• This topic is locked

a better stock

#16 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

Well like I said before, you need a good cheek weld anyway. If your mask doesn't touch your marker at all then your marker can move independently of your head. The whole point of having a stock is to get your head, shoulders and marker to all move together so that you can maintain an aimpoint...

So I wouldn't want my head to not touch the stock at all, it would just be slightly nicer if I didn't have squeeze as tight against the stock...
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

Cheekwell makes sense...

My wood-stock shotgun Spyder can't have one, and I find it a bit annoying to sight down the side of the marker. I'll have to go with a raised sight...eventually. But bumping my mask against the stock is a regular occurrence.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#18 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

View PostI.K.E., on 04 May 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

Cheekwell makes sense...

My wood-stock shotgun Spyder can't have one, and I find it a bit annoying to sight down the side of the marker. I'll have to go with a raised sight...eventually. But bumping my mask against the stock is a regular occurrence.

PICTURESSSSSS...
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#19 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

Here is the thread I made. Page 2 has a more updated picture with the longer barrel. I refinished the wood this last winter with Tung Oil and made a fiberglass magazine that looks mostly like the wooden one, but sprayed black. I don't have a pic of that yet.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123

#20 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

Awesome! Looks like you already know what you're doing...
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#21 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

View PostShipwreck!, on 04 May 2011 - 10:01 PM, said:

Well like I said before, you need a good cheek weld anyway. If your mask doesn't touch your marker at all then your marker can move independently of your head. The whole point of having a stock is to get your head, shoulders and marker to all move together so that you can maintain an aimpoint...

So I wouldn't want my head to not touch the stock at all, it would just be slightly nicer if I didn't have squeeze as tight against the stock...

Yes, I prefer that way with rifles, but my only issue with paintball is that I have a custom painted Save Phace, and repeated contact with the mask and the stock might eventually cause my paint to scratch.

#22 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

idk if ive posted this already but ive put the stock on my Ab and painted all grey and black to match my pants

pics up soon

This post has been edited by Down Range Pain: 07 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#23 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

EDIT: Disregard that post. I didn't realize that you were the thread starter.

This post has been edited by Ka1iBuR: 07 May 2011 - 08:02 AM

#24 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

it was before my thread was hijackd by you people moaning and whaling bout doglegs amd cheekwells

back to topic. has anyone tried something like what i designed and or built?
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

#25 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

Wow. Angry much?

#26 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

Basically What I'd look for is a More Robust version of CCI's T-Stock

you could have a part which acts as the bottomline and a second part which can screw into that the "junction" could be designed to allow pivot movement so you could fold it, and the shoulder portion can adjust length. (i'd be against the cheek rest as in paintball recoil is nothing, and to be honest the markers are light enough that by just our own arms we can keep the marker adjusted to the general direction of fire anyways (paints never anything close to accurate anyways)

Could spec ops Maybe do a 12Gram Changer stock/Turrent stock as a second part also A little spool which holds 3 twelve grams.
or possibly a "double 12 gram slam changer" design

That would tickle the interests of MCB'ers and pump enthusiast everywhere

Sorry for stealing your thread.....

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 09 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

#27 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 07 May 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

it was before my thread was hijackd by you people moaning and whaling bout doglegs amd cheekwells

Please tell me you're missing an emoticon there somewhere. This thread was way dead before EH brought it back & then these other guys infused it with a lot of good discussion based on their likes/dislikes of various stock designs. If you really wanted the discussion here to revolve solely around your design then maybe you should have been the one keeping it alive. ;)
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#28 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

View Postger, on 09 May 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

View PostDown Range Pain, on 07 May 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

Please tell me you're missing an emoticon there somewhere. This thread was way dead before EH brought it back & then these other guys infused it with a lot of good discussion based on their likes/dislikes of various stock designs. If you really wanted the discussion here to revolve solely around your design then maybe you should have been the one keeping it alive. ;)

I thought the conversation that ensued WAS a commentary on your design. Compare and contrast is the name of the game. Plus and Minus. These are the conversational elements that have all played a part of a cohesive conversation, all based on your original idea. Take the comments given and apply them to your design. Does your design meet the desires of the players? How does your design compare with other stocks that already exist?

If your intent was to present an idea for discussion, then thanks for starting this thread. It has been helpful.

If all you wanted was specific commentary on your idea alone......Then you made the mistake of not asking for an ego stroke up front. Sorry.

#29 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

If all you wanted was specific commentary on your idea alone......Then you made the mistake of not asking for an ego stroke up front. Sorry.

the whole point of this thread is to either, receive feedback on the design and have it compaired to other designs,in the interest of it progessing further, or ending it. the point is not for yall to get wide eye'd and praise me for my brillance or whatever...the point is to disguse the design for what it is.

if i hurt anyones feelings in stating that some have straid off topic, well maybe yall should just grow thicker skin and learn to take a literary slap on a forum.

#30 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

You sir are detracting from your own topic. No offense meant, just pointing it out.

As for stock design, it looks like your going to be in luck if what SpecOps has planned it to be believed. and it all depends on how you "aim" (i use the term lightly, as the only time you will ever get truly ball-on-ball accuracy is in a zero gravity, zero wind, zero error chance environment, thus saying, never.). If you use iron sights, then sure, you need a good cheek-well to sit in. However, if you aim in the more modern red-dot/acog way, your head actually shouldn't touch your marker at all, with the stock only acting as a stabilizer.

Edit: Rawr, fixed typos and whatnot. I type like i have buttered lobster claws......

This post has been edited by Private Silver: 10 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users