• You cannot reply to this topic

pistol.......parana or overlord? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CAPITALPUNISHMENT 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CAPITALPUNISHMENT

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:50 PM

okay i was wondering..............when you run out of paint, and you have no other options....well a pistol will solve my problems. But which one? Overlord or Parana? My buddy has an Overlord but i kindov want a parana. what do you think? :)

#2 User is offline   Dark Wolf 

• elite newb
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Wolf

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:54 PM

dude, totally wrong forum. how did you get pistol out of sppl? ask a mod to move it. Unless you dont know what a mod is. then reply or pm me and i'll do it. jk im sure you know what to do.
look at me, I am an attention whore

#3 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:47 PM

Next flight...Non-stop to Newbie's Corner

-Tenacious

#4 User is offline   Pontifactus 

• Thundercats HO!!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pontifactus

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:25 PM

Welcoming passengers flying non stop from SPPL to Newbies Corner.
We do hope you had a plesant trip and would like to remind our passengers to check that there posting in the appropriate sections before they leave the aircraft. :D

But seriously.

Id go with the Overlord.
1) Its a pistol that your already familer with and your freind will nodoubt have some hints to help you with maintinance.
2) Its got that sweet quick reload magzine system.
3) It looks freaking sweet.
4) I said so.
5) You know you want it.
6) Listen to the name 'OVERLORD' mmmm Power :P

This post has been edited by Pontifactus: 05 October 2006 - 12:17 AM

#5 User is offline   arclight642 

• Safety is all of our concern.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:arclight642

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

As an owner and constant Overlord user, I have to say that carrying a pistol does not solve the problem of running out of paint! In its place you could easily carry a hundred round pod in its place.

As my grandfather used to say, "The only reason to carry a pistol is to get you back to the long gun you should never have left behind!"

IMO, you carry a paintball pistol for when you have a marker malfunction, run out of propellant (*although you could carry another, smaller bottle*), and for those times when you will have to switch to CQB.

So if its just paint concerns you have, buy some larger or more pods so you can get the benefit of a full sized marker out there.

arclight642
IPB Image

How many balls per second are you going to miss me with? --unknown baller

Do your duty, no matter what may come. --Jacques DeMolay

#6 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:37 PM

ive used the pirana and the way the loade ris designed is an utter disaster. the hole that you put the balls into is directly over the breach/bolt. so 90% of the time when you go to reload you get 3 balls in and the rest are stuck in your tube.

the "clip" doesnt come off either. i would reccomend the arkion or the pt extreme JR... my favorite pistol yet.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#7 User is offline   darkwolf0982 

• Nut of Real steal weapons and armies.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:darkwolf0982

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:03 PM

i just have to say one thing its a waste of money i was taught not to use a pistol unless u r using it as a primary which is stupid but its a waste of money
Metallica- one of the best bands ever. Hell yea.
Im very sneaky. I could be behind you right now and you turn around. Im not there. Why? Because i zapped infront of you,and you dont know it. Then you turn back and im right behind you again. I keep zapping so much you think your crazy. Then i tell you, i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance to get the sneakyness i bought. Then were playing paintball and I WAS in front of you shooting you till i zapped in back of you to shoot you.

#8 User is offline   Aegis 

• Pronounced EE-jis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aegis

Posted 06 October 2006 - 09:22 PM

View Postdarkwolf0982, on Oct 7 2006, 12:03 AM, said:

i just have to say one thing its a waste of money i was taught not to use a pistol unless u r using it as a primary which is stupid but its a waste of money

Its not a waste of money if the player enjoys using it, or even just the way it looks, strapped to their hip. I mean, come on, how much cash does one of us spray away on the average day :unsure: ? How many 'style' mods do we see every time we gear up? I know I'm guilty of a few . . . (forlornly eyes empty wallet).

That said, I have the Overlord, and have never used a Piranha. As such, I can't comment on the later, but I can say that the Overlord thus far has proven to be a very solid side arm. The Rapid Reload system lives up to its billing, the accuracy is solid (with appropriate paint, mind you), it gets a goodly amount of shots per 12 gram, field strips quick and cleans easy.

The downside is that its a bit large for a pistol. While this doesn't bother me, it may bother you; its about an inch longer than the Delta .68. In addition, its a bit picky on the CO2 12 grams it takes lest a jam result; it requires unthreaded cartridges. Brass Eagle brand works best, though I've heard Daisy work most of the time. Crossman's will power the gun, but then they require some poking and prodding in order to remove the spent cartrige. The upside is that there is no co2 seepage, you can leave a canister in this thing for weeks without losing air (or so I've been told by fellow owners).

Out of the box, the thing works well, and the stock barrel is solid, which is good as it isn't replacable. There is no ready made bottomline kit or hopper mod, either. If you eventually wanna upgrade (read: turn this into something other than a side arm), perhaps go with an ACP 2 or Zeus.

Aegis

This post has been edited by Aegis: 06 October 2006 - 09:22 PM

"Why is Loud Stupidity so infectious?" Rana, Sa'Aquta Market Fool
Current Armory: {PPS Superstocker][Peacemaker PG][Kingman Hammer Plus][VSC Phantom][ULE Automag][Smartech Knock Off][PM1 d/f][BT TM7][UMS TRGC Tac 8][Tac 8]
Smart Parts, Doc Nickle and Tom Kaye - Nuff Said---MCB Feedback SpecOps Feedback

#9 User is offline   Black-Cell 

• The real man
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Blackcell

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:11 PM

I have both a pt extreme and an overlord i'd go with the overlord.
1)very accurate
2)shoots as far as 98
3)good effeciency 20-25 shots
4)quick reload
5)looks cool

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users