• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Q's about AKA

#1 User is offline   foozeball67 

• Intergalactic Overlord of the United States of Wisconsin
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

Now, I understand that AKA is highly regarded on this forum, but I really have no idea why other than they made quality markers. but I have a few questions:

1. What set AKA markers apart from the rest of the industry that made them great and why are they so unique?

2. what made the company go under?

#2 User is offline   ikill4n2 

• speedball ftw
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alec

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

1. honestly idk i shot one and it was very very efficent but other then that it didnt impress me

2.alot of people are going to say smartparts but what some of them dont know is they can still make guns (pump and mechs) but they choose not to.
HK ARMY
i rock a shocker
roll guns not blunts
Alabamian #5
free agent

#3 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:56 PM

View Postikill4n2, on Sep 10 2008, 06:52 PM, said:

1. honestly idk i shot one and it was very very efficent but other then that it didnt impress me

2.alot of people are going to say smartparts but what some of them dont know is they can still make guns (pump and mechs) but they choose not to.

They can still make mechs and pumps. But thats not the type of company they were. And thats a completely different ball game.

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:33 PM

AKA was the first company to really care or show any interest in effeciency. For years marker companies were happy with ok effeciency. The people at AKA set up and tested, in lab and over pc, numerous setups to get the most effeceint markers they could. They'd try shrinking the length the air has to travel from here to here by 1 mm, but widen it 1 mm. Then try it another way, lengthen this by 2mm and shrink that by 1.5mm. Trying to get the perfect effeiciency. Testing and trying different things. Every other company was happy with what they had and saw no reason to improve effeciecny, no one cared they thought. Then AKA comes out in 2003 with a marker that can get 2000 shots off one 68/4500 STOCK from the factory, and that floored everyone. Everyone else got 1100 from a 68/4500.

Add that to the fact that the parts were made to the highest tolerances. So much so that just taking out the lpr to lube it, you can easily shred numerous orings sliding it back in. Pieces fit PERFECTLY together, like they were made to. Not cast in some mold like other manufacturers.

AKA made markers so you would get what you paid for out of it. You wouldn't get a 1 of 1000 made that day marker. You'd get the highest quality, most effecient, best marker for your money. And that is the way it should be.

They were going to release the Evil M right before they stopped making markers. It was in it's trial phases. That marker would have been heavenly. As is the Excalibur was awesome. They took the Excal and wanted something faster and lighter, so they made it open bolt, lost a noid and ram, and called it the Viking. Now you could mill it further as there was less parts under the hood. Then the Evil M was going to be even better than a Viking

Why did they stop...cause SP hit them with a C&D order. And they didn't have the money or lawyers to fight that. They are a small Metal Products companys, Hence the AKALMP (the AKAL stands for the owner and his daughter IIRC Alan something Laura or Lauren, and the MP is Metal Products.) They don't have high class lawyers to fight SP and their wrongful patents. So they chose to stop making markers and just make regs and their other products.

I hate SP and really wanted to see the Evil M debut. :ghillie:

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

leg sum it up

i shot a viking and loved it
is was uber efficent and the trigger was just so well set was amzing
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback