• You cannot reply to this topic

high pressure with 2 regs question Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   shaun 

• strobe
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:one hit wonder

Posted 24 October 2005 - 05:09 PM

I have heard on some forum that if you have a two reg set up that you should have them set them 200psi apart for the most consistant shot. Is that true?,if so is it the same with high pressure? Does the reg on my high pressure tank along with a in-line reg that I use count as a two reg set up? I just switched from co2 to hpa and used an in-line reg with my old set up. Its a palmers and says that it can be used for either one. So if the output of my hpa tank is preset at 800psi I should set my palmers to about 600? I am most confused and would appericate any light that can shead on the subject.
My Webpage Blackcell Q-bow FBM feirce frame hammerhead bang stix virtue board w/scenrio dreams epiphany solenoid,eyes,membrane pad lucky black out screw kit Tech T L6 bolt killa detents VP scythe trigger NDZ rear donut SP epiphany firing chamber w/inserts 360 epiphany qev maxflo reg clear grips custom air thru set up and a DYETEX drilled hole for LED relocation mod Special Ops duracoat paintjob

#2 User is offline   dtached shadow 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dtached shadow

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:24 PM

Your 1st question , yes that is reasonable . I'm not 100% sure on the why's about it , but I think if the pressure difference is less than 200psi it wouldn't be anymore consistant due to constant pressure changes during higher rates of fire and the small difference between the settings . One regulator would cancel the other out . If the pressure is greater than 200psi I don't think it would make that much of a difference . If I'm wrong on this somebody will pipe in and correct me :o

Question 2 . yes

Your last question . It depends . Can your marker operate at 600psi ? that is just something you will have to try out and see for yourself . Take for example a stock A5 . Right out of the box it probably won't function correctly below 700psi . With a few mods though ; like polished interns , high flow fittings etc... you can reduce operating pressure down between 500 - 600psi without a low pressure kit . Hope this helps

#3 User is offline   shaun 

• strobe
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:47 PM

High flo fittings? what are those and where can I get them what do they do? any suggestions on what kind of brillow pad is good for polishing inerds? would a red hot power tube help?
My Webpage Blackcell Q-bow FBM feirce frame hammerhead bang stix virtue board w/scenrio dreams epiphany solenoid,eyes,membrane pad lucky black out screw kit Tech T L6 bolt killa detents VP scythe trigger NDZ rear donut SP epiphany firing chamber w/inserts 360 epiphany qev maxflo reg clear grips custom air thru set up and a DYETEX drilled hole for LED relocation mod Special Ops duracoat paintjob

#4 User is offline   167 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:04 PM

if you shoot a spyder it will operate below 600 psi. Just thought I would add that in. If you marker is already regged, and working fine, you may be alright. Your palmers reg comes set at around 550 psi out of the box.

This post has been edited by 167: 25 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

#5 User is offline   dtached shadow 

• Guardian
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dtached shadow

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:28 PM

I think I found the article you're referring to , I remembered reading something very similar so I did some checking .

http://paintmagazine...wtopic.php?t=94

Apparently you need a gap of at least 200psi to maintain airflow so you don't starve you marker from air between the reg's .

On the A5 you are actually polishing the inside of the reciever halves where the hammer O-ring , front bolt O-ring make contact . I don't recommend steel wool because the finish won't be that great and there are better options that will put an almost mirror like finish . I used 1000 grit automotive sandpaper to remove the overspray and finished with aluminum polish and 2000 grit sandpaper . If you have another type of marker you might want to ask around if anyone has tried this .

High flow fittings increase the airflow of smaller pneumatic systems . They are commonly used as the fittings to supply air to the pistons on autococking markers . For the A5 they will be used to replace the banjo fittings on the cyclone . Palmer Pursuit makes a preassembled kit for the A5 .Just about any paintball store that handles autocockers should have these fittings available . Your best bet would be
http://www.palmer-pu...og/fittings.htm
scroll down to the bottom of the page .
To see the A5 QEV kit go to their homepage then click on tippmann parts .

The only advantages of a red power tube are the teflon insert to hold the velocity screw in place and the aluminum body will not crack if you get liquid C02 in the marker . It does not do anything to improve the airflow .

This post has been edited by dtached shadow: 25 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

#6 User is offline   shaun 

• strobe
  • PipPip

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:20 PM

cool so I got the high flo fittings still tring to find the right sand paper. Any ideas where I should look?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users