Special Ops Paintball: SAT Scores are in - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SAT Scores are in

#1 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 24 May 2010 - 07:33 AM

i cant believe how poorly i did, i didnt even make 1000 if you added the math and lit scores together.

and apparently my essay sucked absolute balls too, i really dont understand how the hell it went so wrong when i thought i did so good :P

[/rant]

[Begin moping around]
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

I guess that's explains why you put FUUUUUUU in the title. Most would know that it's in bad taste.

Title edit

#3 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:19 AM

Seeing how some of the posts are made around here, I'm surprised more members aren't in the same boat.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#4 User is offline   C0N0R 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

View PostPuzuma, on May 24 2010, 11:19 AM, said:

Seeing how some of the posts are made around here, I'm surprised more members aren't in the same boat.

true, but i think some of them would have been happy with that score, it just sucks because i made the score an average student like me should have made (being a beginning junior at the time i took the test) when i take mostly advanced classes.

oh well, back to studying. atleast i can take it as much as i want.
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#5 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:33 AM

I feel you. My scores were below my expectations. Just be glad your parents aren't edu-Nazis. My friend got a 2150 or something like that, and his parents were upset, made him retake it. Then again, the guy is gonna grow up and own Wall Street.

did I die for a second there?...

#6 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

Or he's going to snap and kill his parents with a bowling pin while they sleep.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#7 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:39 AM

Would be lying if I said he never thought of it.

did I die for a second there?...

#8 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

I still have to take my SAT again, the last time I took it was for John Hopkins Center For Talented Youth, but that was back in the seventh grade. I scored a 1580 out of 2400 got a 8 on my essay. I wasn't particularly happy with the grade, but it was also 4 years ago, so hopefully now taking as a Junior I should be much better off. Plus I took it the week before I learned most of the included math in my math class :D
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#9 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

I took it last year and got like a 1900 overall which I wasnt too mad about.

I got an 790 on the writing section though haha too bad most colleges dont care about writing.

#10 User is offline   Soyeahwatsup 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGTWHITEY

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:25 PM

hey wanna teach me how to do the writing section...lol I get lower then 600 everytime on writing.

#11 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:53 PM

View PostSoyeahwatsup, on May 24 2010, 01:25 PM, said:

hey wanna teach me how to do the writing section...lol I get lower then 600 everytime on writing.

Just write teh words good.

But really I dont know how to help you on the multiple choice, partly because I dont remember what they asked, but also just because im good at finding whats wrong in sentences. Although youd never guess from seeing most of the stuff I post on here haha

The essay you just need to focus on getting your point across, try to use words that bring together multiple sentences instead of adding an entire new sentence. Phrases like, and then, but also should be cutout because your saying the same thing twice. If you get really off topic dont get flustered just keep writing you can pretty much relate anything back to the topic in your conclusion because those essays are graded off of a rubric looking for certain information. They dont care if you go off topic they want you to answer the question.

#12 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:20 PM

If you wanna practice up on your writing section, read some of Ashrak's political posts and then imitate the hell out of them.

For the rest, I guess just retake it. No two tests are equal, and hell, maybe it just wasn't your day -- that happens, really. Not the end of the world, though -- just give it another shot. Your scores can only get better!
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#13 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

They say you should always take it at least twice, your score normally increases by 200 points with the second score.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#14 User is offline   C0N0R 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

View PostIrishMack, on May 24 2010, 08:27 PM, said:

They say you should always take it at least twice, your score normally increases by 200 points with the second score.

id be getting pretty close to something pretty good then, if i added all the other things i learned in the other 90% of my junior year that i didnt know when i took the test.
brownie points-15

#15 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

View PostTeddy K, on May 24 2010, 03:53 PM, said:

View PostSoyeahwatsup, on May 24 2010, 01:25 PM, said:

Just write teh words good.

I'd say....practice.

Are the SATs a timed test? :) I never took 'em.

Text difficulties that are simply because of the test, are solved only through practice. Test difficulties that are a result of lack of information, can only be solved by study.

I've taken plenty of standardized tests. I earned an exemplary score on the last one I took that involved writing. Taking a moment to plan out your essay can be quite helpful.

Considering the last 8 years of NCLB, I bet you all know what a graphic organizer is...jot a quick one down someplace to help to organize your thoughts.

I could give more advice if I knew the specifics of the problems and process. Be glad to help anyone if I can.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users