Special Ops Paintball: So...yeah - Special Ops Paintball

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So...yeah Apparently, someone at jungle magazine reads the forums. Rate Topic: -----

#91 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:58 AM

View PostBoots, on Sep 5 2008, 09:04 AM, said:

View PostAaronC, on Sep 4 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

I'm quite happy that women don't play paintball that way I know I can count on the laundry getting finished and dinner being ready when I get home.

Do you seriously want to go there? The other girls with threaten you, yes, I will batter you (on here) until you apologize and admit that the women in your life would kick your butt into neverland on the field..
Oh, also, where do you live?

AaronC i really hope you forgot a dodgy or something in there because that was not right.
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#92 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

View Postmass destruction, on Sep 5 2008, 02:58 PM, said:

View PostBoots, on Sep 5 2008, 09:04 AM, said:

View PostAaronC, on Sep 4 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

I'm quite happy that women don't play paintball that way I know I can count on the laundry getting finished and dinner being ready when I get home.

Do you seriously want to go there? The other girls with threaten you, yes, I will batter you (on here) until you apologize and admit that the women in your life would kick your butt into neverland on the field..
Oh, also, where do you live?

AaronC i really hope you forgot a dodgy or something in there because that was not right.

Oh it wasn't right?! I guess I'm going to have to go and consult my book of proper dodgy usage so that I can avoid further offending the humour impaired. :(

#93 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

View Postmass destruction, on Sep 5 2008, 11:54 AM, said:

View PostEthrealwolf, on Sep 5 2008, 04:40 AM, said:

Yes, the reasoning is different- he wants someone to look at (fully clothed or not) and Becc wants someone who can give a respectable public face to her 'side' of the sport (though I still don't, and, more to the point, won't consider female paintballers a separate entity from any other paintballers). That said, both want more girls to pick up a marker, and snag a mask- and both want an end to a certainbranch of existing female ballers (him to what are, for lack of a better term, 'biker women', and Becc wants and end to skanks in the sport) Both of which ain't happening in a realistic world. I mean, let's face it- again, and repeating myself here, what kind of female do you really expect to be drawn to the sport of shooting the crap outta other people? Well-behaved traditional good looking girls? or the tough ones who are 'just one of the guys', except with different...bitz. I mean, really, that's kind of common sense. Yes, there are exceptions, and that's great. But, by and large, you're getting the biker wimmen. women. whatever, you get my point. (it's late, I'm tired, and I still have to drag the last little bit of gear in from the garage.) Anyway- the point I guess I'm trying to make is the two articles are similar- to a degree- and enough alike that it seems like the one (boobage) was written as a response to the other.

thats very true, different versions of the same argument, to get one type of player interested and the other gone.

that article is still extremely sexist though.

oh, agreed. that it is
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#94 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:23 PM

To the mods and admins. You REALLY need to make a head desk and facepalm smily. This article deserves atleats four of both
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#95 User is offline   Painkiller Jane 

• It's a Pirate's life for me!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Painkiller Jane

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

View PostM.O.P., on Sep 5 2008, 02:23 PM, said:

To the mods and admins. You REALLY need to make a head desk and facepalm smily. This article deserves atleats four of both

AGREED!

so did anyone figure out if that stupid guy that wrote the article really read the forum?

pkj
PBP Pirate Ninja Alliance AGWS!
PKJ + Legato = WAFFLES!!!!!!

[I USE DIRTY WORDS TO BOOST MY SELF ESTEEM] according to Spec Ops Forum

#96 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:38 PM

View PostM.O.P., on Sep 5 2008, 02:23 PM, said:

amen
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#97 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:23 PM

View PostPainkiller Jane, on Sep 5 2008, 06:31 PM, said:

so did anyone figure out if that stupid guy that wrote the article really read the forum?

pkj

i dont think he did... brett was joking... i think

#98 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

They should've kept Doc Jungle. I actually liked him...

By the way, I (sadly) don't get Jungle at the moment, so if my forum name ever comes up, will somebody please PM me? Thanks.

This post has been edited by Ka1iBuR: 06 September 2008 - 05:36 PM

#99 User is offline   Rain Camo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

maybe because I'm from other country but I think that this thread have gone to "dark side". I think that I understand 68% of the whole topic, the rest sounds like a collection of semi-comprehensive feelings and thoughts. Really, this thread doesn't follow any order of ideas. try to keep it good, OK?

PD: And yeah, that writer sucks. his article is poo, just tell the magazine that he sucks, don't get that unstable. I am surprised that people here have not made their own magazine (that to my opinion should be like gamespot: online, part free and part for subscribers that pay!) because others might not be good. (I have seen two and doesn't fill my expectations)

#100 User is offline   Atypical 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Atypical

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Sep 3 2008, 06:49 AM, said:

Let me put it as an open question to any lady of the forums that's gotten this far- would you be enticed into playing a sport, ANY sport, purely to give the 'idiot minority' something to look at?

Let me put it to you another way, y'all- would you, as a guy who is relatively new to the sport, and for some reason reads this particular column or page or what have you, would you be even remotely interested in introducing your girlfriend to the sport purely to give the 'idiot minority' something to lust after all day? huh? I wouldn't- actually, I'd keep her as far removed from a field as possible, in those circumstances. (not that that's an option for me, because she plays, and has for over a year) Let me ALSO point out that he also calls out our less 'ladylike' female players- the ones that are, for lack of a better term 'just one of the guys' in almost all aspects- tatts, whatever. again, duh. Really, what kind of girl do you honestly expect to be attracted to the sport of shooting the crap out of your opponent with high velocity gelcaps full of paint? Yes, there are exceptions, don't yell at me (promise you i get at least one angry PM about the preceding sentence).

With everything I've read, there's not much left to add, except my two cents if it even comes to that. If I thought I would be treated like eye candy I wouldn't play, plain and simple. And if I thought that the only way to be accepted as a female player was to dress promiscously, again, you wouldn't see me there. I'd leave it to the pigs. Fortunately there are enough decent guys playing for me to not feel that way.

My husband pointed this thread out to me, I usually get the news on the threads from him and don't log on much myself. But when he first took me to a field with guys outside our group of friends, he warned me of there crudeness etc. And really I didn't see it. So thank you to all the men who aren't pigs and who just play the game for the game and let women do the same.

#101 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:06 PM

Okay now I guess I'm gonna add to this. Yes the article was sexist. But seriously get over it. If girls don't want to be looked at they wouldn't but short shorts, make up, or half the other things they buy.

#102 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:55 PM

View Postghost93, on Sep 7 2008, 03:06 PM, said:

Okay now I guess I'm gonna add to this. Yes the article was sexist. But seriously get over it. If girls don't want to be looked at they wouldn't but short shorts, make up, or half the other things they buy.

For the second time. I agree with Ghost.
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#103 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

View Postghost93, on Sep 7 2008, 01:06 PM, said:

Funny part is...I agree.

I'm only as agitated as I am because of how the article is presented- and how the idiot that wrote it replaced doc jungle (who I always found funny)
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#104 User is offline   Boots 

• Dye hard paintball chick.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:boots1027

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:23 PM

View Postghost93, on Sep 7 2008, 01:06 PM, said:

While I agree with you on that, from what I understand, he was saying more pretty girls should play than less attractive girls, not that they complain about getting stared at..
Team Irregulators!
DESTINY ARMY!
"Makes me want to snort gasoline, light a match, and swallow it." - Ethrealwolf
"I can see the second guy crashing...even the 4th..even maybe the 7th..but what the hell was the 59th guy thinking? "Hey that looks like a 58 car pile up..lemme get closer" CRASH" - Midnight Phenom
Studcookie #2 <3 Wild Cat

#105 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

• SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:41 PM

now. rant:
WHO AND WHAT THE BOINK DOES THAT SISSY-buttocked DESPERATE RETARDED BOINKJOB OF A WANNABE MANPIMP THINK HE IS?! HOW IN THE FLYING BOINK DOES ANYONE EXPECT ME TO CONVINCE MY FRIENDS TO PLAY MORE IF THEY THINK THEYRE ONLY GOING TO GET FELT UP IN BETWEEN GAMES?! well, BOINK, if i wanted that to happen, id just bring them to one of my highschool dances!!!!
Id love to meet that poo for brains and PEE SHOOTER for eyes on the field, id show him just how much girls are NOT there for his browsing pleasure. heres an idea, if you want the canines with lack of y chromosome with stds who will leave you after they BOINK you (in more than one way) and steal your money, go hire a hooker. the very few girls who play to get the guys deserve to get shot... heh, guess theyre in the right sport after all.
BOINKing retarded worm sucking sons of whores
/rant

that was a good rant
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users