• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

R/T vs. E-Trigger Which is better on a 98c? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PALEAPOC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:31 PM

So I'm looking at picking up a new trigger for my 98c, and I've been looking around and talking to different players about whether Response is better or E-Trigger.

I've got to say, I'm a huge fan of having the ability to go full-auto if I need it, but I've also heard that batteries are a pain to replace in the field.
On the other hand, I've heard that Response when dialed in actually shoots better than full-auto, but it eats up gas, especially HPA.

Can any one give me some advice?

Also, I'm looking at getting a cyclone feeder...
Any thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated?

#2 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

I personally don't own a tippmann or make of one but my brother and many friends do. I like e-triggers as opposed to rt. Rt is difficult to dial in and e trigger is easy. See if you can try a gun with both out to see what you prefer

#3 User is offline   PALEAPOC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:46 PM

View PostMighty Mike, on Oct 29 2007, 09:44 PM, said:

I personally don't own a tippmann or make of one but my brother and many friends do. I like e-triggers as opposed to rt. Rt is difficult to dial in and e trigger is easy. See if you can try a gun with both out to see what you prefer

I have to say I much prefer E-Trigger just from what I've shot, but I've also noticed that the trigger is a little more sensitive, and I tend to have heavy fingers, especially when I'm going mobile.

#4 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:50 PM

i myself use a ego7 and a etek for over all performance when playing, but for those wet days
i get tired of water proofing both of those so i stick with my a-5 with rt at those times, it has never let me down
i always say, carry a marker you know is gonna work all the time, even in water
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#5 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:56 PM

I would say response trigger, works perfectly even when wet. Its not too hard to find the sweet spot with it either.

#6 User is offline   PALEAPOC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:58 PM

The main thing that I'm worried about with an RT is the gas.
I play Broadsword (obviously) and I'm eating up gas like crazy anyway, even without using the RT.

So I guess the real question is does the RT really use that much gas?

#7 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:04 PM

View PostDZ Unit-1, on Oct 29 2007, 09:50 PM, said:

i myself use a ego7 and a etek for over all performance when playing, but for those wet days
i get tired of water proofing both of those so i stick with my a-5 with rt at those times, it has never let me down

dont get me wrong i have many mech guns but out of those two i would have to go with the e-trigger. i think you could probably get a different trigger if you don't like the one it comes with
Edit:for the above question i have no idea... but if you don't get an answer you can always search for it(im not trying to sound like the people who know it but wont tell you i really don't know it lol)

This post has been edited by Mighty Mike: 29 October 2007 - 10:07 PM

#8 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:13 PM

View PostMighty Mike, on Oct 29 2007, 10:04 PM, said:

View PostDZ Unit-1, on Oct 29 2007, 09:50 PM, said:

dont get me wrong i have many mech guns but out of those two i would have to go with the e-trigger. i think you could probably get a different trigger if you don't like the one it comes with
Edit:for the above question i have no idea... but if you don't get an answer you can always search for it(im not trying to sound like the people who know it but wont tell you i really don't know it lol)

i'm thinking about getting a second a-5 and putting a e-grip on it, just for kicks tho, i don't really know why, prolly becuz of all those b-5 peeps agonizing me to get one lolz

btw, i use a 48/45 cu tank on my a-5, and during woodsball operations, i'm a broadsword as well
so if you atleast get a 68/45, you're on better terms than me, i like my chibi cp tanke ^.^

This post has been edited by DZ Unit-1: 29 October 2007 - 10:14 PM

Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#9 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lonegunm4n

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:25 PM

You'll prolly lose anywhere around 25-60 shots per fill with an RT.
well, it's a futuristic modern world
but things aren't what they seem
someday you'd better wake up
from this stupid fantasy
-Bloodstains by Agent Orange

#10 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:30 PM

View Postlonegunm4n, on Oct 29 2007, 10:25 PM, said:

You'll prolly lose anywhere around 25-60 shots per fill with an RT.

and why were you not at khe sahn mister? >.< hmm?
:dodgy:

This post has been edited by DZ Unit-1: 29 October 2007 - 10:31 PM

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:09 PM

View PostPALEAPOC, on Oct 29 2007, 09:58 PM, said:

The main thing that I'm worried about with an RT is the gas.
I play Broadsword (obviously) and I'm eating up gas like crazy anyway, even without using the RT.

So I guess the real question is does the RT really use that much gas?

I thought the cyclone and the response trigger only used excess blow-back gas.

If it does use additional gas, I have not noticed a difference but with my duel tank setup (duel 48oz tanks for about 5,000 rounds), I don't usually empty the tanks in game. I vent the remaining bit of Co2 to cool the tanks and then fill. I think I have only emptied my tanks twice during a days play.

#12 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

what sized tank do you use and i really electric trigger (on my fusion ) because i can spray paint extremely fast and in really big amout of paint

but iam thinking of buying a a5 (just for kick and giggle) and if i put something to make it go faster i would get a rt

don't get a cyclone it use air for nothing
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#13 User is offline   turbolen 

• turbolen
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:turbolen

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:56 PM

i just got a cyclone feed for my 98c, and an egrip for my x-7 (along with a 98 flatline and a 400 rd cyclone hopper). i havnt played any actual games with them yet, just plinking targets in the backyard. im loving the cyclone on my 98, ive had no problems so far.

i only bought the egrip and 400rd hopper for when i need to get rid of extra paint at the end of the day. ive noticed that its helping my accuracy a little for long-range bombardments. without the e-grip you need to move your fingers/hands a little more, and that can throw off your aim a tiny bit.

#14 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:07 PM

I've never noticed a loss of air by using a Cyclone feed and a Response Trigger.

Honestly, if you get the response trigger set up right (takes all of 10 seconds to get it to a comfortable position, although if you really want to be "spot on", you can take an afternoon to do it.), it works nicely. I've got it set to where it doesn't take much to set the thing off, but I can run without worrying about misfires.

I thought about getting an E-Trigger, but then I realized how many times my computer has crashed, my general distrust of technology, and went with the mechanical.

#15 User is offline   Delta 047 

• Hurry up and wait.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Demosthenes

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:54 PM

i love my r/t. when u need full auto u can do it, or u can burst it. or pull the trigger all the way back for single shots. it doesnt mess up in the elements, and personally i think its alot better than the e-trigger my friends uses.
One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users