• You cannot reply to this topic

Low Profile 98C Hopper

#1 User is offline   Scribe 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Scribe

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

I'm looking at designing a tippmann 98 custom into a Sniper Marker, I have already removed the front grip and smoothed that area down, I also got a 12gram converted so I dont have to run a remote line through my ghillie. What I need to do now is figure out a way to create almost a faux Longbow hopper for it, I really dont wanna use the stock hopper or anything that style, I was thinking of using some PVC pipe running along the length of the marker and using a weak spring to push the balls into the chamber. What do you think? Any ideas or concepts?

-Thanks

Scribe of Thrash Platoon.
Sors Ventus Temerarus
Fortune Favors The Bold

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

http://www.palmer-pu...products_id=205

Wont work with a 98****************************************************
unless your handy with mods.

your only going to get 20 shots off the 12 gram at best ( I have my 98 on a vertical 3.5 tank / bucket changer)

10 round stick feeds are going to be your friend in this case, rock and cock style ( 3 balls will be in a vertical stack you can can shoot 3 times before having to lower te barrel to feed the next three in)

or PVC pipe it with a 15/20/25 longbow style.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 25 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

#3 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

Theres a very easy way to get that to work with a 98. Just buy one of the adapters that turns the 98 feedneck into the standard 45 feedneck that you need an elbow with (I know I've seen these before, companies saying it makes room for you to see down your sights since it throws the hopper out on the side). Though it doesn't sound like you want something stock class.

Your best bet is to make a spring feed yourself. Just search around on paintball forums about making your own springfeed, I'm sure someone has written up a basic guide.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#4 User is offline   Scribe 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Scribe

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

yeah was thinking of using the same spring used in a tiberius magazine that way i know it wont crush the balls in the tube...
Sors Ventus Temerarus
Fortune Favors The Bold

#5 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

i wouldnt use pvc...just buy some copper and sand,that way u can have the mag and elbow all in one

cap both ends of the copper line, while its full of sand and bend the copper how ever u want it/need it

dont ask how i know tht
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#6 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

View Postd4rkmonkey, on 25 July 2010 - 08:45 PM, said:

Theres a very easy way to get that to work with a 98. Just buy one of the adapters that turns the 98 feedneck into the standard 45 feedneck that you need an elbow with

It's made by Lapco. I forget their exact name for it, but a friend of mine has one on his 98. They're quality pieces.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#7 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:52 PM

my friend pulled off the PVC pipe feeder.. i cant remember how many rounds/how long it was.. but we were running around with it and abusing the hell out of it and it didnt fall off...
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users