongly we feel about the safety and the image of our sport!

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 01 November 2007 - 08:05 PM

Digitally Dangerous: Factor this ...

#2 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:47 PM

I dont know...I have a hard time taking ANYTHING seen on commercials seriously at all. Think of all the unsafe sporting situations & abuse of sports equipment you'll see on any humourous commerical - baseball bats, footballs, frisbees, rafting, golf clubs...the list goes on. I challenge you to name a domestic beer company that HASNT shown someone doing something incredibly goofy with a parachute...
Look at the brightside - paintball has become mainstream enough to be misrepresented by advertisers, just like more traditional sports.

But Im oldschool enough to wince a little when I see something like that - I just dont dwell on it.

#3 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:11 AM

Get over it, getting paintball out there is better for the sport then trying to be all PC about it. Do you see Pro NFL players going into a tyrate when ever a feel good or hard hitting Football movie comes out that is nothing like what it really is?
Paintball getting any kind of coverage outside of its own community is a very good thing and writing and FEMALE DOGing to adverts and companies will only effectively make them want to STOP supporting paintball. You guys are most likely doing more harm then good, its a good commercial. Get over your self.

#4 User is offline   MOOSE93 

• Fresh Prince of the W.G.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOOSE93

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:47 PM

View PostSteed, on Oct 31 2007, 05:11 AM, said:

Get over it, getting paintball out there is better for the sport then trying to be all PC about it. Do you see Pro NFL players going into a tyrate when ever a feel good or hard hitting Football movie comes out that is nothing like what it really is?
Paintball getting any kind of coverage outside of its own community is a very good thing and writing and FEMALE DOGing to adverts and companies will only effectively make them want to STOP supporting paintball. You guys are most likely doing more harm then good, its a good commercial. Get over your self.

Agreed

#5 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 02:17 PM

Any publicity is good publicity.

Nobody's going to take that commercial as a serious example of what paintball is like, just like they won't take any of the other commercials out there seriously.

There is no reason to "speak out against it".
Member of Team Akkadian

#6 User is offline   JackInABox 

• IT'S [JACK] HAMMA TIME
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gen0cide

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:07 PM

The only really unsafe thing that is obvious in that commercial is the throwing of a squirrel.

Where the BOINK are the people against animal cruelty?
I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

#7 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• still lives with his parents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mrwaterbuffalo

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:18 PM

Dude, its a commercial. Its not going to get paintball banned in New Hampshire. Calm down, drink some nice warm milk, and let the bad thoughts out of your mind.
Still misses DoN ;_;
All my friends are mods now

#8 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:38 PM

But....
Factor isnt wrong to point it out. I know that when I see a commercial/TV show/movie that shows paintball in an un-realistic or unsafe manner, I almost reflexively start explaining to anyone within ear-shot that this is not how the game really is, etc.

#9 User is offline   bGOOSE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bGOOSE

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:56 PM

I don't know why you guys are bashing on Factor for trying to protect the sport. You say "Oh, no one's gonna take that seriously." If you've never played paintball before and you see that commercial, you think to yourself "That doesn't seem safe..." Then your kid walks in and says his buddy wants him to come play paintball, he has a gun he can borrow and everything. You think you're gonna let your kid play? Nope. No way. Parents are already hesitant when it comes to paintball. Even if the commercial stops only one kid from getting into paintball, it should be protested.

#10 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:04 PM

View PostThe Stuntman, on Oct 31 2007, 09:38 PM, said:

But....
Factor isnt wrong to point it out. I know that when I see a commercial/TV show/movie that shows paintball in an un-realistic or unsafe manner, I almost reflexively start explaining to anyone within ear-shot that this is not how the game really is, etc.

I'm the same way. made the mistake of watching king of queens and CSI where paintball featured. got shooed outta the room because I was laughing so hard at all the stuff that they got away with.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#11 User is offline   overt 

• Old enough to know better, too young to care
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:overt

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:25 PM

I have a girlfriend, which is a valid reason why i've seen the movie failure to launch. anyways i thought it was pretty funny when the guy was explaining how to walk a trigger on a spyder pilot i think it was. media never really does a good job at depicting non-mainstream sports.

i've been playing lacrosse for about 14 years right, i remember when american pie came out and i found out that lacrosse was mixed into it i got excited thinking that this would bring some good publicity to the sport. those scenes of lacrosse were the worst depiction of the sport i have ever seen, they were playing at a little league level and they were supposed to be a highschool team.

i just figured i should throw out there that paintball isn't the only sport that has been shamed in television.

Proud EPIC owner #1

#12 User is offline   bGOOSE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bGOOSE

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:47 PM

I actually did say a little something on YouTube, not in protest, but simply "standing up for" the guy. Needless to say, I must have PERTURBED the guy off, because both of my comments were deleted. Oh well...

#13 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:27 PM

View PostbGOOSE, on Nov 1 2007, 11:47 AM, said:

I actually did say a little something on YouTube, not in protest, but simply "standing up for" the guy. Needless to say, I must have PERTURBED the guy off, because both of my comments were deleted. Oh well...

so did i
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#14 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:29 PM

I saw the king of queens episode too, wolf.

I thought it was hilarious, regardless of unrealisticness (word? sp?)

The chicken part was great.

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#15 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:50 PM

It's just a commerical, no biggie.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users