• You cannot reply to this topic

Custom paint job? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   xxunholyconfessionsxx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CFH

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

I've seen people paint their guns a lot and I've painted a few of my 98s, hoppers, etc. but the paint always seems to scratch off easily. I'm also using spray paint, is there a way to paint the stuff without it scratching off? Do I need a certain kind of paint? What kinda price would we be looking at? I'd be painting the stuff woodland camo. Thanks

#2 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Have you ever used clear coat to finish off your paintjobs? That has kept my paintjobs pretty solid in the past.
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#3 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

A clear coat is irrelevant if the parts aren't prepared properly first. Keep in mind no paint job will last forever, but you can make it last longer.

Wash the parts with a high quality dish soap and rinse thoroughly.

Sand with a fine grit paper. Wipe it down with a clean damp rag and let it dry.

Prime the parts. Let it dry according to the instructions. White primer might make the colors a bit lighter, black primer a bit darker.

As for putting on the woodland camo.... That depends on what style and colors you're going to use and how detailed you want to make it. Woodland comes in 3 or 4 color versions, and actual colors can vary. 3 color is normally brown green and a bit of black, 4 color has either two brown, 1 green and black OR 2 green, 1 brown and black.

Pick either green or brown as your main color and paint it first. Black is generally an accent color so it would go on last. Use painters tape to get nice clean edges between the colors. A light sanding between coats helps, be sure to wipe it down after sanding.
Two to three coats of clear coat should do it.

What kind of paint to use? Depends on your budget. Krylon Fusion has a few shades of green and brown and is fairly cheap. If you have a bit more money to spend check out http://www.houtsente...ndprestige.html

Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#4 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'd add to Puz: When he says FINE GRIT, he means it. If you use 220 to clean off the old paint, that should be fine, but in between coats of paint, I'd go much finer. If you think about it as sanding a car finish, you'll get the idea. Also consider "wet sanding." That's basically using a little water to lubricate your sanding process. You have to buy the right sandpaper for wet sanding.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#5 User is offline   xxunholyconfessionsxx 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CFH

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks guys, and what about the hard to sand areas on the left and right receivers? I can't really get the sand paper in there to sand it.

#6 User is offline   June117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

After properly prepping the gun (tear down,cleaned of oil, sanded) DURACOAT will last a while.

Comes in tons of camo colors and fairly easy to apply. Even if you don't access to a compressor.

Here's a review on a real Firearm.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Tu3rAc-nCUU

You can also find it forsale on ebay. (shake n spray)

#7 User is offline   cbrpaintball 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Puzuma is right on with his reply ,clean and a good sand will do the trick,i find my paint jobs really only last a year then i repaint(its a little funny in the winter) i found that it turns out good if you put a good base coat on sand, paint,dry for a couple of day ,sand,, paint,dry, you get me.the best paint job ive done started with sand blsting all the origanl paint off

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users