• You cannot reply to this topic

Need help with 98C Mod Sliding stock

#1 User is offline   Paintball Taliban 

• That Guy in the Corner you barely know
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MyNameWontFitHere

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

Ok, I have a problem. I know what I want, but don't have a clue as to how to go about making it. I've been looking for a 98C sliding stock, however I haven't been able to find one, so I have decided to create one myself. However, I have no idea how to do this, so, HELP?!?!

.:PBTaliban:.

5N1P35 is my name on almost every other forum
Sabre #123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536

#2 User is offline   Muad'Dib 

• Fremen
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:56 PM

Take some metal tubes, maybe a 1/2 to 1 inch in circumference. Weld that onto the sides of the 98's body. Then find some metal wire that is thick enough to be a stock, but thin enough to fit through the tubes. Bend it in the middle. To do this, just heat it up and bend it. Use vice grips to do the bending so you don't burn your hands.

You then put the wire through the tubes, and do something to the end so it can't slide through. You would then just heat up the wire, and bend to make the part of the stock you press into your shoulder. I'm not sure exactly what you'd do to make a "latch" so that the stock won't slide back in every time you bring it up to your shoulder.
By the power of the double Windsor knot!

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users