Special Ops Paintball: Trying to start my own internet business - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trying to start my own internet business ways to go about it Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CHIsassin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CHIsassin

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

I have a meeting w/a lawyer in like 2weeks to discuss this business. Now I really have no idea what im doing and dont want to overshoot myself here. I think I have a good floor plan as to what exactly I want and all im going to need is a laptop/tower and to rent out a server. But I guess the real question im asking if possible does anyone have any idea what its gonna cost to get started. The lawyer paperwork,web designer. I know this is pretty vague but I thought id give it a shot. Also maybe a business loan. My credit is pretty bad,do you think a govt. business loan would be a no-go in these brutal times? Thanks for anything...

#2 User is offline   No Quarter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Northwest Brigade ( Idaho )

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:58 AM

You might be able to do some kind of search for a forum of people that are more directed to what you are trying to do. Asking these questions on a paintball forum might be stretching it a bit. Not that there's anything wrong with it. You just might have better luck getting answers to those types of questions elsewhere.

Without more specifics it's kind of tough to answer those questions. For example There are a wide range of laptops / towers out there with different capabilities and cost differences. Without knowing what you are intending to do it's hard to direct you towards a machine that will fit your bill and what that will cost. Same goes for legal paperwork, and web design.
IPB Image

#3 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:02 AM

What exactly are you trying to do?

Websites will vary depending on what you want they can cost 100 bucks or 10,000 lol

Peace,
Teddy K

#4 User is offline   CHIsassin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CHIsassin

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

Sorry guys.. I thought the older guys forum was a forum up for grabs..Thats why i posted there. I figured the older guys would have a better chance of answering this cause they prolly own a business or had at one point.. TJ
ok i guess this has gone necro. thought id try. like i said it was vague. ill let you know what happens after my meet wit the lawyer. thanks anyways..

This post has been edited by CHIsassin: 09 July 2008 - 10:43 PM

#5 User is offline   GunRunner7 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GunRunner7

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

View PostCHIsassin, on Jul 7 2008, 10:52 PM, said:

I have a meeting w/a lawyer in like 2weeks to discuss this business. Now I really have no idea what im doing and dont want to overshoot myself here. I think I have a good floor plan as to what exactly I want and all im going to need is a laptop/tower and to rent out a server. But I guess the real question im asking if possible does anyone have any idea what its gonna cost to get started. The lawyer paperwork,web designer. I know this is pretty vague but I thought id give it a shot. Also maybe a business loan. My credit is pretty bad,do you think a govt. business loan would be a no-go in these brutal times? Thanks for anything...

I will tell you from experiance... you will need a solid business plan regardless of what kind of business you are starting. There are alot of books out there that can help you get started. Once, you have a good draft written I would talk it over with any friends that you know that have business, marketing experiance. If you know a business person that is engaged in a simliar thing, and you wouldnt be in direct competition with them- they may be willing to help you.

As far as loans are concerned- once you have a solid plan start shopping for SBA loans from SBA Loans

Now without knowing what you are trying todo; here is a company that does Game Servers game servers

Here is a sample site (one that I have several websites parked on)
Aplus

Without a little more information, this is the best I can do for you at present.

When I die, I want to go sleeping peacefully like my grandfather did.......not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users