Special Ops Paintball: WEST CAJON VALLEY IS TRYING TO BAN PAINTBALL! - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WEST CAJON VALLEY IS TRYING TO BAN PAINTBALL! Try to help out for the sake of paintball. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CANYOUSEEME? 

• Non-forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Canyouseeme?

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:52 PM

This was from PBnation.

Help the paintball community. IF this is passed, it could lead the way to banning paintball in some counties, towns, ect, as the residents have expressed a desire to do so.

"I just found this in another paintball forum . we need to stick up for our sport an fight for it. it might concern most of us but in fact it does. this can start up other cities an states to outlaw paintball an ban , because of lies an negative critics. This article claims paintball is a dangerous sport an is harmful to the environment an animals. this is the time as fellow paintballers to stick up for ballers around the world an speak our concerns an protect what us 9 million plus have to come to love every weekend. it would be greatly appreciated to email the city an people that are trying to ban paintball. please if you do send emails use appropate language , because I know they will use it against us.
ps. the emails that count are the ones to the government officals.on the lower bottom the receaved mine."

Posted Image
Rock the Snake!
Bill, You made a mistake coming here to the internet paintball community. These people will not be put off, will not accept partial answers and will hold you accountable for everything you say. They are not your typical customer. Even through all the bickering and flaming, the collective consciousness of this community sits at nothing less than the genius level. They are the highest and best of what paintball has to offer. I have trusted and turned to them for years and they have allowed me to walk among them for which I am grateful.
Tom kaye

#2 User is offline   SHRIMPED! 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHRIMPED!

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:50 AM

If I remember, this has already been posted, however I could be wrong - at any rate, that article doesn't state that they are trying to ban paintball - rather that they are trying to prevent a site being opened in an undesirable location.

#3 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:59 AM

they're trying to make it illegal to play outlaw there. they're not banning it in the town, from what i can see. but it's late, i'm tired, and i don't read so well after midnight...so yeah, take my opinion w/ a grain of salt.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#4 User is offline   SHRIMPED! 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:04 AM

I sent an e-mail to the nopaintball@yahoo.com address, look at my next post (#13) to see that and the reply I received.

This post has been edited by SHRIMPED!: 04 November 2007 - 02:13 PM

#5 User is offline   10-shot kid 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:06 AM

Did you guys actually read the flyer? Like, the top nonphotoshoped part where it says that they are against the opening of a paintball field in a residential neighborhood. Their opposing a paintball course, not paintball in general. It's pretty common, espcially when so many paintball fields have extended outside of their lawful zones. One near me recently did and got shut down

THis is as educated as the "bashing of billy"
Edward Thomas Cigar: 104 Limestone Plaza Fayettville, the only place with a proper lounge to buy and smoke well kept premium and rare cigars in syracuse.
Cousins paintball: Top of the line tourny and rec. fields and gear http://www.playpaintball.com/

Professional Internet Poster Sponsered by,
Sean "SP marketing dude" Scott: DESTROYER OF SPECIAL OPS 4 EVAH!

#6 User is offline   Trial 

• In the beginning, there was Jack...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TRIAL

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:09 AM

I'm going to ban your Caps Lock key.

And I think you're overreacting, they might have some of their facts skewed. But then again so did An Inconvenient Truth Lie. Shoot Al Gore an email with the guy who wrote this.

#7 User is offline   Bobbjoe 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bobbjoe

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:39 AM

View PostTrial, on Nov 4 2007, 07:09 AM, said:

I'm going to ban your Caps Lock key.

And I think you're overreacting, they might have some of their facts skewed. But then again so did An Inconvenient Truth Lie. Shoot Al Gore an email with the guy who wrote this.

i bet al gore opposes paintball, lol. We're just shooting C02 into the atmosphere, lol.

I Choose not to Conform to the Stereotypical Conformities that Stereotypical Conformative Society Conforms to.
What now?

#8 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:18 AM

No one is proposing a paintball BAN...some group is stating their opposition to a paintball recreational area/park. Overreaction on our part is no better than similar overreaction by our adversaries. We will never achieve mutual respect and intelligent dialogue through such Chicken-Little, knee-jerk reactions and tactics.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:14 AM

this is just the same as banning guns. its not going to happen. people will talk about it, but it wont happen. the people that are trying to ban something are those that have had something bad happen to them. or in the gun case, the animal rights activists
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#10 User is offline   CANYOUSEEME? 

• Non-forum Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

I got this from Pbnation. Please don't shoot the messenger.
Notice the quotation marks.

Rock the Snake!
Bill, You made a mistake coming here to the internet paintball community. These people will not be put off, will not accept partial answers and will hold you accountable for everything you say. They are not your typical customer. Even through all the bickering and flaming, the collective consciousness of this community sits at nothing less than the genius level. They are the highest and best of what paintball has to offer. I have trusted and turned to them for years and they have allowed me to walk among them for which I am grateful.
Tom kaye

#11 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 04 November 2007 - 10:46 AM

View PostCANYOUSEEME?, on Nov 4 2007, 11:42 AM, said:

Lol..dont post things unless you understand what your posting.

Im not too worried...paintball is too big to get banned now...the industry is expanding...it would be impossible to get people to stop playing.

Peace,
Teddy K

This post has been edited by Teddy K: 04 November 2007 - 10:46 AM
Reason for edit: My comment was on the argument about banning paintball not article

#12 User is offline   CANYOUSEEME? 

• Non-forum Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:30 AM

View PostTeddy K, on Nov 4 2007, 10:46 AM, said:

View PostCANYOUSEEME?, on Nov 4 2007, 11:42 AM, said:

Lol..dont post things unless you understand what your posting.

Im not too worried...paintball is too big to get banned now...the industry is expanding...it would be impossible to get people to stop playing.

Peace,
Teddy K

I know what I'm posting, I just thought that a title of City of west cajon valley residents concerned about suppossedly high decibel levels and errant projectiles eminating from local paintball playing complex would be sort of a boring title, so I kept the one from PBnation.
Rock the Snake!
Tom kaye

#13 User is offline   SHRIMPED! 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:12 PM

I sent an e-mail to the nopaintball@yahoo.com address:

My E-Mail

I would just like to clear one or two misconceptions you would appear to have about our sport:

Firstly, paintballs aren't harmful to wildlife, they are made of digestible and biodegradable products, namely gelatin (the shell) and food coloring (the "paint" fill).
I don't claim to be any kind of expert, but as far as I am aware - those products can't kill wildlife though consumption.

Secondly, and I take this from pure statistics - paintball is one of the safest sports in the world, in fact - you have a higher chance of injuring yourself by playing a few games at your local bowling parlor than you are playing our sport.

In fact, there are - and it is an unfortunate fact that we have any - only two confirmed deaths in regards to paintball - both involving Carbon Dioxide tanks where the tanks were modified by untrained personnel.

Please don't take this as a direct attack against your article, because by the look of the supplied map - it does seem to be somewhat of an awkward location, however many people seem to think you would like to see the sport banned.

Thank you for taking the time to read this e-mail, and should you have any questions, do feel free to e-mail me back.

The Reply

Dear Mr. Greening:

Thank you for your "decent" reply. You are one of few. If you look at "pbjunkie" on the internet, you will get a better understanding of our plight here. This is an illegal land use. We moved here to this beautiful valley (RLzone rural/residential/animal keeping with an agriculture overlay) to enjoy the peace and quiet and stars and wildlife. It is a special place I call living in "Gods' hand". The noise from this activity literally can be heard 2 miles away.
It echoes off the mountians and hills. It sounds like a warzone then you have all the yelling,.
In my reading of many, many comments and emails from paintball people, there is such a thing called paintball toxicicity. It affects mostly dogs, rare but true. I have apologized to the professionals about the inaccuarte publications, you don't really know they are or aren't as there isn't much information about same. The use is illegal without a conditional use permit, which when I bought my land to build my retirement ranch, I was aware it would require public notice etc. This man bought, immediately installed a 20,000.00+ professional field and began playing commercially for one year. He knows someone in code enforcement and now we all have to fight to preserve our beautiful valley. Not a good light for the sport.
There were many other places, legal, for his uses. I cannot sell my home as I must disclose this noise issue and it has devalued all properties in the area. So I hope you can see, statistics are meaningless to me here. My life and the peace for my animals that also have a right to enjoy their home without distress will be literally ruined. I did not budget for this "loss" and I don't think my life should have to change because a greedy lawless liar needs to make a buck. He's destroyed owl nests and many animals commonly seen before are a delight and a rarity anymore., He's illegal and we will abate him because it is illegal. It's just going to take more time and money than planned because he has friends in places we dont. I wouldn't be surprised if monetary gain was in the works. I plan on turning officials abetting this problem to the grand jury. It's merely not a disgrunteled old woman needing something to do, and it's killing my elderly handicapped neighbors that live 300' away. Hopefully, your sport can deal with this rogue individual.

#14 User is offline   10-shot kid 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:57 PM

"Hopefully, your sport can deal with this rogue individual."

It's almost as if we need some sort of group to stop people from doing this sort of thing....

Nah, lets just flame the hell out of something we have no comprehension of
Edward Thomas Cigar: 104 Limestone Plaza Fayettville, the only place with a proper lounge to buy and smoke well kept premium and rare cigars in syracuse.
Cousins paintball: Top of the line tourny and rec. fields and gear http://www.playpaintball.com/

Professional Internet Poster Sponsered by,
Sean "SP marketing dude" Scott: DESTROYER OF SPECIAL OPS 4 EVAH!

#15 User is offline   piccardalpha3 

• dragonzord pwns
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:piccardalpha3

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:27 PM

i think that this is crazy let us play

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic