Special Ops Paintball: Looking for a certain kind of nelson - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for a certain kind of nelson camo deafie I need you!!! :P Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:QUESTIONFUL

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:41 PM

The only gun I know of that fits these requirements is the Lapco Grey Ghost. If anyone knows of another one, please post!

• Nelson Mechanism (not necessarily nelson brand parts)
  • Stainless Unibody
  • Bore Drop
  • Smooth Inside (my Prostar Warrior has a bunch of little ridges in there except for the actual bore)
  • Quality Construction in general
  • Awesome

This post has been edited by questionful: 13 June 2008 - 11:31 PM

#2 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

Perhaps a 007? Although I can't remember if it's breech or bore drop... does it matter on a uni?

This post has been edited by mtaylor: 13 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

<Insert Sig Here>

#3 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:08 PM

View Postmtaylor, on Jun 13 2008, 08:46 PM, said:

Perhaps a 007? Although I can't remember if it's breech or bore drop... does it matter on a uni?

007's are stainless steel? And why would it matter if it's uni, do they have smaller bores or something? The real reason I want it to be boredrop is I want to be able to make it semi-auto if I feel like it. Maybe even put an e-pneu frame on there just for kicks (NOT permanently).

#4 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

lok for a Carter; IIRC, some of the early Carters were bore drops (longer bolt) and most Carters i think had stainless steel body nubs with a threaded aluminum barrel? otherwise, post pics of what you have currently and i can get to work figuring out what you need :P aluminum isnt bad, Nelspot 007s are breech drops with low-carbon steel (not stainless) and only the signature series nickel-plated nelspots were made other than the plain blued or painted steel nelspots. your other option would be to get breech-drop bolt; and get a brass body, such as the $175 brass 1987 nelson in the MCB's rare-old-guns BST. by the way, phantoms are breech-drops, and are ALMOST compatible with the nelspot internals, since they are the same measurements and size internally, only difference is the hammer's linkage, tho that can be swapped out if youre able to get a sear from rcpaintball.com

if youre looking for unibody in stainless steel, your best bet would be to take the internals and trigger frame, and valve body to a GOOD machine shop, who can do high precision work with lathes, and have them turn you a nelson body, with the internal bore being up to you, now, this may require a machine shop with experience in whats called deep hole boring/reaming/drilling such as those used by gun shops for custom 12ga shotgun barrels. this would enable you to specify the barrel bore size to your tolerances, and so on, and be quite AWESOME especially since its gonna be polished stainless steel unibody.....
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#5 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:49 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean I needed parts to put Nelson brand internals in, I meant I was searching for a whole gun in the general nelson category ie nothing stacked tube. Right now I just know of the Lapco, but I'll look through the old magazine scans on MCB and see if I can't find an ad for another one. :)

#6 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:31 AM

lol, i didnt say Nelson, i said nelson. :) it means any nelson type internal. now...Lapco made whole sets for both breech drops and bore drops, so did Taso, and you could also get SI internals, pretty much those are the 3 main internal bolt/hammer sets available aftermarket, after the Nelson brand, and then you also have the trracer/maverick internals, Razorback/Black widow, Diablo/Apex series, hmmm...what else out there...CCI phantom parts....but those would need cci trigger frames....and sometimes powertubes depending on tpc/.non-tpc models.

the main difference between those would be materials, bore and breech drop, and adjustability....and sometimes sizes. genrally, if you have a generic nelson type body, if its 2-slotted/double pump arm, with the feedneck ahead of the front trigger frame screw, that'd be a bore drop nelson...if you have a single-arm/single slot body with feedneck being right above the trigger frame screw, then thats a breech drop nelson. generally most nelson clones and Nelsons are compatible with the Lapco adjustable/anti-kink internals, and sometimes TASO internals.... also, SI internals depends on which gun they came with, the Skirmish which is usually a kit to turn a Nelspot into a Skirmish SI/a complete SI marker with the breech drop bolt, different from the Bushmaster SI with the bore drop, but both uses the same sear and triggers which works on Nelspots, ditto for many older nelson clones, especially those that shares the pistol's trigger frame and breech drop bolts. examples are the Aerostar ASsassinator 1 and 2, Hawk brass body, TAG brass body, Wintec, Taso, and so on....check www.vintagerex.com and see if you can find a stainless steel unibody, most likely you wouldnt find them, and the grey ghost is aluminum bodied, theres a reason for the switch to aluminum as opposed to the steel and brass versions, lighter for the same stress level; IE, it wont bend and break or whatever, and its lighter, so its easier on the person's arms...but then again, there are guys on MCB who goes nuts for brass sheridans.

for most of these requirements, except stainless steel construction, youre looking at the Line SI Bushmaster, as well as the old Lapco Grey Ghost, and possibly the TASO Centurion.

This post has been edited by CamoDeafie: 14 June 2008 - 12:32 AM

ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach

#7 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:33 AM

Grey Ghosts aren't steel? Huh. I always assumed from the color that they were steel. Mainly from Bacci's, of which I think two are not sold yet.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/7...ts-sale-031.jpg
Thanks a lot for the info on the internals, I've always avoided researching all the compatibility issues. I think I'll just buy parts one buy one until eventually I have what I want. It's more fun like that anyway. :)
I think I'll settle for aluminum if steel is really that rare. I mainly wanted it to be unique, and because stainless steel is never not-awesome. Speaking of stainless, let me show off my baby:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z304/Qf...pg?t=1213432362
I'm a self-proclaimed stainless freak. :)

Thanks for the help again, I need to re-butts the situation and come up with a new wishlist. :)

#8 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:48 AM

from the pic you provided of your automag, i can see why the confusion with the old grey ghost bodies. you know....since i see you have a couple books related to machining, i dont suppose you;d settle for buying a valve, internal set, powertubes, spring kit, trigger plate, and then have a machine shop do you an unibody in stainless steel with matching trigger frame of your own design? it;d be quite unique, and you can brag to your friends that youre the designer of the trigger frame and body :) lol. that should be quite awesome to be able to have say, a fluted bull barrel styled stainless steel reciever nelson with a bottom feed using a warp feed or a Q-loader, with a completely custom 1 piece trigger frame similar to the Line SI grip, but mirroring the old old old alien looking automags (i cant remember the names, but they had the awesome sculpted/forged triggerframes)
ex-gunwhore

#9 User is offline   questionful 

• AGD Freak
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:34 AM

Haha, I would LOOOVE to have a body and frame made. Problem is I'm 16, unemployed, inexperienced, etc. However, there's a membership-based tool shop near me (CAUTION: EXTREMELY AWESOME), and as soon as I get a membership I'd have access to all sorts of stuff. I guess I'd try to find .69" steel tubing, maybe microhone it or something (I haven't a clue what you would have to do to get it to barrel-quality), then weld that onto a larger diameter for the guts.
But I'm just dreamin' for now. Who knows if I'll actually go anywhere with this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users