Special Ops Paintball: Ahhhhh....snakes!! - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ahhhhh....snakes!! Have you ever had an experiance with a snake? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Maverick_07 

• Go on....make my lunch...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:haon_07

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:01 AM

I have never had a snake encounter during paintball, but have seen my fair share of garter snakes out for a nice sun bath. Truth be told I'm terrified of snakes, but hey they are sneaky and I'll never see one coming so why not just get out into the woods and have some fun? The way I see it, if god wants that snake to attack me, so be it.

I also would like everyone to know that snakes are very afraid of loud noises, and lots of comotion (as far as I know), they slither away at the first sign of danger usually so there is really a small chance of finding one. However, if you do happen to corner one, run before it gets coiled...

This post has been edited by haon_07: 02 April 2007 - 11:01 AM

My signature is......................SIGNATURE!

#17 User is offline   Poppa Snipe 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

Not yet, but I did sneak up on a turtle two weeks ago, lol. He just kinda looked at me like I was stupid. I'd be more worried about a copperhead or water moccasin than a rattler, those are very aggressive, a rattler will give you warning most times. The moccasin (aka cottonmouth) will chase you , lol.

#18 User is offline   Lukeg 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Keeper

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:11 PM

View PostSnipeangel, on Apr 2 2007, 09:18 AM, said:

No Snakes, But Well Alaska go figure. But I had a moose almost step on me while I was setting up an ambush. I had crawled into this little depression and was waiting for a good shot and I heard what I thought was some gungho newb blasting through the under brush. so I waited to see if he was friendly or not and OOOHH CRAAAP.. I'm just glad I didn't jump out of my skin and spook him. Every one started shooting at each other and it ruffled his feathers enough that he moved on. I took a much needed change the shorts break....

A moose that has feathers?!?! WHERE? :aah: You mean moose and fur or goose and feathers?

Anyway. No, no snakes while playing. But I've had caterpillars attack me. Lots and lots of caterpillars...
"And what of comfort? Comfort is an illusion. A false security bred from familiar ways. It narrows the mind. Weakens the body and robs the soul of spirit and determination. Comfort is neither welcome nor tolerated. It is a luxury we cannot afford. It is a difficult thing to leave behind, but it is the enemy and it will be cast aside."

#19 Guest_Burning Tears_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

I had a big ol' Columbian Red Tail Make its self comfy in My Rank Vile Jacket. I was hiding inside a dugout, and when I layed down the little bugger went 'hiss' so I opened up my pocket, and it was just sitting there so I put it on the ground all nice like and such (I have a pet Columbian Red Tail) and smashed its head under my boot and I casually dusted the brains off my boot and I went on my way. Oh, and once I was attacked by a blood thirsty squirrel once before, it hopped on my old gillie when I was crawling and it went loco on my DUMPER and started taking stuff from me, little FATHERLESS MAN stole my flask :D

This post has been edited by Burning Tears: 02 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

#20 User is offline   Andrew the Sniper 

• Haha, that post is 100% true --------------->
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Andrewthesniper

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:27 AM

Oh, we don't have snakes in Florida, they don't like the tons of water and environment.... :P

Official Pump Owner #102
Official Sabre #1

#21 User is offline   Reb 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:No brigade affiliation

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:57 AM

Nah, no snakes....but I had an encounter with a ground swarm of bees once.............they won. :aah:
I have never been shot by a player in a ghillie suit.

#22 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:23 AM

View PostReb, on Apr 3 2007, 05:57 AM, said:

Nah, no snakes....but I had an encounter with a ground swarm of bees once.............they won. :aah:

Been there done that... its just that mine were of the killer variety in Mexico.

Never had to deal with a snake while playing paintball, but I've dealt with plenty of snakes. I moved an 8 foot python off the road, again in Mexico, removed rattlers from cave entrances before going in, and that kinda thing. I've never intentionally killed one just because it was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I do have to say, I would have thought about it when it came to that copperhead spoke about earlier. More then likely I'd just relocate the damn thing though to a less populated area.

I really don't recommend snake handling to just anyone though, being an environmental studies major, I've hung out with more then my fair share of crazy herpetologists, and learned plenty from them.

#23 User is offline   SneakyStam 

• SneakyStam
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneakystam

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

ive done backpacking in the mountains of NW (southwest area) and there are a crapload of rattlesnakes out there in the lower altitudes. theyre pretty docile, as long as you dont try to hurt them or do anything stupid (like throw rocks or pick it up for example).

almost stepped on a few, but no bites for me. lucky i suppose.
Sometimes the best strategies are made while being shot at.

the only people that will tell the truth are drunks and children

with all the arguing about paintball snipers, it makes me wonder why i even bother to shoot them.

Is a sniper in hand worth two in the bush? For those who know this proverb, i think its arguable. lol.

#24 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

I had a snake encounter once.

I was relaxing in the hammock at my aunt and uncle's house on the river when I saw a snake pop his head up out of the deck, facing right at me. I was under the porch and the deck is on the water about 20 feet away.

So I figure I'm gonna catch a snake today. I try and sneak up to him but he hides back under the deck. Thinking I'll outsmart him, I lay down on the deck behind where he popped out. Sure enough, a few seconds later, he pops his head back out. I let about six inches of him come out from under the deck and as fast as I can I grab him with both hands around the neck.

Now, he didn't look like a very large snake. He wasn't that big around and his head was fairly small. Boy was I surprised when I pulled upwards of six feet of snake out from under the deck! It wasn't easy, either, he was resisting every bit of the way with every inch of him. I never actually had full control over him. I finally got him back under the porch when he went and bit me on the hand, right between my thumb and index finger. It surprised me enough that I let go and he hauled his long tail under the slab of the house.

I was disappointed, I wanted to surprise everyone when they got back, haha. I didn't even have teethmarks to show for my struggle, either...

I'm rather good at identifying the local slithery species, so I wasn't worried in the least. He was a Black Runner, btw, completely non-poisonous. Just a little feisty when you try to grab hold of them.

This post has been edited by BlueDragonX: 04 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#25 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

Oh, yeah, this other time I was on a sailing trip off the southern coast of Australia. We stopped at a little island and one of the crew briefed us on the local wildlife before getting off the boat. Apparently one of the things we may or may not see was going to be the most poisonous land snake in the world. But we probably wouldn't see it, he said.

Sure enough, I was with a group of us and one of my friends pointed out a snake. I told him and the rest of the group that that was the particular snake we were supposed to be avoiding. They got scared and I laughed and took a picture. It was something like a 1 in 50 chance or something, so I was thrilled ;)

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#26 User is offline   Aurora Knight 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 043

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

I've never had a snake encounter, but this is Eastern Canada, and I've been chased by a moose before... I don't know why it did, it just did. It WAS during mating season though...
I've also ran into a bear while playing. I was sneaking along, and I see these two little furballs. What were they? Two little bear cubs, and they start toddling after me. I'm freaked. Where there's a cub, there's a mother, and you don't want to meet the mother. I was fortunate though, I managed to get away before mommy go to me...
~Aurora knight

All Wars are Civil wars, for all men are brothers.
HOTTEST Karnivor EVER! http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=161438

#27 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

They're pretty popular in the area I play in. We've only run into them once or twice, never when we were playing. My one buddy grabbed one by the tail and it excreted on him so he let go...
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#28 User is offline   Pimpman 

• say hello to my little friend
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:swissblade

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:17 PM

once i had an experience with a rattle snake. i was lying down and i look over and about 5 ft away is this snake on this rock basking in the sun. that was the fastest i have ever run in a ghillie.

#29 User is offline   Traakon 

• I came I saw, I ...wait...what was the question?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Traakon

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:55 PM

We use to run into them a lot in the old days when I first started playing. The fields were used only on Saturdays and sat dormant the rest of the week and sometimes for a couple weeks at a time since paintball was not very well known.

The one I remember most clearly was when we use to play on a field on the reservation near the river. Not a bad field, lots of cover, lots of “holes” to slip into, sand bunkers and even a block “building” was built into one end of the field. It was during a night game, about an hour after sundown and the air was getting cool (down near the upper 80’s) but the ground was damp and cooler. I and another player from my team came upon a guy hunkered into one of the “holes” with a good woven ledge in the front. These were the “Pump only” days so we did our best to bugger him out but he just would not budge. We figured we would try and flank, to no avail due to his position and the best we could do was to make an assault from two angles, he could not get us both.

Just as we were about to move on him we heard him “squeal” and start tearing at the wooded ledge and coming out like his pants were on fire. Step one, shoot him…step two, and find out what the heck was up.
He just kept saying, “snake” and heading for the exit in a dead run. Well when we peered over the edge with the light, there was a 10” tree shake that apparently had decided his pants leg was a nice warm spot to rest. He had apparently beaten at it before it fell out and he had indeed done damage. It was curling and twisting in knots and not real healthy looking. We relieved its misery.

Later that night the guys killed two small rattlers in the staging area and the field operator decided it was time to call it a night. The group we had played pretty regular but our “Snake Charmer”(his new name) never played another night game.
Death is just a passage...so bring more paint!!!

#30 User is offline   Zach_attack 

• Pimp slap
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:On the tail on the frog on the bump on the branch on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea.

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:42 PM

Ive been on defense then I see a bee fly in front of my mask and I was just dead still lol. I have seen a dog run across the field and petted it(Field owner accidently let it out) lol .One time a guy on my team heard something behind him and he turned and shot. Guess what he shot?

A baby(no not just born) deer.
Bonus points :rolleyes:

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users