• You cannot reply to this topic

Deadly Wind Whisper Barrel Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:24 PM

I like the fact that it will take the inserts, that's slick. Now I'll have to keep my eye on them until they make it for the 98c.
Who flung poo?

#17 User is offline   Elmer 

• Its Paintball Season!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Elmer

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:13 AM

The names kind of catchy too. Reminds me of time in church as kids sitting next to Gilla. ;)
Elmer J. Fudd
"I own a Tippmann and some shot."

#18 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

View PostElmer, on Mar 20 2008, 09:13 AM, said:

The names kind of catchy too. Reminds me of time in church as kids sitting next to Gilla. :)

Silent but deadly. Hey, that could be a sign on, if not already used. :D
Who flung poo?

#19 User is offline   Elmer 

• Its Paintball Season!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Elmer

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

Silent but deadly. Hey, that could be a sign on, if not already used. :D
[/quote]

Finally, I've been watching this dead thread for a while, hoping that you would see the results of my midnight typing.

Hello Broddaman, another week or so I will be moved and ready to join you on the field of battle. Keep it warm for me :happy:

Until then I salute you. May your balls break easy and your barrel fire straight. :(

That sounded really bad... but seeing that you are going into battle Saturday with the boys from Toledo Tacticle, I will chance it on this dead thead.

To the wardens... well the salute in military history is supposed to sound both tough and silly and I think this qualifies, if I am wrong please sting me so I learn and in that case I offer a premature appology. (If this was close to yuck! Please let me know anyway so I can steer clear of it.)

Yours Truley...
Elmer J. Fudd
"I own a Tippmann and some shot."

#20 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:21 AM

I posted this in a Sniper barrel post & felt it deserved to go here also:

I just went out this weekend to play.

I have a ton of gear, and some of it goes unused at times. (trust me; don't buy more than you need!)

So I blew the dust off my Deadly Wind 16" carbon fiber barrel (AutoCocker threads) and threaded it into my ION.
I used a .687 freak insert etc etc. NOTE: I wasn't that impressed with it the first time I used it and always stuck with my favorite DYE barrel.

Thought I'd really give it a try and use it for the day. Decide if I was going to sell it, or keep it kind of deal.
I went to the target range and chrono'd in around 280 +/- a couple fps's
and was nailing the furthest (over 80ft) targets with ease and accuracy!

At the beginning of the game I set my ION to burst mode and went down the tapeline to flank the bad guys base.

Some opposing player was sneaking around blasting some kids that were following me in the back. I hung out in some palmettos and waited for this player to come hunt me down. What he didn't know is I moved 20 ft from the last spot he knew I was in.

Here he came, about 50 ft away from me with his side to me. I popped up and fired two three round burst and all six shots
hit him in his ear! Now I'm not proud of that fact, but I was amazed that they all landed on top of each other with precise accuracy.

I used the deadly wind carbon fiber barrel the rest of the day and made some fantastic shots with it on my ION.
I am a renewed fan of this barrel!!!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users