Special Ops Paintball: tru shotgun pump - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

tru shotgun pump a pump gun that had 7+ barrels on it(an evolving idea)

#1 User is offline   mad4tv13 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

my idea would be to create a pump gun similar to the palmer pursuit nasty series of markers but with more barrels ive had many ideas for it pneumatic assist pumping because the strength required to pump it a single time would be tremendous i think. along with some other ideas such as an x-7 hopper system, a stock with a nine ounce storage area built in basically hollow that would hold the tank in place as co2 fed into the marker etc and i was wondering what people thought and decided to run it up the flag pole to see who would salute

:angry: :D

#2 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:52 PM

punctuation would help.

whats the point of 7 barrels? all you need is 1 paintball to get someone out. Theres really no point for a shotgun in paintball. 7 barrels would be huge, heavy, tough to aim, and with only a 9 ounce, you wouldnt get to fire it too many times...

#3 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

7 barrels?! ummm.... wow... I think 3-4 might be okay, but you might as well throw the 9 oz co2 idea out the window as it wont last long AT ALL... or you could always just go get a spyder MR2 and a gravity fed hopper and you have a REAL shot gun (can you say chop?) :)

#4 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:31 PM

View PostXakk, on Oct 15 2009, 08:55 PM, said:

7 barrels?! ummm.... wow... I think 3-4 might be okay, but you might as well throw the 9 oz co2 idea out the window as it wont last long AT ALL... or you could always just go get a spyder MR2 and a gravity fed hopper and you have a REAL shot gun (can you say chop?) :)

Good hackkkk.... on Spyder.

Shottys are dope, but I agree with Smitty, no place in PB.

#5 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

i like the RAP4 shotty.. but its soo damn expensive..
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#6 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zing

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:06 PM

if you were to go through with this, you will have to make it capable of more than a 9oz'er.
you don't want the wieght of a heavyer tank, go remote.
your going to have a hard time getting this to work out the way you want, and a lot of money will be spent.
but if it makes you happey, and you can get it up and running, then you'll defenietly have one of the more uniqe guns out there.

just keep in mind that it has probably been thought of before (maybe not your exact design), and yet it's not really spoken of (rarly), so there are probably some real big hangovers in the way (like the actual effectiveness in game play, and the criticism that goes with it).

so props. to you if you do it.

#7 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

oh ya, if all you want is something that shoots many paintballs at once, then check out the hovoc gernade launcher or the Eclipse Lancher, they both have a 30(or so) shot round option.

#8 User is offline   mad4tv13 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

allright honestly i believe theres a loss of translation all my idea is is a 7 barreled pump gun like the nasty from pps but with a few more barrels on it im not looking for a freaking grenade launcher im not looking for a piece of crap i posted for seriousness not bullspit ok if your not going to help me other then horrible knocking me down then dont bother posting. i realize all you guys are freaking "masters of paintball" and you know exactly how somethings going to work but sometimes there are things that dont require bs comments

#9 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

View Postmad4tv13, on Oct 16 2009, 02:48 PM, said:

allright honestly i believe theres a loss of translation all my idea is is a 7 barreled pump gun like the nasty from pps but with a few more barrels on it im not looking for a freaking grenade launcher im not looking for a piece of crap i posted for seriousness not bullspit ok if your not going to help me other then horrible knocking me down then dont bother posting. i realize all you guys are freaking "masters of paintball" and you know exactly how somethings going to work but sometimes there are things that dont require bs comments

Was there any biting sarcasm in there?
There's no need for anyone to get confrontational about this. Realistically, no one knows whether or not this would work. People are merely voicing how they think it would or wouldn't work. That's what you wanted isn't it?

As for me, while I agree that it wouldn't be at all practical, I do think it would be awesome purely for the sake of intimidation and unique-ness. Whether or not that makes it worth the time and money is something only you can decide...
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   mad4tv13 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

sry i went off the handle but i hate people who think their the uber mench of paintball and dont know what they re talking about or people who misunderstand and instantly smack talk the idea. but anyway i dont think a pump gun like that would be all that heavy lightweight aluminum and maybe a brass barrel...or seven but the idea was purely intimidation and devistation and i thought my ideas were pretty good seven barrels linked togethor with seven seperate chambers acting on a singular pumping mechanism. the nine ounce for the stock tank idea was because i liked the idea of a self contained marker im not sure mow many shot your can get with a single pump gun off a nine ounce but anyway. along with an a-5 hopper spliced and fitted to the back with an inch overlap on the feed ports and drop them down through the chambers like a pongo board it would be a required rock n cock for feeding purposes but essencially a pump gun

#11 User is offline   Zing 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:53 PM

shesh man, i was just trying to help.
sorry some people ripped on your idea, but i thought it was kinda cool, i'm sorry i didn't make that clear the first time.
the only reason i said it wouldn't be effective is because you got a seven times higher rate of something going horrably wrong in the field. i just ain't sure how it would work (this comment isn't negative, I just can't figure it out that is all), but i am being supportive, u should do it if you want to, and no one can make you do otherwise.

so good luck :D

#12 User is offline   Pyrate Jim 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:13 AM

I have a PPS Nasty 'Phoon but I rarely use it for two reasons.
First, many fields won't allow it and second, even with two barrels it weighs about ten pounds. You need arms like an olympic shot-putter to carry it around.

My question to you is how would you chrono all those barrels?
CT co-ordinator, Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6

#13 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:27 PM

This is CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Learn the term.

Many issues:

1. Weight. To fire 7 barrels, you need 7 separate firing assemblies, AKA 7 markers. At roughly 2 lbs each, you are looking at easily 14 lbs minimum, empty, no paint or air.

2. How do you feed 7 guns all linked closely together? A hopper is wider than the marker. A Nasty from Palmers gets around this with angle feednecks, you don't have that option with 7 barrels. You could do spring feeds, but that adds even more weight and makes your reload time debilitating to the point of ineffectiveness.

3. How do you fire 7 markers simultaneously? One trigger linked to all 7? Your trigger pull would be sky high. Multiply the trigger weight of one marker times 7. Better lift finger weights if you expect to play all day with that.

4. How do you pump it? Again, like the trigger, multiply the pump weight by 7. Better start working out a lot.

It's ok to have lofty ideas. But don't freak on people when they point out flaws in your idea than bring you back down to earth.

#14 User is offline   chro 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:26 AM

View PostJackson, on Oct 17 2009, 02:27 PM, said:

This is CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Learn the term.

Many issues:

1. Weight. To fire 7 barrels, you need 7 separate firing assemblies, AKA 7 markers. At roughly 2 lbs each, you are looking at easily 14 lbs minimum, empty, no paint or air.

2. How do you feed 7 guns all linked closely together? A hopper is wider than the marker. A Nasty from Palmers gets around this with angle feednecks, you don't have that option with 7 barrels. You could do spring feeds, but that adds even more weight and makes your reload time debilitating to the point of ineffectiveness.

3. How do you fire 7 markers simultaneously? One trigger linked to all 7? Your trigger pull would be sky high. Multiply the trigger weight of one marker times 7. Better lift finger weights if you expect to play all day with that.

4. How do you pump it? Again, like the trigger, multiply the pump weight by 7. Better start working out a lot.

It's ok to have lofty ideas. But don't freak on people when they point out flaws in your idea than bring you back down to earth.

To add to this, there is a reason palmers shop (last i heard) wont do more than 2 barrel guns, the air efficiency drops like a rock, its just too hard to get enough air to that many barrels to achieve consistency and fps, it is just not realistic, If i were you i would START with 3 at the most. test, fix, add another barrel and see what you can do.

#15 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:31 AM

True shotguns in paintball are pointless because, with the rate of fire that even a Tippmann comes with (Actually, especially Tippmanns and other electronic-assist blowbacks, given their inherent average-at-best accuracy), you can send a lot more paint downrange at the same time then you could with a grape-shot shotgun. Yeah, there might be a gap of a few milliseconds, but, with your average reaction time, there's no discernible difference, and a lot more control to boot.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users